Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2013, 17:25   #1711
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze iVTEC pick up issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav Shrivas View Post
Hi Fellow BHPians,

I just purchased a Honda Amaze iVTEC from Ace Honda Noida and i found the following niggles which are disappointing.

1) The pickup is extremely low and the car almost dies at 2nd gear and as Noida is full of ill place speed breakers, it is almost impossible to move without a gear down shift. The car has not done 1000 Km as of now and still awaits the first service upon which i was assure by the SA that the pick up will improve, now i ask from the fellow BHPians, is that the case ?

2) The AC button gets real hot upon prolonged usage,SA says that its harmless and it is a problem with all Brio's and Amaze.I dnt know if i should believe him.

3) Is there any way i can soften the suspension as i find the suspension a bit too stiff for my liking.

My questions will seem a bit too noob like but kindly bear with me..
The AC button on my ANHC also gets real hot after long use and its been like that for a long time so I guess its a common Honda issue and harmless
Regarding the low pickup I think this is a iVtec characteristic which has a weak bottom end torque.
Old 23rd October 2013, 19:55   #1712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
So many people have been complaining about NVH levels inside the cabin of Amaze Diesel. But none seems to have tried/talked about using sound dampeners (Dynamat,Wurth etc) to solve this problem. Dampening the sound around the engine bay under the bonnet should help.
Won't the sound dampeners help in reducing the NVH levels at least the Noise part? Am I missing something here?
The engine has insulation so at this point sound damping wouldn't be of much use. Plus the noise is due to aluminum engine.
Talking about NVH the car doesn't sound like a truck as many may have perceived. From outside or inside you won't get much noise from engine, the only point being vibrations in cabin at high rpms.
The A pillar vibrations may occur which can be solved.
And let's face it the cars in competition are not dead silent and again it is a diesel engine not a petrol one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav Shrivas View Post
Hi Fellow BHPians,

I just purchased a Honda Amaze iVTEC from Ace Honda Noida and i found the following niggles which are disappointing.

1) The pickup is extremely low and the car almost dies at 2nd gear and as Noida is full of ill place speed breakers, it is almost impossible to move without a gear down shift. The car has not done 1000 Km as of now and still awaits the first service upon which i was assure by the SA that the pick up will improve, now i ask from the fellow BHPians, is that the case ?

2) The AC button gets real hot upon prolonged usage,SA says that its harmless and it is a problem with all Brio's and Amaze.I dnt know if i should believe him.

3) Is there any way i can soften the suspension as i find the suspension a bit too stiff for my liking.

My questions will seem a bit too noob like but kindly bear with me..
The low end torque is less but petrol cars require you to downshift a lot, coming from personal experience.
AC button getting hot is common and i guess is not an issue.
Honda's suspension is not made for potholes, irrespective of car. I'm not sure anything can be done for that.

Last edited by skyfire2892 : 23rd October 2013 at 20:21.
Old 23rd October 2013, 22:58   #1713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wohroy View Post
Hi, I have joined Team BHP recently, but have been following this Amaze link for quite some time. In fact it was GTO's review that had turned me towards Amaze iDTEC. And I am loving it!
Just wanted your opinion on this, guys. I had been getting wonderful mileage (18.5 kmpl) within city (Mumbai-Western suburbs, stop-start) till the 1st service was done. After that the highway mileage has increased (~28 kmpl vs 26 kmpl), but the in city mileage has fallen drastically ( ~14 kmpl, stop-start). I have noticed that the acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear has increased. I had taken the vehicle to the service centre. After a trial run they told it's ok and shared that the engine was retuned during the 1st service. The service supervisor also shared that this can be reversed, if I so wanted, during second service. Did any of you face similar issue?
Best.
Hi, I did face a similar issue wherein, just before my second service, the mileage of my amaze dropped down from 18-18.5 (In city conditions) to 15-16. And my highway mileage dropped from 22-23 to 18-19. But, I did face a decrease in acceleration from the usual, wherein, I had to reverb the engine quite hard. But, I did get it tuned, checked the air-filters etc. Now, after the 2nd service (I'm due for 3rd service now) I get a city mileage of ~18 and highway mileage of ~ 23.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Well I have a car that behaves exactly the opposite. I get 22-23 kpl in Bangalore traffic with AC on 50 % of the times ( I drive back late nights from work , hence normally don't need to use theAC). But on the highways , I am not getting more than 21kpl ,
This is a car that doesn't like to be revved hard. Highway driving is usually around 100 -120 kph while city driving is limited to around 1700 rpms
Wow, This is strange ! 100-120 in highway is decent and you should be getting even more since you get close to 23 in city conditions !

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd October 2013 at 23:30. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 23rd October 2013, 23:44   #1714
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

[quote=pravinkenator;3274117]Hi, I did face a similar issue wherein, just before my second service, the mileage of my amaze dropped down from 18-18.5 (In city conditions) to 15-16. And my highway mileage dropped from 22-23 to 18-19. But, I did face a decrease in acceleration from the usual, wherein, I had to reverb the engine quite hard. But, I did get it tuned, checked the air-filters etc. Now, after the 2nd service (I'm due for 3rd service now) I get a city mileage of ~18 and highway mileage of ~ 23.

Thanks Pravin! That's reassuring. Do I need to tell the SA any specific things?Just now I am coming from a 22 km city drive and the MID shows 16.4 kmpl.
Old 26th October 2013, 19:57   #1715

Please recommend a rear view camera system for Amaze Petrol ExMT model with approx cost.
Old 26th October 2013, 21:17   #1716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugato_basu View Post
Please recommend a rear view camera system for Amaze Petrol ExMT model with approx cost.
Honda quoted me 9800 for a DSC rear view camera and sensor. Got a quote from outside of 7500 for the same.
Old 26th October 2013, 22:47   #1717
BHPian

Attended a customer meet arranged at the dealer's place. Just wanted to share that the Honda representative confirmed the recommended tyre pressure for Amaze diesel. It's 33 psi front wheels and 29 psi rear wheels.
Old 27th October 2013, 01:20   #1718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wohroy View Post
Attended a customer meet arranged at the dealer's place. Just wanted to share that the Honda representative confirmed the recommended tyre pressure for Amaze diesel. It's 33 psi front wheels and 29 psi rear wheels.
This information is there at driver side door panel. Although the recommended back side tyre pressure is 29, the service attendant advised me to keep 33 and 30 psi for front and back respectively.
Old 28th October 2013, 18:04   #1719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
This information is there at driver side door panel. Although the recommended back side tyre pressure is 29, the service attendant advised me to keep 33 and 30 psi for front and back respectively.
Where, could you post a pic.

My friend just got these prices from Gurgaon Showroom

Front spoiler- 22,500
Rear spoiler- 17,500
Side skirts- 16,500
Trunk Spoiler- 10,200

Honda has gone mad, they won't even find takers for this.
Old 28th October 2013, 21:07   #1720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Honda has gone mad, they won't even find takers for this.
Intention is very clear, they don't want to sell those accessories.

I think its a better time for those who are planning to book Amaze. If Honda Crider comes to India as City, then there will be lots of buyers for Amaze.
Old 28th October 2013, 23:56   #1721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
I maintain 31/35 psi R/F instead of the company specified 29/33 psi
Old 29th October 2013, 14:25   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post

I maintain 31/35 psi R/F instead of the company specified 29/33 psi
31/35 could be good for mileage and your tyres. But it could lead a bumpy ride and is not safe for highway runs.
Old 29th October 2013, 16:02   #1723
BANNED

Now with the i10 Grande Diesel picking up an AT option can Honda be far behind?
Old 29th October 2013, 16:39   #1724
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze iVTEC pick up issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
The AC button on my ANHC also gets real hot after long use and its been like that for a long time so I guess its a common Honda issue and harmless
This issue's there on the Jazz as well, don't know about other models?
Old 29th October 2013, 22:01   #1725
Senior - BHPian

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image3685042725.jpg

Got this mail from Honda.
speedsatya is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed