Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2013, 18:15   #1336
BHPian

No actually I did not drive it above 80 . As the engine was not run in . In any case I rarely drive above 100 . On highways that is and never above 60 to 80 in the city .
Old 31st July 2013, 13:22   #1337
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Honda to reduce the waiting period of Amaze by at least two months.

To meet demands and reduce the time customers have to wait for, the carmaker has announced that it’ll introduce an additional shift at its Greater Noida facility – where it claims to produce around 440 cars daily – November onwards.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/351...roduction.aspx
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:15   #1338
BHPian

So production cars are coming with Goodyear tyres, right?
Old 2nd August 2013, 16:03   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Production Amaze comes with Goodyear 175/65 R14 and not MRF ZVTV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shwetanshu View Post
So production cars are coming with Goodyear tyres, right?
Amaze comes with either MRF or Goodyear tyres. For instance, in my case, I was hoping to get Goodyear, but ended up getting MRF. The dealer insisted that he doesn't have any say. All you can do if you get a different set of stock tyres is to wait for the next car (same trim, colour, etc.) with the desired tyres to land up at the dealer's-if the wait is acceptable, that is.
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 16:49   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
Amaze comes with either MRF or Goodyear tyres. For instance, in my case, I was hoping to get Goodyear, but ended up getting MRF. The dealer insisted that he doesn't have any say. All you can do if you get a different set of stock tyres is to wait for the next car (same trim, colour, etc.) with the desired tyres to land up at the dealer's-if the wait is acceptable, that is.
Hmm Thanks for the reply. I have booked my Amaze VX MT Petrol at Prime Honda in Vaishali, Ghaziabad. Color my sister knows because she booked it. I will ask dealer next weekend about tyres when i will be in Delhi.

Also, do you feel any lag over a speed breaker when accelerating? I did feel it in TD.
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:13   #1341
BHPian

Amaze rocks the sales charts in July.

I quote from the article in Indian autos blog [http://indianautosblog.com/2013/08/honda-amaze-highest-sales-renault-duster-lowest-sales-90150]

" The official new car sales figures for the month of July 2013 are out. And as it turns out, the Honda Amaze has witnessed its sales peak during this month.
Honda Cars India has sold 6,515 units of the Amaze during July 2013. This is even higher than the month of May 2013, where Honda saw sales of the Amaze touch 6,036 units. We would have assumed that sales of the Amaze would have seen a dip given that the Ford EcoSport, another sub 4 meter contender, was launched at a shocker price of INR 5.59 lakhs."
Old 2nd August 2013, 18:50   #1342
BHPian

People, I've been thinking of getting "X2" alloys for my upcoming Amaze SMT diesel. Apparently X2 alloys are the most economical in the market and have some pretty decent designs as well. Check out:

http://www.changemytyre.com/Brand/X2/AlloyWheels/Car/21

What's your say? Are they reliable?
Old 2nd August 2013, 22:30   #1343
BHPian

Any idea how much does the alloy wheel cost in case i want to have my spare replaced with that?
Old 3rd August 2013, 11:10   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Mine came with Goodyear . Diesel Vmt 25 jul delivery Mumbai .
Old 4th August 2013, 01:32   #1345
BHPian

Quote:

Hmm Thanks for the reply. I have booked my Amaze VX MT Petrol at Prime Honda in Vaishali, Ghaziabad. Color my sister knows because she booked it. I will ask dealer next weekend about tyres when i will be in Delhi.

Also, do you feel any lag over a speed breaker when accelerating? I did feel it in TD.
Congrats on your booking!

Yes, I do wish my i-VTEC had more grunt especially in 2nd gear. As you've rightly said, the need is especially felt when pulling in 2nd gear after a speed breaker!
Old 5th August 2013, 12:48   #1346
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your booking!

Yes, I do wish my i-VTEC had more grunt especially in 2nd gear. As you've rightly said, the need is especially felt when pulling in 2nd gear after a speed breaker!
Ohk. Update here if anything improves after first service. I faced a similar thing in mid ranges in Spark, i told service center guys and there was improvement in it after that.
Old 5th August 2013, 18:15   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Ohk. Update here if anything improves after first service. I faced a similar thing in mid ranges in Spark, i told service center guys and there was improvement in it after that.
Sure, I will. The 1st and 3rd month service were more of check ups and not actual servicing.

A little O.T., but interesting to note that you too had the Spark earlier and now the Amaze.
Old 5th August 2013, 18:37   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Sure, I will. The 1st and 3rd month service were more of check ups and not actual servicing.

A little O.T., but interesting to note that you too had the Spark earlier and now the Amaze.
Will still be keeping Spark, selling off 10 year old Zen
Old 6th August 2013, 15:36   #1349
BHPian

Quote:

So its not just me may be there is something between Spark and Amaze. I test drove a Honda Amaze (Diesel) over the weekend and for some reasons I couldn't stop comparing/relating it to the Spark, which was my first car in 2008.
Old 6th August 2013, 17:19   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranxter View Post
So its not just me may be there is something between Spark and Amaze. I test drove a Honda Amaze (Diesel) over the weekend and for some reasons I couldn't stop comparing/relating it to the Spark, which was my first car in 2008.
Guess most of the spark owners are interested in Amaze

@TopGear what is the average that you are getting with amaze?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks