Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2013, 16:11   #826
BHPian

Dealer Price list data says :

DZire standard warranty : 2 yr / 40k kms
Extd Wrnty cost for additional 2 yrs : Rs.12-13k

Amaze standard warranty : 2 yr / 40k kms
Extd Wrnty cost for additional 2 yrs : Rs.6.8-7.2k.

That's a starting point!
Old 28th April 2013, 19:13   #827
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Don't you think Honda and Ford would have thought of this eventuality and incorporated something into the design to protect radiators? I'd think more airflow to a radiator and condenser is a good thing.
I think i read somewhere on a forum that one of the senior members already suffered a condenser damage on his Brio when he hit a dog at 40kmph because of the lack of a lower cross member and a total repair cost of Rs.26,000/- of which 13k was for condenser with gas charging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post
Dealer Price list data says :

DZire standard warranty : 2 yr / 40k kms
Extd Wrnty cost for additional 2 yrs : Rs.12-13k

Amaze standard warranty : 2 yr / 40k kms
Extd Wrnty cost for additional 2 yrs : Rs.6.8-7.2k.

That's a starting point!
Thats not correct.

DZire's Diesel's extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year or upto 80,000kms cost Rs.7405/-, Rs.8235 and Rs.9270 for LDI, VDI and ZDI respectively. This is the price if one opt to take the extended warranty within the first 60 days of the purchase of the vehicle. For DZire Petrol its between Rs.6080/- and Rs.7955/- for lowest and highest trims.

http://www.marutisuzuki.com/extended-warranty.aspx

Last edited by Sankar : 28th April 2013 at 19:22.
Old 29th April 2013, 00:25   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Strictly in my opinion 2yrs or 40000 is too less for a Diesel car.. w.r.t my running.. I do somewhere around 30k an year and 40000 is too less for me. Also having owned multiple cars so far the concept of extended warranty is a gimmick and very hazy when it comes to what is covered.
Quite agree. For a diesel car 2 years/40K km is too less. Maybe 30K per year is on the higher side, but for most diesel cars doing the usual rounds in a city for personal use, travelling around 20K is quite normal. A 100,000km/3 years warranty would be peace of mind.

Is Toyota the only one offering this?

Last edited by subratasenn : 29th April 2013 at 00:26. Reason: punctuation
Old 29th April 2013, 00:44   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
While I agree to all other points regarding Amaze killing City, the last one point is debatable. Are you saying that DZire is throne out of competition and Amaze will rule tier-I cities? Though Amaze will give a tough fight to DZire, it is very difficult to dethrone DZire as the the largest selling sedan in India, even in tier-I cities, IMO. Once the Honda production constraints are over, I expect DZire : Amaze monthly sales at 14K : 8K. Let us wait and see!
I agree to the fact that Dzire has a reach in cities where Honda is not, but the point is that the Amaze offers such a VFM product that people might prefer waiting for it over the Dzire. That is why I agree on the fact that the Dzire is out of the question.
Old 29th April 2013, 08:20   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post

Quite agree. For a diesel car 2 years/40K km is too less. Maybe 30K per year is on the higher side, but for most diesel cars doing the usual rounds in a city for personal use, travelling around 20K is quite normal. A 100,000km/3 years warranty would be peace of mind.

Is Toyota the only one offering this?
Fiat and Chevy too for Punto and Sail. Finally we have booked a Punto 90Hp 2013 refresh model after seeing almost ALL the cars within 8.5L.
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 11:01   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbshankar View Post

- Few customers were looking at City because, they did not have Amaze.

However, under current economic conditions if I get some thing like City at lesser price, why not?
Again, City Killed Civic and now Amaze is set to kill City! Its all for good btw.
Honda has a competent product that offers more vs premium hatches and sedans under 10 lakh at brilliant price points. It caters to a huge demographic .they don't need another sedan in this segment.

I have a feeling the next gen jazz with a diesel under 4m will be the next big thing from Honda rather than the city.
Old 29th April 2013, 12:20   #832
Senior - BHPian

I visited the Honda dealership yesterday, as the initial rush is subsidising. There are lot of people who are ready to move from Swifts/ DZires to the Amaze... talk brand equity & diesel (25.8 kmpl mileage) craze. There were few CAs (my profession) to. So I guess this car is VFM in their opinion too.

The fact that it is 2.5 lacs to 3.5 lacs cheaper than the City (Variant on variant basis) is a compelling factor in itself. I found the whole package Amazing , something revolutionary after the Indigo CS & the car is even more spacious, unlike the current DZire, with Maruti Suzuki could not do much.

I the front footwell is spacious, & family/ group of 5 tall people won't have much complaint travelling in the car. The boot though rated 400L is appears a tight squeeze for the claimed capacity (City'a appeared almost 1.5 times bigger). I felt it is as good as Sail's boot.

The interior quality is acceptable & comparable to segment leader, but the Chocolate colour is bit garish IMO, & will last a longer period before the orchestra (rattling) starts. But, I feel the Beige colour could be a challenge to maintain in this segment.

The rear seat was as soft as Swift/ Dzire's rear seat, unlike the harder bench in my Santro Xing. And, it can easily 3 accommodate average built persons in the rear seat (contrary to what somebody else has suggested earlier).

Summing up, this is a worthy competition to DZire & the VW siblings, which seemingly was used as benchmark for this car, only if Honda noes not face capacity constraint in the future.

I would, however, prefer City over this, as the quality is bit better in City, & the waiting period would be considerably lower. Moreover, cars like Verna & City appear to be a segment higher as compared to the class they are categorised.

Only problem was the wait for haughty or too busy SA to approach humble looking people, & their callous attitude in not asking my contact details, when I started to leave the dealership .
Old 29th April 2013, 12:21   #833
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

WRT the discussion on the 0 - 100 time, please keep this point in mind:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
When the car is standing still, the 1.5L diesel won't revv above 2,000 rpm.
This greatly affects its launch timing. In a roll-on test, the Amaze will be even faster than the Dzire.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 13:36   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post

Overpriced compared to what if I may ask? We can only call a vehicle overpriced if another vehicle with comparable reliability, quality and refinement is available in the market and provides similar service experience. Sadly, no comparable options exist for the Innova.
Innova is extremely reliable. Agreed.
But reliability and quality arent the only criteria to judge a vehicle. Vehicles like Xylo,XUV and even Aria (after the price cut) offer a good deal.
Just because there isnt a second Innova in the market doesnt mean that what ever price they ask for is good value.

Quote:
Off topic but no one calls Elantra, Corolla/Altis or Laura overpriced, w/o realising that Innova takes a lot more metal to manufacture, has heavier duty parts, mores space, an AC in every row. Yes it does not have the gizmo's of the Higher C segment sedans, but one quick look and one can realize that it should cost more to manufacture.
By this logic every suv/mpv is a better value proposition than a similarly priced sedan !
Sumo Grande has more metal, more seats,more AC vents and more heavy duty parts compared to Amaze.
Where is the comparison ?

Quote:
See this link. http://www.toyota.co.th/en/product-d...cab&opt=grades

Innova costs 15% MORE in Thailand compared to the Altis (Lowest version starts at 848k THB compared to 751k THB for Altis).

In India, Altis is priced higher than the Innova but then no one calls the Altis or the general upper C segment (Elantra, Altis, Laura etc) overpriced.
Why compare Innova and Fortuner with any other vehicle !
Innova has seen a price hike of more than Rs 2 lakhs in recent times for hardly any differentiation from the original. Rise in raw material cost cannot be the only excuse. Thats clear cut case of manufacturer juicing out of demand for the vehicle.
Some say buying Innova is an investment. It is for those who got vehicle for its original price and post the hike in price the resale value has gone up.
Similarly Fortuner has seen price hike which definitely isnt exactly justified.

We are going off topic. We can further discuss on this matter in some appropriate thread.

Last edited by Turbokick : 29th April 2013 at 13:41.
Turbokick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 14:05   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys,

WRT the discussion on the 0 - 100 time, please keep this point in mind:

This greatly affects its launch timing. In a roll-on test, the Amaze will be even faster than the Dzire.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130429_134701.png
Views: 7351
Size:  555.5 KB

Autocar India did mention about the fact how the launch time gets affected as the idle rpm is limited till 2000 rpm only.

The result is the dzire being quicker to 80 kmph and mere 0.43 secs slower to 100 kmph.
0-130 is a different ball game though. Amaze is 3.2 secs quicker which is significant thanks to those extra 25 horses.

Numbers dont always tell the true story as driveability to be honest cannot be judged from these numbers. Amaze's in city behavior is its stongest point.

Interestingly ingear acceleration and top speed of dzire is also better than amaze as per Autocar.

Amaze vs Dzire (in secs)
20-80(3rd gear) : 13.53 vs 11.80
40-100(4th gear) : 15.09 vs 13.71

Topspeed :
Amaze : 140 kmph (electronically limited)
Dzire : 168 kmph

As expected Amaze is more efficient but dzire isnt too far away.

Fuel economy :
City : 14.6 (dzire) vs 15.2 (amaze)
Highway : 19.4 (dzire) vs 20.4 (amaze)

Even though idtec has got far superior power : ratio, ddis isnt exactly a tortoise. Either Amaze is tuned more for economy or ddis is more than what its specs suggest.

There is no doubt that Honda's bigger and more powerful idtec has got clear advantage over DDiS engine but when viewed in isolation, a technically 10 year old engine (multijet, that is) still is quite competent and good. Refinement and reliability are like cherry on the top.
Turbokick is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 19:44   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I visited the Honda dealership yesterday, as the initial rush is subsidising. There are lot of people who are ready to move from Swifts/ DZires to the Amaze... talk brand equity & diesel (25.8 kmpl mileage) craze. There were few CAs (my profession) to. So I guess this car is VFM in their opinion too.
Yes mate. Absolutely correct. The car is a total VFM and the Dzire looks like a mistake in front of it. Dzire is generations away from being a sedan. But on the other hand, the Amaze is a pretty much crafted car and the diesel mileage speaks volumes for itself.
Old 29th April 2013, 19:59   #837
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Innova is extremely reliable. Agreed.
But reliability and quality arent the only criteria to judge a vehicle. Vehicles like Xylo,XUV and even Aria (after the price cut) offer a good deal.
Just because there isnt a second Innova in the market doesnt mean that what ever price they ask for is good value.
Agree to that 100%. The Innova and the Fortuner are overpriced - they are in fact, the "cash cows" for Toyota - go on milking them when the demand exists.
Old 30th April 2013, 00:42   #838
BHPian

Time is transient. How true!!! Never thought that one fine day, Maruti will have richer interiors and a Honda will be humbled on this aspect. Maruti tried to up the ante with moving from utilitarian image to a relative upmarket sedan. Honda lowered their guard as far as interiors are concerned from "luxurious Honda" to "still a Honda" to beat the leader at its own game. Thats what market can do. Bless the competition!!!
Old 30th April 2013, 01:00   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I found the whole package Amazing , something revolutionary after the Indigo CS & the car is even more spacious, unlike the current DZire, with Maruti Suzuki could not do much.
\
Well, well, well! I dont find this comment quite positive for Amaze (no offence to Indigo CS owners).

Indigo might have done this to Maruti, hope Amaze does it finally.
Old 30th April 2013, 08:10   #840

Is there a reason why the top speed is limited to 140 km/hr ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks