Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2013, 19:09   #1396
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Its like asking a 5000 CC car to be fuel efficient at the same time
In India, you have to frighten the people's in & out to get them out of the way; of course while staying 'into' the legal limits. Pleasant and Still working don't go hand to hand.
The air horns ( the plain "Peee" sound one, not the musical one ) always sound pleasant for the people sitting inside the vehicle. And at the same time, it will alert the people outside. I used to have it on my Esteem and Zen and switch it on during my highway drives. On normal drives, I use spiral horns or the stock horns.

The stebel compact airhorns are my favourite.

But, air horns do have a few disadvantages as well.
  1. They don't last long and are very sensitive to water while you wash the car
  2. They are illegal
  3. It's harder to find a place inside your hood to fit it due to their unavoidable bulky design
  4. It's more demanding on your car battery

Last edited by Eddy : 17th August 2013 at 12:30.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 01:13   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
The air horns ( the plain "Peee" sound one, not the musical one ) always sound pleasant for the people sitting inside the vehicle. And at the same time, it will alert the people outside.
Do you by any chance know the current market rate of the horn?
Old 18th August 2013, 01:22   #1398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Do you by any chance know the current market rate of the horn?
It was around 900 or so 2 years back ( if my memory is correct ).
Old 18th August 2013, 20:34   #1399
BHPian

Guys planning to change things in Honda Amaze, please do it from authorised dealers and use authorised parts only. Any part changes to delivered car will result in voiding of warranty. Confirmed with dealer. Even for the music system/speakers/tyres, ANY CHANGES will COMPLETELY VOID YOUR WARRANTY
Old 19th August 2013, 14:45   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwetanshu View Post
Guys planning to change things in Honda Amaze, please do it from authorised dealers and use authorised parts only. Any part changes to delivered car will result in voiding of warranty. Confirmed with dealer. Even for the music system/speakers/tyres, ANY CHANGES will COMPLETELY VOID YOUR WARRANTY
You are right shwetanshu. But the only confusion is that different dealers provide different information regarding warranty issues. My dealer said that it is OK to change anything in the car, but the labor work must be done @ dealership only.

Some dealers @ Bangalore said that they would allow only the products available at the dealer or else it would void warranty.
Old 19th August 2013, 15:00   #1401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwetanshu View Post
Can't name the dealer , but was told warranty decisions arising from tire / headlight upgrades are usually at the dealers discretion. It seems Honda will go by the dealers advise. So all depends on your relationship with the dealer
Old 19th August 2013, 15:01   #1402
BANNED

Any idea about the Honda accessories, and prices thereof. Also, how is the rear visibility, i.e. are reversing sensors / camera required.
Old 19th August 2013, 15:21   #1403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Any idea about the Honda accessories, and prices thereof. Also, how is the rear visibility, i.e. are reversing sensors / camera required.
I have fitted window visors which are definitely helpful. Attaching a pic of the same

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image1443428754.jpg

Dakshin Honda quoted 4 K INR for the same , but I asked for the box and saw it was 2800 INR including all taxes. So the trick is to ask for the box of whatever Honda genuine accessory you fitting.

Reverse camera and sensors aren't needed. Honda doesn't have this as part of OE accessory , hence you can't do much but agree to whatever the dealer says.
Old 19th August 2013, 17:11   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
Sir I have the amaze vmt diesel. I have not installed reverse sensors but view through the rear windshield is very limited . It will be better to install the reverse sensors.
Old 19th August 2013, 17:54   #1405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
But its not a Maruti Suzuki!
Hi Guys

I bought my Amaze VX AT (Petrol) mainly for this reason (that its not a MS).

May be people will think of me as a fool for not wanting to be part of the crowd.

So far happy with the buy.

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 19th August 2013, 18:06   #1406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Dakshin Honda quoted 4 K INR for the same , but I asked for the box and saw it was 2800 INR including all taxes. So the trick is to ask for the box of whatever Honda genuine accessory you fitting.
But why would they want to do it that ways? They will have to give you a boxed piece either ways right, and they will have to provide a bill for it as well.
Or is this daylight robbery?
Old 19th August 2013, 18:14   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post

Sir I have the amaze vmt diesel. I have not installed reverse sensors but view through the rear windshield is very limited . It will be better to install the reverse sensors.
The rear view is limited. But not that much.
I have installed non camera sensors(4). Cost 5.5k
Camera one's cost is 9.5k
There are visors , chrome finishing. All of them are overpriced.
Illuminated step garnish costs 7.2k
Old 19th August 2013, 18:17   #1408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reversing sensors or camera are not required. Also as per my prior experience with sensors + camera on safari they have more of nuisance value rather then any real world use.

Few accessories I would recommend are

1. Rain visors as speedsatya mentioned preferably get them outside they cost around 1800 Rs with fitting in open market,

2. Mobile phone charger

3. Window screen roller shades

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Sunup-Brand-C...#ht_1707wt_700

4. Star 3D car mats.
http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_...r_mats_106.htm
Old 19th August 2013, 19:38   #1409

Came across this informative article in Autocar August edition on relative cost of spares ... only thing they have not linked it to frequency of replacement !
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-img_20130818_210645-copy.jpg  

Old 19th August 2013, 21:12   #1410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post

But why would they want to do it that ways? They will have to give you a boxed piece either ways right, and they will have to provide a bill for it as well.
Or is this daylight robbery?
How many times do we ask for the box of a part ? They have this price list for accessories and most of us go by whatever is mentioned. Initially they said this sticker was from an old stock. How "old" can stock be for a newly launched car in its first month of existence ? Only a threat of an email to Honda with a pic of the price tag and the their price list made them accept there was some mistake.

Most Viewed