Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2013, 10:12   #1171
BHPian

The radiator fan (which turns on to cool the engine) keeps getting on & off even when i start the car in the morning when the engine is cold. It is really noisy and irritating if you listen it from the outside.

Can any owner confirm this from his car.
Old 15th June 2013, 11:30   #1172
Senior - BHPian

For all the negative feedback I had about Dakshin Honda , this came as a surprise. I was in for my first service , when they called me for a Customer Awareness Program.

Was very informative and very helpful to all of us. There were many first time (City and Civic ) car buyers who had very basic questions.

Very informative stuff like using wipers , using AC , checking fluid levels ....

Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image4135294122.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image3022134399.jpg  

Old 15th June 2013, 11:56   #1173
Senior - BHPian

I was smiling when I entered this session , thinking I knew all, but only till I got to know that ignition timing gets altered when a vehicle is push started ! Never knew this in my 13 + years of owning a Maruti.
Old 17th June 2013, 13:07   #1174
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Just spoke to SA at Dealership in Mumbai, what I am told now is, that its mandatory now to pay for 'Extended Warranty' and 'Road Side Assistance (RSA)', which increases the price of E-MT(P) to Rs.6.25 Lacs from 6.14L, price of EX-MT(P) from Rs.6.43L to 6.58L and that of S-MT(P) from Rs.6.89L to Rs.7.09 Lacs.
Delivery periods still not known for a booking which was made on 06-Apr-13 and now this price rise on account of Ext-warranty and RSA. So much so for the goodwill which Honda Cars India was talked about. No wonder Dzire is clocking higher sales numbers.
Etios, Sail, Dzire have started to appear more lucrative now!!
Old 17th June 2013, 17:15   #1175
BHPian

Keeping this inordinate delay in delivery from Honda, especially the Petrol, having second thoughts and really getting inclined towards Dzire VXi; I thought of comparing Dzire VXI which has no waiting period now with Amaze S-MT(P):

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-compare.jpg

Didn’t compare Dzire VXi with Amaze EX-MT(P) only because there seems to be mismatch in terms of offering of features.
Now why would someone like me who is looking for a Petrol entry level sedan, with no delivery of Amaze in sight, wait for it (Amaze (P)) which is not only short on features but also high on COST! The only shortcoming of Dzire is its ugly boot.
Really looking for comments from our experts here.

Experts, especially the owners of Dzire(Petrol), please throw some light on maintenance costs involved in above two models. Will Dzire (Petrol) be more expensive to maintain when compared to Amaze-S-MT (iVTEC)?

Can't edit my earlier post, hence this quick post.
Requesting GTO to please comment as he is the one who reviewed new Dzire in Feb-12and Amaze as well. Please share your views on Amaze(P) Vs Dzire(P) - both mid variants; would personally help me a lot.

Last edited by GTO : 18th June 2013 at 09:37. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 18th June 2013, 10:43   #1176
BANNED

@amitksvs; The selection of a car cannot be just done with the spec sheet. There is more to it. However, the spec sheet is an important input. So I leave it at that. Having used a plethora of Marutis, Hyundais and now with two Hondas I will not like to go back to either of those or for that matter my even earlier brands,
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 10:57   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitksvs View Post
Keeping this inordinate delay in delivery from Honda, especially the Petrol, having second thoughts and really getting inclined towards Dzire VXi; I thought of comparing Dzire VXI which has no waiting period now with Amaze S-MT(P) ...
I agree with @sgiitk. Honda engines take away the cake. While comparing the features, I would also compare the engines. The iVTEC is a gem of an engine. Not that the Dzire has a inferior engine per se; it's how smooth, silent and refined the Honda engine is. This comes from first hand experience.

We have owned the Honda City in the past and currently own the Jazz and the Civic. I would vote 100% for the Amaze AND stress the fact that you really can't go wrong with Honda engines.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 18th June 2013 at 10:58.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 11:09   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Got delivery of Amaze VX-mt petrol on Sunday from Dakshin Honda.

Opted for insurance from outside and took royal sundaram zero depreciation cover with windshield glass option also said no to essential kit from Honda (cover + mats) so saved around 9k rupees almost offsetting price hike.

Got just one key with remote amaze has second generation immobiliser with rollover keycode so car can not be started with duplicate key made outside. The other key provided is normal just to enable entry in cabin. I scanned the QR code with key number in my phone it is needed for ordering duplicates fron honda.

So folks opt for insurance coverage with key recovery option.

Last edited by amitk26 : 18th June 2013 at 11:14.
amitk26 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 12:49   #1179
BHPian

@sgiitk, would you kindly give me a few bits on comparison between Honda's 1.2 lit iVTEC, Suzuki's 1.2lit VVT and Chevrolet's 1.2lit SMARTECH-II, please.
Yes I appreciate the finesse of Honda's engines, which made me wait and defer my purchase by good 6 months so far and Honda is still not even mentioning the tentative delivery date inspite of multiple requests through emails, but looking at equipment on offer in Dzire (VXI) and for the comparison sake with Sail (Sedan) at the respective offered prices, I am having second thoughts and hell of a dilemma. Please share your views.
@9thsphinx, request your comments too.
Old 18th June 2013, 14:00   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Got delivery of Amaze VX-mt petrol on Sunday from Dakshin Honda.

Opted for insurance from outside and took royal sundaram zero depreciation cover with windshield glass option also said no to essential kit from Honda (cover + mats) so saved around 9k rupees almost offsetting price hike.

Got just one key with remote amaze has second generation immobiliser with rollover keycode so car can not be started with duplicate key made outside. The other key provided is normal just to enable entry in cabin. I scanned the QR code with key number in my phone it is needed for ordering duplicates fron honda.

So folks opt for insurance coverage with key recovery option.
Congratulations on getting your Amaze. Wish you many miles and smiles with your new ride .

Could you please share, if you don't mind, how much you had to shell out for the insurance with zero dep? I paid about Rs 18k for the insurance + Rs 4 k for the zero dep for my S MT (P)!

Could you please also share how you scanned the QR code with key number? Where can I find the QR code?

Thanks!
Old 18th June 2013, 15:13   #1181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
Congratulations on getting your Amaze. Wish you many miles and smiles with your new ride .

Could you please share, if you don't mind, how much you had to shell out for the insurance with zero dep? I paid about Rs 18k for the insurance + Rs 4 k for the zero dep for my S MT (P)!

Could you please also share how you scanned the QR code with key number? Where can I find the QR code?

Thanks!
paid 19146 for everything including depriciation waver , windshield and return to IDV.
The keyset I got had 2 Keys and a paper tag attached with key number on it this tag had a QR code with Key information.
In case some one loses remote key then this number needs to be quoted for ordering a duplicate.
Old 18th June 2013, 15:53   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitksvs View Post
@sgiitk, would you kindly give me a few bits on comparison between Honda's 1.2 lit iVTEC, Suzuki's 1.2lit VVT and Chevrolet's 1.2lit SMARTECH-II, please.
Talking about engines I would say the engines are quite evenly matched with comparable level of performance. Ivtec 1.2 is in Brio is quite free revving and has got a good overall balance of power and fuel efficiency.
K series in dzire is no push over either. It has slight lack of initial response but in terms of refinement it is actually little better than Honda!
Just like the ivtec it loves revs and has got respectable level of performance.

I would say both engines are at par. Chevy's Beat based smartec engine I feel wont be as peppy or smooth.

So it boils down to what your other requirements are.
For space and Honda status, Amaze scores.
For interior finesse and Maruti widespread network, dzire clicks.
Turbokick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 16:41   #1183
Senior - BHPian

Couple of points about interiors of Amaze , Few days back here there was some discussion on this thread about Mahindra Vibe

I actually travelled in a Mahindra Verito ( not vibe ) from Delhi to Roorkee and back in May end and now used Amaze for 2 days. Prior to this my only other experience with Verito was while travelling in Airport taxis.

My observations.

1. Verito has wider rear bench so perfect for taxi operators but the leg room and head room is poorer compared to Amaze. It does not affact much in shorter drives 40-50 Km to Airport but for longer drive spanning 4-5 hours leg space becomes important.

2. I could not find many faults with Amaze interior quality ( may be low level of expectations) but it is miles ahead of anything which Mahindra offers. In isolation also plastic quality is not bad just that the dashboard design is quirkey.

So to sum it up for a family of 4 Amaze is more spacious as leg room and head room is better where as for taxi where you need to squeez an extra person at rear verito fits the bill
Old 18th June 2013, 16:49   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Hi @amitksvs

Have you considered the notorious weak brakes on lower Swift/ Dzire models? My friend has a Dzire & is not happy with the brakes, sort of just passing days with the car that ran just 5K kms in 1 year & drives his older Wagon-R more.

Moreover, many Maruti-Suzuki customers, especially those bigger cities, are now complaining that service costs are rising gradually & alarmingly.

I would suggest even you have to wait a bit, the Amaze is not a bad choice, if only the dash design could be better.

Best of Luck
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 18:48   #1185
Senior - BHPian

I paid 28K INR for my VX D insurance. I was travelling immediately after the booking , hence couldn't do much.

About the car, having driven the DZire extensively in the last 1.5 years , I am glad I opted for the Amaze.

But the dealer experience has been really disappointing. Having owned a Zen , Lancer and a 2010 City and given my experience with these dealers , I would say Dakshin Honda ranks lowest. Just back from the first service , I got the car back with soiled seats , dirty windshield and wheel rims. I did get this sorted out immediately , but this isn't something you expect when service your car for the first time !

I decided to fit window visors for which I was quoted 4K INR. Unfortunately for the dealers , I got hold of the price tag on the box which said 2766 INR. When I spoke about this to the Operations Manager at DH , initially she said 4 K is including installation charges and that prices have gone up now. It's only when I showed her the pic that I had taken , did she start saying there must have been a confusion with the Civic price list. And that the actual price is 3 K

Later on they said they would charge me 2% if I made a card payment saying its company policy. I said I would make the payment , but would mail the same to Honda. Like all things here in our country , it's only threats like this that work. She started apologising saying it was mistake in communication and that they wouldn't charge me anything additional. She also begged with me on not emailing this " small issue " to Honda.

The final bill that I got just says card payment. There is no mention of any window visor.

Anyways I have emailed the same to Honda and they have replied back copying the dealers asking for explanation.

And , this was the last I ever entered DH. Also , we immediately cancelled our plans for a Brio Automatic and booked an i10 auto instead.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image1308269093.jpg  

Last edited by Vid6639 : 18th June 2013 at 21:34. Reason: removed pic as requested
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks