Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2013, 21:58   #646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Normally means a metal coating on the glass. Which very effectively also blocks out cell phone etc. signals.

Regards
Sutripta
Are you sure it's metallic? Can be ceramic as well, right?
If it's metallic, GPS will be affected. If it's ceramic, it won't be
Old 16th April 2013, 10:00   #647
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
I do not think OTR prices will be 10.3L for the VX i-Dtec. It will be more in the range of 9.5L
Sort of blowing my own trumpet, I had predicted that the Top-end vx version will be about 9.5L OTR in Bangalore. Magnum Honda sent me a price list and the price is 949490.00 - Pretty close I must say

On another note, I have decided to cancel my booking as I did not want to go for the Amaze S option with no air bags. Also wifey was not happy with the Amaze Sedan (well she is never happy with sedans and hatchbacks - She is a SUV/MUV girl). So we went to the Toyota showroom, checked out the Innova (again !!!) and then went to Renault. Both these vehicles are at a different price point than our original budget of 10L. So Innova was more or less dropped instantaneously (top-end model 18L plus OTR in Bangalore). Finally we decided that we will buy Duster 85PS (O) variant which was 13.5L OTR Bangalore. Will keep the updates coming, but probably in the Duster thread so that I do not go on this thread.

Last edited by shabash : 16th April 2013 at 10:01. Reason: Small grammar change
shabash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 11:51   #648

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
6,000 Bookings since launch & counting as per Economic times report;

Source : http://articles.economictimes.indiat...rst-diesel-car
News channels were reporting 13,500 bookings in the first 5 days (i.e. till 15th April). Although I dont have a link to corroborate the same.
Old 16th April 2013, 12:35   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

My official communication with Honda CR regarding the exchange offer on the Amaze on launch, as advertised by Mr. Jnaneshwar Sen, VP, Honda Cars India, repeatedly before the launch of the Amaze.

My email:-

Quote:
Hello Honda,
Before the Amaze was launched, there were reports in various newspapers about the Amaze being launched with an exchange offer, so that other customers owning old cars of any brand will be able to exchange it for a new Amaze.
This was reported to be said by Mr. Jnaneshwar Sen, VP, Honda Cars India.
Newspapers such as The Economic Times, Business Standard, and various automobile sites carried this bit of news.

I am sending a link from the Economic Times e-newspaper slideshow regarding the same - http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/slideshows/auto/honda-goes-all-out-to-woo-customers-with-new-sedan-amaze/slideshow/19005631.cms
(Page 4 & Page 5 - I quote:
"Stressing on the importance to meet customer requirements, he said: "With Amaze, we are expecting a lot of first time buyers. Our senior management people, even including our Senior Vice President and Director Shigeru Yamazaki, are doing home visits of Brio buyers to understand their needs and learn from them."
Sen further said the company expects a lot of self driven customers for Amaze as compared to its other sedans which are mostly chauffeur driven.
"Therefore, we are preparing for quick service, road-side assistance, maintenance package of two years or 40,000 km, extended warranty. We are ensuring that cost of maintenance is low," he said, adding HCIL would also have exchange offers for Amaze with old cars of any brand.")

This was also carried on a few days ago, yet again - http://profit.ndtv.com/news/industries/article-honda-amaze-how-the-firm-plans-to-make-it-a-success-320855

However, upon my repeated query from the nearest Honda dealer (Shubh Honda) regarding the same, they keep saying that the Amaze wasn't launched with any exchange offers and till now, they are not aware of any communication from Honda Cars India regarding any exchange facility/offer for the Amaze.
I need some clarification on the same - is there any exchange offer on the Amaze (right now, or in the pipeline). I will need to adjust some funds accordingly, and get a suitable buyer for my older car, if there is so.

Kindly advise/clarify at the earliest.

Thank you.

Awaiting your reply,
Avi

Honda's reply:-

Quote:
Dear Mr. Avi,

This is in reference to your trailing communication received by us.
We thank you for choosing Honda and truly value your patronage.

Sir, you will appreciate that it is our sincere efforts to provide best quality products that meet customer needs and aspirations. Offers/Schemes for customer benefits are designed and introduced by companies from time to time, subjected to certain terms & conditions.

As regards your query, we wish to inform you that at present there is no exchange offers are running on Honda Amaze. However, we have a section for buying and selling Pre owned cars, name as Auto terrace. We are advising our dealership M/s Shubh Honda to get in touch with you for providing the complete information on same and facilitate you,

We request your kind understanding on the subject and thanking once again for your patronage.

Regards,
Arti Mishra
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Cars India Ltd. ,Greater Noida
Seems like the advertisements of this offer before the launch was just marketing hype or hoopla, to increase interest. Either that, or the response to the Amaze has prompted them to shelve the idea for now.

I am not surprised. But, looking forward to this offer as soon as the initial hype dies down.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 21:08   #650
BHPian

Did a test drive of Amaze at Whitefield Honda. Similar comments as previous post.

It seems Honda is quite overwhelmed with the response was evident from the attitude of SA. Allowed merely 1/2 km TD, insisted with the SA usually the TD offered by others is till marthahalli bridge. which he flatly declined. When persisted he made a call to the showroom and the reply was the same as the customers was waiting. it was 11 in the morning and I could not see many people at the showroom.

Reminded the SA, not to get too carried away with enquiries and did a graceful exit.
Old 17th April 2013, 00:16   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxor87 View Post
I really hope Honda does something to address this long waiting period issue. But i don't think that will happen anytime soon until their second plant in Rajasthan becomes functional by 2014. With the next generation Jazz launching in early 2014 and next generation Honda City launch a little after that, Honda will definitely regain its lost turf. Sadly there are no plans for a Diesel Honda Brio according to Hironori Kanayama, President and CEO of Honda Cars India
I think they have announced plans for increasing the production capacity of the plant from 1,20,000 units to 2,40,000 units so that shall help them cut down the waiting periods. Its a slow process mate. If we bear with the company now, I am sure they'll offer a great ownership experience in the longer run.
Old 17th April 2013, 01:00   #652

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_dce View Post
I think they have announced plans for increasing the production capacity of the plant from 1,20,000 units to 2,40,000 units so that shall help them cut down the waiting periods. Its a slow process mate. If we bear with the company now, I am sure they'll offer a great ownership experience in the longer run.
The production capacity of the Greater Noida plant is 10,000 units per month or 1,20,000 units per year and it is going to remain the same. The doubling of production capacity to 2,40,000 units that you mentioned will only happen after the Rajasthan plant becomes functional in 2014. So for at least another 9 months i don't think the waiting period of Honda Amaze is going to significantly come down.
Old 17th April 2013, 01:42   #653
BHPian

Got a brochure and the price list (on road) of the Amaze from Ring Road Honda Peeragari (Delhi) today.

I have attached the price list along with the comparison of the various variants for those who are unaware of the differences between the variants.

Sorry for the bad quality of the images from my phone because of my laziness, though i'll scan them up if anyone requires
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image3349178293.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image4158086194.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image2194273837.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image1117065327.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image3192101820.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image2741255111.jpg  

Last edited by satyamkaushik : 17th April 2013 at 01:47.
satyamkaushik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 10:43   #654
Senior - BHPian

Saw the Amaze in traffic yesterday for the first time. It was a blue car and had probably just come out of the showroom as it had ribbons on the door handles and a bunch of noisy kids at the rear seat.

I have to say that the car was not attractive to look at. The Dezire is a better looker IMHO ( at least from the back ) since I was following this car. The Etios looks better.

Where Honda may win this game partially is interiors and their brand name.

However I have a feeling Dezire sales are not going to be affected a lot with the Amaze. I would love to see the monthly sales figures after 6 months during diwali.

I'd like to TD this car for the sake of it and see what the hype is. Its been 5 days since I filled up the TD form and no response yet. Honda is on a high at the moment.
Old 17th April 2013, 12:44   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
My official communication with Honda CR regarding the exchange offer on the Amaze on launch, as advertised by Mr. Jnaneshwar Sen, VP, Honda Cars India, repeatedly before the launch of the Amaze.
Why would you want to wait for an exchange offer ? Most of these exchange offers are just gimmicks because the valuation for your car will be far poorer than what you get with a used car dealer or better still a direct buyer. Please try to keep these 2 transactions separate to your benefit.
Old 17th April 2013, 13:14   #656
BHPian

I'm curious to know whether MSIL or its dealers are beginning to adjust the prices for its diesel offerings. I have a Ritz petrol (ABS) booking and the dealership is exerting pressure to convert that to a diesel booking citing immediate availability. We have been waiting more than 4 months for our car. Just looking at the ex-showroom price of Vdi-ABS and then Amaze E diesel, I see no reason to pick up the Ritz at its current price. From a quick glance, it's like we're trading tall-boy high-slung seats and a 15k premium for a larger car with bigger boot and better engine. It would have been a very easy decision if we weren't absolutely sure we don't need a sedan.
Old 17th April 2013, 15:15   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
It would have been a very easy decision if we weren't absolutely sure we don't need a sedan.
Indeed, if you would have needed a sedan Amaze would have made for a much better buy than the Ritz. How about you TD it? It offers a better performance than Ritz. Power is what I like the car to have and Amaze has it in it quite a lot.

@vkochar
Are you serious? Dzire looks better than Amaze? Amaze looks way better than Dzire anyday mate as far as I can think of.

Last edited by rohit_dce : 17th April 2013 at 15:16.
Old 17th April 2013, 15:27   #658

Had a TD at Hallmark, Thane with my friend who is interested, could notice huge waiting being a Sunday, but could notice that inspite of heavy rush, they were prompt to have us drive even at 6.45 pm, was surprised to notice the TD car had good low rev responses, an E symbol on the dash indicating fuel economy most of the times inspite of rush hour traffic on wagle estate road, wish all the success to HONDA, hope many happy customers in the long run.
They could improve upon the engine noise as it's being HONDA, we expect NVH at respectable levels
Old 17th April 2013, 15:30   #659

Also further to add upon, the rear bench is really better off than swift dsire which we TD before our AMAZE drive, kudos to the design team who have read the need of having the back benchers some more comfort
Old 17th April 2013, 16:19   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
Sort of blowing my own trumpet, I had predicted that the Top-end vx version will be about 9.5L OTR in Bangalore. Magnum Honda sent me a price list and the price is 949490.00 - Pretty close I must say

Yeah you were spot on !

How is it that prices are varying across dealers ? Dakshin Honda says 9.47L for VX Diesel .

They are promising a one month waiting period for anyone who had booked before the launch date.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks