Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2013, 03:44   #1561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
I always thought AC would decrease mileage by around 2kmpl. But in my case it was different.
During my trips with AC on i generally got 18-19 max mileage.
But today weather was nice. I switched off AC and got this.

On return trip again mileage was 18.3 with AC on. I never thought difference would go up to 4-5 kmpl.
In winters I may shoot it upto 30.
Hey sky fire,

This difference of 4kmpl must be because of your driving style.

When you roll down your window, your max speed would be around 80 because of the noise and wind. But when you are on Ac, you would have cruised around 100.

I recommend driving with AC all the time. Because the dust and insects can ruin your pretty new car.
Old 17th September 2013, 10:13   #1562
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Hey sky fire,

This difference of 4kmpl must be because of your driving style.

When you roll down your window, your max speed would be around 80 because of the noise and wind. But when you are on Ac, you would have cruised around 100.

I recommend driving with AC all the time. Because the dust and insects can ruin your pretty new car.
My driving style was consistent during both trips and route was same too.
About speed, i never crossed 80 in either case because the trip was within city.
The windows were closed up to 80% so dust and insects are not a problem.
Old 17th September 2013, 16:53   #1563
BHPian

We were one of the very first diesel owners back in April. After putting about 5000 KMs on it, I'm not starting to doubt the build quality.

The car refused to shut down, after turning off the ignition and removing the key. The only way I could get it to shut down was by shifting into a gear. The issue repeated about 5 or 6 times, and after parking it for few hours, the problem went away.

There have been nagging A-Pillar and dashboard rattles that are getting worse, that the service technicians of Pride Honda, Hyd won't fix.

There were few rubber trim bumpers missing in doors, that the dealership can't get spares for, with more than few requests.

And an annoying problems, that comes of some use in few occasions, is unwanted acceleration in mostly 2nd gear. When asked, technicians tell me that it is a feature found in most cars, called auto advance? I've not really experienced such feature in over 25 years of driving, mostly overseas in a variety of cars. Is this an India special feature, designed for bumper to bumper traffic, where you only use the brake to control the speed? I remember older cars, with a higher rev setting, that let you advance slowly, but our Amaze kinda races in 2nd gear with out acceleration.

I just wanted to get an opinion or advice and to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issues?
bolbolerobol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 18:19   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolbolerobol View Post
And an annoying problems, that comes of some use in few occasions, is unwanted acceleration in mostly 2nd gear. When asked, technicians tell me that it is a feature found in most cars, called auto advance? I've not really experienced such feature in over 25 years of driving, mostly overseas in a variety of cars. Is this an India special feature, designed for bumper to bumper traffic, where you only use the brake to control the speed? I remember older cars, with a higher rev setting, that let you advance slowly, but our Amaze kinda races in 2nd gear with out acceleration.
I remember letting my brother take a test drive of my Petrol Amaze and he told me "diesel jaisi chalti hai" he was referring to the car picking up and accelerating after leaving the clutch. I think you are referring to the same thing. It's common on other cars as well but I kinda like that.
Old 17th September 2013, 18:27   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
Annoying problems, that comes of some use in few occasions, is unwanted acceleration in mostly 2nd gear.
+1 I am also facing this issue. When I talked to Service Center about this, they said that this is due to high torque in diesel cars I am going to see another service center in my next service to see if they can identify the issue. To me, the engine requires some fine tuning, thats it.
Old 17th September 2013, 19:23   #1566
BHPian

Same problem here . In 2nd gear the car leaps ahead . Not so with my indigo dicor . I am careful when I drive in second now . This causes more problems in stop and go traffic .
Old 17th September 2013, 19:31   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
We were one of the very first diesel owners back in April. After putting about 5000 KMs on it, I'm not starting to doubt the build quality.

The car refused to shut down, after turning off the ignition and removing the key. The only way I could get it to shut down was by shifting into a gear. The issue repeated about 5 or 6 times, and after parking it for few hours, the problem went away.

There have been nagging A-Pillar and dashboard rattles that are getting worse, that the service technicians of Pride Honda, Hyd won't fix.

There were few rubber trim bumpers missing in doors, that the dealership can't get spares for, with more than few requests.

I just wanted to get an opinion or advice and to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issues?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
+1 I am also facing this issue. When I talked to Service Center about this, they said that this is due to high torque in diesel cars I am going to see another service center in my next service to see if they can identify the issue. To me, the engine requires some fine tuning, thats it.
Well, that is partially due to torque but mostly because of negligible turbo lag.
If you are coming from cars like swift which have 1.3 MJD(higher turbo lag), you might feel more speed in 2nd gear.
As the review said, low end power delivery system is excellent that's why you don't require to foot on race pedal.
I, for one love this feature as i can navigate through traffic with just clutch and brake, no race pedal required.
I don't know why you think the car is speeding. This is not a tuning problem as per me. I would suggest keeping clutch a little bit pressed accordingly if you think speed is more.
Diesel cars have higher torque but torque generally acts in initial moments when car is picking up speed.
My best suggestion would be using clutch and brake in traffic as you won't need race pedal.

Last edited by skyfire2892 : 17th September 2013 at 19:33.
Old 17th September 2013, 19:38   #1568
BHPian

The in wanted acceleration in 2nd and third gear is known as turbo boost friends. Owners of other diesel cars across most segments in India are dying to have a decent boost at lower rpms.

Amaze does give you this boost because of it's flat torque curve.

Enjoy it friends.

P.S : Have any one found a solution for the NVH issues in Amaze? It is really bugging me now.
Old 17th September 2013, 19:52   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post

P.S : Have any one found a solution for the NVH issues in Amaze? It is really bugging me now.
Well the engine noise cannot be reduced. The tire noise can be reduced by upgrading tyres and providing cladding.
Old 17th September 2013, 19:59   #1570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post

Well the engine noise cannot be reduced. The tire noise can be reduced by upgrading tyres and providing cladding.
How about some damping to reduce the engine noise. I believe it can be done.
Old 17th September 2013, 20:14   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
How about some damping to reduce the engine noise. I believe it can be done.
Yes, damping can reduce noise. But damping "maybe" costly.
Again, the engine NVH is high due to all aluminium engine not due to manufacturing problems or cost cutting.
So i would recommend a good research before using dampeners.
This thread might help
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...er-thread.html
Old 17th September 2013, 21:06   #1572
BHPian

Guys I have read that the diesel amaze doesn't rev more than 2k rpm when on neutral, today I tried for the first time and it easily went till 3.5 k rpm easily. I didn't go further as it has not had its first service yet. Just clocked 150km in the odo..
And a problem which i have noted is that there is a specific part in the engine bay which is rusted. Didnt check till now as its a new vehicle. Ill upload the pic shortly.

Last edited by AB@TVMBHP : 17th September 2013 at 21:32.
Old 17th September 2013, 22:03   #1573
BHPian

The particular part in the engine bay is rusted. Is it normal or should i ask to replace the part? as its only been a week since i had taken delivery..
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-20130917_214126.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-20130917_214152.jpg  

Old 18th September 2013, 00:09   #1574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB@TVMBHP View Post
The particular part in the engine bay is rusted. Is it normal or should i ask to replace the part? as its only been a week since i had taken delivery..
I guess that has some thing to do with the heat absorption material made of sand primarily.

Let me check it in my car and let you know as soon as possible.

My parking lot is under construction and so I have parked my car @ my factory.

So, I have not done any research on my car till today.

Your post scares me and would check my car first thing in the morning...
amazingGuru67 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 00:47   #1575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB@TVMBHP View Post
I have the same issue in my vxmt diesel . Got my car july 25 . Driven less than 500 kms .Will bring it up in my next service .
anky is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks