Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2013, 01:32   #1621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Although it should have been mentioned in specifications but do you know if amaze has Speed Sensing volume control. I'm inclined to believe this because some times i "feel" that volume is increasing with speed(i could be wrong).
Moreover both Jazz and City have this feature. Can anyone confirm this?
Nope. Amaze does not have speed sensing volume control. Not in my knowledge at least. Have driven around 1000 km and never sensed the volume increase or decrease.
amazingGuru67 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 06:03   #1622
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Have you gone for it?
Is it really necessary for cars that are in hill stations and less water prone areas?
I had it done in my Honda City in 2009. I was charged around 4.5K at that time. Its like black coating on the underbody and areas prone for rust formation. It just served the purpose. Now i am in Kerala where the last 4 months was a heavy monsoon period. Recently when i went for a car wash, I found the black coating has gone off at certain places in the underbody. Since rusting is a slow process and everytime you cant check each and every corner in your car i would recommend you to go for it.
Old 25th September 2013, 10:59   #1623
BHPian

This is a little bit OT but do you guys use exterior and interior cleaners?
If yes could you tell me some? (name or ebay/flipkart link)
Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 12:41   #1624
BHPian

Does anybody know why there is difference in the premium of Amaze and Ecosport. Ecosport (third party) insurance costs 18k and Amaze from outside costs around 20k (same as dealer).

Ecosport insurance from dealer costs 36k something though
Old 25th September 2013, 16:37   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwetanshu View Post
Does anybody know why there is difference in the premium of Amaze and Ecosport. Ecosport (third party) insurance costs 18k and Amaze from outside costs around 20k (same as dealer).

Ecosport insurance from dealer costs 36k something though
I got my insurance from my dealer for 24k bumper to bumper insurance and the zero depreciation included.
This difference in policies are not thoroughly explained by the dealers or the insurance sales assistants.
This is the reason why the cost differs.
Old 25th September 2013, 16:45   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks
As for as the exterior is concerned, use vim liquid gel used for cleaning utensils which costs Rs. 20 per packet. A few drops is enough for cleaning an entire car.

It sounds funny, but trust me. It is safe and cheap too.

Try once an you will see the difference. Mix a couple of drops into a bucket full of water and stir it well till it foams good.

Use a sponge to wipe the car and pressure clean the exteriors well with clean water.

Try using water with less salt content.
amazingGuru67 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 16:50   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
As for as the exterior is concerned, use vim liquid gel used for cleaning utensils which costs Rs. 20 per packet. A few drops is enough for cleaning an entire car.

It sounds funny, but trust me. It is safe and cheap too.
Well, that's new to me and will try for sure. I have been using Clinic Plus shampoo pouches for long as car shampoo. They worked as good as any other car shampoo for me.

As suggested by another BHPian, I used toothpaste to clean windshield of my car last week and it worked better than those expensive glass care products.
Old 25th September 2013, 16:53   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post

Well, that's new to me and will try for sure. I have been using Clinic Plus shampoo pouches for long as car shampoo. They worked as good as any other car shampoo for me.

As suggested by another BHPian, I used toothpaste to clean windshield of my car last week and it worked better than those expensive glass care products.
Which toothpaste did u use?
Any particular brand or flavors on specific?
Old 25th September 2013, 18:20   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
colgate does the trick for me. I try to avoid gel toothpaste. Someone here had only suggested that
Old 25th September 2013, 23:53   #1630
BHPian

Quote:

I used plain simple Colgate, no fancy gel or any thing. Just rub it with your hands and wash off after 10 mins. Results were fantastic in my view.
Old 26th September 2013, 09:33   #1631
BANNED

Quote:
Any white toothpaste (not gel will do). The reason is that the paste contains fine Gypsum powder!
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 12:54   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks
I use SONAX Gloss Concentrate for car wash and Eagle-One Gel wax. I use microfibre cloth for washing and a SONAX synthetic chamois for drying (makes drying the car very easy).
Have been using this combo for a long time on my dad's old Ford IKON and I'm really very happy with the results I get. I wax the car once in 2 months. However I have never waxed my Amaze since it's brand new.

Toothpaste for glass is new to me. I usually polish the windshield using fine steel wool and apply Formula1 glass cleaner with rain repeller. Works fab.
amazer2013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 06:28   #1633
BHPian

Test drove the diesel Amaze yesterday, boy it's a noisy car. I just couldn't enjoy the drive because of the noise. To be frank especially when you accelerate it sounded like a city bus and don't even ask me about the shudder that one experiences when you switch of and switch on the engine. My colleague couldn't believe that this was happening in a Honda. The dashboard is another turn off, no wonder people are flocking to Ecosport. After the initial response, I don't think there would be many takers for this car, if Honda do not address these issues. Hope Honda is watching this thread
Old 28th September 2013, 06:30   #1634
BHPian

Hey friends, I got my car serviced yesterday. Service bill nill.

I got 3M under body coating for Rs. 3700.

Will never know weather it is worth or not.

By the way, the rusty part in the engine bay is common across all cars. Its an alloy metal used for heat absorption.
Old 28th September 2013, 09:54   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Test drove the diesel Amaze yesterday, boy it's a noisy car. I just couldn't enjoy the drive because of the noise. To be frank especially when you accelerate it sounded like a city bus and don't even ask me about the shudder that one experiences when you switch of and switch on the engine. My colleague couldn't believe that this was happening in a Honda. The dashboard is another turn off, no wonder people are flocking to Ecosport. After the initial response, I don't think there would be many takers for this car, if Honda do not address these issues. Hope Honda is watching this thread
Agree with you Sir ! . But when I was in the market to buy an entry level sedan I too test drove the swift Dzire . I loved the dashboard and the Auto climate control . But then I sat in the amaze and looked beyond this and saw the amount of rear seat space compared to the dzire and the non clausterphobhic windows I was almost sold on it . When I test drove the car and felt the 100 ps and 200 nm torque and linear power delivery with no turbo lag and kick (I have an Indigo dicor so I understand what turbo lag and kick mean .) I did not think further and bought the diesel car . Also I found that although both generations of swifts were beautiful , the current and previous dzires were equally ugly . I cannot bear to sit inside a car that I find looks ugly . No offence here as looks are highly subjective . PS I too dislike the dash of the amaze and I too feel the engine is a bit noisy .
anky is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks