Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2013, 23:02   #1426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
I would like fellow members' thoughts on the the 'ideal' speed/rpm levels for each gear change in the Amaze petrol as well as diesel? Of course, there would be an optimum level from a fuel efficiency perspective and then you could rev her hard when you want that rush of adrenaline.

I would really like to understand this from a technical perspective, though over the years we do tend to develop a 'feel' for it.

@sgiitk, perhaps you could also share your thoughts/technical views especially since you are familiar with the brio.

Thank you!
It's usually between 1500-2000 rpm in the diesel Amaze that I change up the order. In the diesel Dzire it's different because of turbo lag below 2000rpm.

More than the green economy light , it's the FE indicator that helps me keep a check on my driving.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 19:44   #1427

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Took a test drive of Amaze S model as the dealer Prime Honda was asking me to deposit the balance amount , in respect of top model Amaze,which was due for delivery. The car surpassed my expectations in acceleration,ride,steering response, etc. It did not scrap any speed beaker or hit tarmac despite being driven on uneven potholed road. I was almost sold to Amaze and was about to handover the cheque for balance amount.

But I decided to do one last test,simulating real life conditions, which I might encounter in future,if I bought the car. When the car speedometer showed that the car was cruising at about 50 kmh, I suddenly applied full brakes. The car loudly protested,jerked and jerked,squealed a lot. With this, my dream of owning Amaze simply faded. I cancelled the booking and asked for refund.
Old 21st August 2013, 20:26   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
It's usually between 1500-2000 rpm in the diesel Amaze that I change up the order. In the diesel Dzire it's different because of turbo lag below 2000rpm.

More than the green economy light , it's the FE indicator that helps me keep a check on my driving.
Thanks speedsatya, I too try and keep the revs below 2k, though I am not sure that is the right mark for the petrol engine.
Old 21st August 2013, 21:29   #1429
BHPian

Hi All,

I need to get the following mods for my Amaze i-DTEC 'S' desperately:
1. Alloys (Same size i.e 14")
2. Touchscreen 2-DIN HU (Sony XAV-601BT already purchased)
3. Parking assists (Sensors/Camera/Both)
4. Better horn (Not necessarily dual, but louder one)
Magnum Honda at Kanakpura road quoted a whopping 36K for a set of 4 alloys of VX model. Now I'm afraid to even make inquiry for other things. Is there anyone out there who has managed to get all these mods for their S-MT from the Aftermarket without getting into warranty trouble from Honda?

Appreciate any response, especially from people who have bought from the same dealer (Magnum Honda Kanakpura Road).
Any tips on how to convince the dealer for aftermarket components would greatly help.

Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 13:26   #1430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ary10 View Post
But I decided to do one last test,simulating real life conditions, which I might encounter in future,if I bought the car. When the car speedometer showed that the car was cruising at about 50 kmh, I suddenly applied full brakes. The car loudly protested,jerked and jerked,squealed a lot. With this, my dream of owning Amaze simply faded. I cancelled the booking and asked for refund.
I believe it could be because of rains, that have caused the water to form a thin layer of rust alongwith with grime on the disc pads of the test drive car. Even I am experiencing the same in my 10 years old car. When I brake suddenly, it sounds as if rough metal plates are being rubbed against each other. However, had you tried it more times, IMO this would not have recurred, or in dry season.
Old 22nd August 2013, 13:32   #1431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
When I brake suddenly, it sounds as if rough metal plates are being rubbed against each other. However, had you tried it more times, IMO this would not have recurred, or in dry season.
Also, it will not be a bad idea to get the brake pads checked. Worn out pads can also make that sound, apart from what you wrote as well. In turn they can damage the rotors & discs.

PS: I too experience that sound during the first few brake applications after a day or two of leaving the car idle.
Old 22nd August 2013, 13:59   #1432
BHPian

Quote:
Having driven a petrol Amaze for more than 3 months now, I can emphatically say that the brakes of the Amaze are extremely good. The brakes instil a lot of confidence when I am driving. It could be a problem with that particular demo car.

Since you otherwise liked the car so much, why not check out another Amaze, perhaps at another dealership?
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:17   #1433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What else do you expect when you stand on brakes ? I have driven close to 4500 kms now in 3 months ,I have no issues with the braking.
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:27   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
But I decided to do one last test,simulating real life conditions, which I might encounter in future,if I bought the car. When the car speedometer showed that the car was cruising at about 50 kmh, I suddenly applied full brakes.
Any why would you want to do this in real life? I understand the roads are full of idiots but this kind of full braking often ends in the car behind you rear ending your car. This may not count as a real life driving scenario IMO.
Also as suggested by other being a test drive car expect it to behave abnormally.
Old 22nd August 2013, 15:04   #1435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This kinda scenario happens very less in real life. However as others have suggested you should try it on another demo car.
Old 22nd August 2013, 15:38   #1436
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Huh?

You slammed on the brakes and the car started jerking? Did you press the clutch at all? Obviously the car will jerk cause the wheels are locked up and obviously the car will squeal because the tyres are locked up causing the car to skid.

Seriously, what were you expecting? Car will come to a dead stop in a couple of metres with no sound?

In an ABS car it will be even worse when you slam the brakes. The car will shudder, make a lot of strange noises, the pedal will try to kick back and the tyres will chirp cause of ABS kicking in.

Don't know what your trying to imply but the car did exactly which you tried to make it do.

Hopefully you did this on an empty road with no vehicle behind.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 15:47   #1437
Senior - BHPian

@Vid- Absolutely right explanation.

Question for the NCR people.
I went to check on my booking for Amaze yesterday and dealer informed me car is still in waiting period of 3-4 months. Can anyone else confirm this?
Old 22nd August 2013, 16:09   #1438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
Hi All,

I need to get the following mods for my Amaze i-DTEC 'S' desperately:
1. Alloys (Same size i.e 14")
2. Touchscreen 2-DIN HU (Sony XAV-601BT already purchased)
3. Parking assists (Sensors/Camera/Both)
4. Better horn (Not necessarily dual, but louder one)
Magnum Honda at Kanakpura road quoted a whopping 36K for a set of 4 alloys of VX model. Now I'm afraid to even make inquiry for other things. Is there anyone out there who has managed to get all these mods for their S-MT from the Aftermarket without getting into warranty trouble from Honda?

Appreciate any response, especially from people who have bought from the same dealer (Magnum Honda Kanakpura Road).
Any tips on how to convince the dealer for aftermarket components would greatly help.

Thanks
You don't have to convince dealer as long as you don't cut the original wiring and proper harnesses is used you can change HU outside. Refer to ICE section here.

Similarly horn is a add on component .

For alloys the after market one should have same size, width, pcd and offset.
Since Amaze does not use negative offset and wiered PCD it is farely easy to find matching alloy.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 19:08   #1439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@Vid- Absolutely right explanation.

Question for the NCR people.
I went to check on my booking for Amaze yesterday and dealer informed me car is still in waiting period of 3-4 months. Can anyone else confirm this?
In Last June, I bought it off the shelf (3 days from final payment) in Bangalore. Its a VX AT, may be that is why I got it off the shelf.

I am not sure of current waiting period thaogh - diesels I believe do have a long waiting period

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 22nd August 2013, 20:04   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post

In Last June, I bought it off the shelf (3 days from final payment) in Bangalore. Its a VX AT, may be that is why I got it off the shelf.

I am not sure of current waiting period thaogh - diesels I believe do have a long waiting period
Current waiting period in Tamil Nadu is 3 months for diesel and 2months for petrol amaze on an average and that too for white or silver Smt models only.

For other models the waiting period is at least 4 months and that too without guarantee.

Main reason behind such attitude from the dealer (Sundaram Honda from TVS group) is that, they are the only dealer for Honda cars in rest of Tamil Nadu. The only other dealership is located at Chennai known as City Honda.

Sundaram motor's take it or leave it policy is because of their monopoly in Honda dealership in Tamil Nadu.

P.S : Honda does not have enough dealership network in south Tamil Nadu and this made the customers to flock around Madurai dealer and booked a whopping 450 cars in the first month of its launch across all variants.

Even Maruti dealer at Madurai would not have got such a whelming response for any of its cars.

I guess Honda must bring in a competitor for Sundaram Honda like Hyundai.

Hyundai has 3 different dealers at Madurai. This makes the dealers treat customers as God because, if one dealer fails in treating customers, there is always 2 more dealers at service waiting for servicing your car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks