re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
To be frank especially when you accelerate it sounded like a city bus
Bus?
I think that's a exaggeration.

Quote:
After the initial response, I don't think there would be many takers for this car
I'll refer you to see T-BHP's monthly sales analysis.
April- 4852
May- 6,036
June- 4965
July- 6515
August- 6242

Even now waiting periods are going up to 2 months. So i guess there are takers for this car who consider space and performance as priority!

I sincerely hope you look over other positive features which the car is offering!
Old 28th September 2013, 11:30   #1637
BHPian

It's just my observation and that's how I felt when I accelerated briskly. My colleague also vouched for the same. The rep promised a delivery within 1 month for the mid version. Again we all know about these guys and have to take it with a pinch of salt. Again no offence meant, but this car in its current state is definitely a No No for me. But I do agree with the linear power delivery with no turbo lag and kick. Almost felt like a petrol. Even the rear space is admirable but everything is spoilt by the noisy engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Bus?

April- 4852
May- 6,036
June- 4965
July- 6515
August- 6242

Even now waiting periods are going up to 2 months. So i guess there are takers for this car who consider space and performance as priority!

I sincerely hope you look over other positive features which the car is offering!

Last edited by Chillout : 28th September 2013 at 11:33.
Old 28th September 2013, 11:52   #1638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Test drove the diesel Amaze yesterday, boy it's a noisy car. I just couldn't enjoy the drive because of the noise. To be frank especially when you accelerate it sounded like a city bus and don't even ask me about the shudder that one experiences when you switch of and switch on the engine. My colleague couldn't believe that this was happening in a Honda. The dashboard is another turn off, no wonder people are flocking to Ecosport. After the initial response, I don't think there would be many takers for this car, if Honda do not address these issues. Hope Honda is watching this thread
I wouldn't find fault with you for saying its noisy or the dashboard doesn't "look" Honda. We hve all seen super smooth petrol engines from Honda and hence were expecting something similar.

I remember mentioning in some other thread before the amaze launch that this looks ugly ! We went to the dealership to book a City V and ended up buying the Amaze D VX !

The DZire was te only diesel car that I had extensively driven till now. All others have been petrol cars - some of the best petrol engined cars on this side of 10 L INR

But trust me , not because I drive an Amaze , 6000 kms done , I have really started liking this car. The FE , city driveability , pickup , rear legroom , seating ( everything that I criticised in the first 500 kms ) are just superb !

Yes , there are some negatives also. The dashboard looks cheap , the engine gives a massive judder before shutting down , panel gaps , poor fit n finish and a few rattles here n there ( some of which were rectified in the first service ). The anti-stall feature takes time to get used to as the revvs just shoot up if rpms drop below 800rpm, which makes it difficult at times to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. 150 kph speedo top speed , has smaller cars at times overtake you , but then who drives at such high speeds always.

Having said all that , if you are looking for a superb city driven car with occasional highway drives and a small family , this diesel is the one to look at. The Etios is another car that I really love
speedsatya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 22:10   #1639

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Bus?

April- 4852
May- 6,036
June- 4965
July- 6515
August- 6242

Any idea what are the waiting periods given by dealers in Mumbai ? are there any dealer-specific experiences for Mumbai while booking and waiting for the Honda Amaze? 2nd seat spacing is what i liked in this car when compared to the Swift Dzire. even with the front seat fully pushed back, there was good leg space for the 2nd seat person.
Old 29th September 2013, 09:59   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by user50 View Post
Any idea what are the waiting periods given by dealers in Mumbai ? are there any dealer-specific experiences for Mumbai while booking and waiting for the Honda Amaze? 2nd seat spacing is what i liked in this car when compared to the Swift Dzire. even with the front seat fully pushed back, there was good leg space for the 2nd seat person.
I'm from Delhi so can't comment about mumbai dealerships. The waiting period depends on model and color too. Carnelian red has more waiting period as i've heard from fellow bhpians.
Moreover honda is starting a third shift in noida plant in November specifically for Amaze, so waiting periods are bound to come down. But then again diwali festive season might see more bookings than earlier months!
Old 29th September 2013, 15:23   #1641
BHPian

Does anyone have any idea about this:

I am in bangalore. I am buying car for my parents in Delhi. I have not told them. And i have not told the SA also about me not being there. Its in my name because of loans and stuff. So is it possible for someone else to take a delivery on my behalf if i provide the undertaking for the same.

I have not told the SA because he might delay my delivery. I just got the confirmation for my car to be delivered on 16th October. Dealer is in vaishali, prime honda.

Please to help! Also any idea how much would i get for 10 year old zen if i have it exchanged?
Old 29th September 2013, 19:17   #1642
BHPian

When my dad bought a car I went to take delivery . He gave a signed paper authorising me to take delivery . This was in 1996 . Now back to today . I exchanged my alto 2004 lxi with honda for a new vxmt diesel amaze . They paid me 80 k for it . Adjusted it in the final price . Hope this helps you .
anky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 16:59   #1643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwetanshu View Post
Does anyone have any idea about this:

I am in bangalore. I am buying car for my parents in Delhi. I have not told them. And i have not told the SA also about me not being there. Its in my name because of loans and stuff. So is it possible for someone else to take a delivery on my behalf if i provide the undertaking for the same.

I have not told the SA because he might delay my delivery. I just got the confirmation for my car to be delivered on 16th October. Dealer is in vaishali, prime honda.

Please to help! Also any idea how much would i get for 10 year old zen if i have it exchanged?
Hi Shwetanshu, IMO, you'll get a much better price for your car if you put it up on T-BHP classifieds. I personally got about 50% more from an informed buyer on Team-BHP than what dealers, including my Honda dealer were willing to give me!!!

Three cheers for Team-BHP Classifieds!
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 21:23   #1644
BHPian

Hey people,

I upgraded the HU of my Amaze to a Sony XAV 601BT. I even got parking assist
with camera installed.

HU purchased online from Snapdeal for 22990, installation done by EVO, Bangalore.

Here are some of the pictures:

Mirror function:

HU turned into google navigation using Mirror function

Please feel free to comment - Positive/Negative ;P
Old 30th September 2013, 21:34   #1645
BHPian

What about warranty ? Did you upgrade speakers too . I find the stock ones are weak . What about steering mounted audio ? Can it be used with the new unit ?
Old 30th September 2013, 22:48   #1646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
What about warranty ? Did you upgrade speakers too . I find the stock ones are weak . What about steering mounted audio ? Can it be used with the new unit ?
No wires cut, so no problem with warranty.
No I didn't upgrade speaker. However I plan to upgrade them in the future.
I have installed a "steering control interface" device, which enables using the steering mounted controls with aftermarket hu
amazer2013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 22:54   #1647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post

No wires cut, so no problem with warranty.
No I didn't upgrade speaker. However I plan to upgrade them in the future.
I have installed a "steering control interface" device, which enables using the steering mounted controls with aftermarket hu
Can't see photos.
Try re-uploading.
Old 30th September 2013, 22:54   #1648
BHPian

What is this steering control interface device ? Please explain . Any web link will be helpful for this . Thank you Sir . PS even I cannot see the photographs .
Old 30th September 2013, 23:05   #1649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
What is this steering control interface device ? Please explain . Any web link will be helpful for this . Thank you Sir . PS even I cannot see the photographs .
Steering control interface (SRI), is a small circuit which sits between the steering mounted controls and the aftermarket HU. In laymen terms, main purpose of this device is to translate the signals from your steering controls to signals that is understood by the aftermarket HU. The one I have installed is from DHC India which costed me 3200 INR:
http://www.dhcindia.com/product/stee...e-interface-2/

There are some imported ones available - brands like AXXESS, PAC, etc which cost upwards from Rs.4500. They are plug-n-play devices and do not require cutting of any wires. Hope I've answered your query.

Here are the pics. I uploaded again:

Radio:
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-radio.jpg

My Sony Xperia Z desktop mirrored to the HU:
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-mirrordesktop.jpg

HU turned into google nav:
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-mirrorgooglenav.jpg
amazer2013 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 11:37   #1650
BHPian

How many of you took the delivery kit and actually found it useful?

Most Viewed