Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2013, 22:50   #1741
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
I too am waiting for installation of seat covers . As the back seat is fixed I am wondering how they install covers on them perfectly . Also on the lookout for reverse sensors with display in the irvm .
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Cost is around 40k. I don't think anyone will go for that.
On the other hand, my friend got this:
1. He installed parking sensors for 5.5k.
2. He then got MMI 5 inch navigator installed for 17k and Honda gave him a camera for free. Now while reversing the navigator gives a camera o/p and IRVM gives sensor o/p.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am looking for options for my d-i-l's Amaze AT which is to be delivered in early January. I have reversing sensors on both my Civic (standard with BS-IV) and Brio.
I got parking sensors and camera installed by EVO in bangalore for just Rs.4500. The sensors are body colored unlike the ones fitted at the dealership which are black. And both camera and sensors fed to the Sony HU. So no unnecessary extra part dangling from the stock IRVM or sticking out from the dash.
Note: No wires cut in the process. Have finished 2 services, no objections till now from Honda service personnel (fingers crossed ).
Old 30th October 2013, 22:54   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post

The sensors are body colored unlike the ones fitted at the dealership which are black.
The dealership fitment has body colored sensors. Don't know about camera sensor color.
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 09:17   #1743
BANNED

Quote:
The dealership fitment has body colored sensors. Don't know about camera sensor color.
The reversing sensors are painted by the dealer, and the camera sensor in my son's City AVN is black, and is fitted just above the number plate.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 09:40   #1744
BHPian

Seems Amaze sales is coming down. Honda has already started advertising Amaze on FM extensively. Seems like NVH issue is not being accepted well in the market.
Old 31st October 2013, 10:56   #1745
BHPian

So I got myself a cover stand and an anti slip pad for my nexus 7. Not exactly an HU but can get offline maps with sygic( sygic is free now )
It also shows GPS speedometer, trip meter and an Eco meter.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131031_105119.png
Views: 3419
Size:  463.2 KB

Multitask with Torque.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131031_105129.png
Views: 3320
Size:  456.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131031_105136.png
Views: 3458
Size:  441.2 KB

Also can be used for songs(aux) but I prefer USB stick.
Old 31st October 2013, 16:21   #1746
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Amaze now with Modulo Accessories in India.

Now to lure more buyers, the company has announced a Modulo accessory pack for the car.

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-hondaamazemoduloaccessory01.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-hondaamazemoduloaccessory02.jpg

The accessories pack has given an improved front fascia to the car, as it now receives a black grille with chrome surround replacing the regular twin-slat chrome grille. Other changes include a lip spoiler, side skirt, rear skirt, boot lid spoiler, revised alloy wheels, aluminium pedals and illuminated footweels.

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...ndia-11612.htm
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 17:31   #1747
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze iVTEC pick up issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav Shrivas View Post
Hi Fellow BHPians,

I just purchased a Honda Amaze iVTEC from Ace Honda Noida and i found the following niggles which are disappointing.

1) The pickup is extremely low and the car almost dies at 2nd gear and as Noida is full of ill place speed breakers, it is almost impossible to move without a gear down shift. The car has not done 1000 Km as of now and still awaits the first service upon which i was assure by the SA that the pick up will improve, now i ask from the fellow BHPians, is that the case ?

2) The AC button gets real hot upon prolonged usage,SA says that its harmless and it is a problem with all Brio's and Amaze.I dnt know if i should believe him.

3) Is there any way i can soften the suspension as i find the suspension a bit too stiff for my liking.

My questions will seem a bit too noob like but kindly bear with me..
I will try and answer some :

1) The engine has less low end torque i.e. the torque you get is very less in less rpm range. This has been done to enhance the fuel efficiency. No proper solution to it. Try driving at 2k+ rpm range. I shifted from a Santro 1.1 to Brio. Santro 1.1 is know as the torque king. It was really difficult as pickup was really bad in 2nd gear. Don't worry, You will get used to it.

2) Yes, it is the problem with most Brio & Amaze. Don't think you should worry about it.

3) I am not really sure how you can soften the suspension,but would advise you not to. The GC of all Honda Vehicle isn't great. Softer suspension will make your car scrape belly at small speed-breakers. Also soft suspensions are not really desirable for Highway runs.

Hope I was helpful,

Regards
Old 31st October 2013, 20:41   #1748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda Amaze now with Modulo Accessories in India...
The accessories pack has given an improved front fascia to the car, as it now receives a black grille with chrome surround replacing the regular twin-slat chrome grille. Other changes include a lip spoiler, side skirt, rear skirt, boot lid spoiler, revised alloy wheels, aluminium pedals and illuminated footweels...
I like it! That grill brings in a lot of change to the front fascia. The car looks much better with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
...1) The engine has less low end torque i.e. the torque you get is very less in less rpm range. This has been done to enhance the fuel efficiency. No proper solution to it....
Honda iVtecs are known for weak low end torque; that's a characteristic of the family. Now I don't understand how does it aid in efficiency? More torque in low rpms will help improve FE as there are fewer gear shifts required.

One of the solutions to improve the low end torque is to go for a FFE. But warranty takes a hit with it. Adding performance filters also will help it.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 21:23   #1749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Honda iVtecs are known for weak low end torque; that's a characteristic of the family. Now I don't understand how does it aid in efficiency? More torque in low rpms will help improve FE as there are fewer gear shifts required.

One of the solutions to improve the low end torque is to go for a FFE. But warranty takes a hit with it. Adding performance filters also will help it.
Hi Swiftnfurious,

Even I am not to sure how it would help in FE but an engineering classmate of mine who works for Honda told me so.

And yes, FFE would be a danger to warranty.

My solution to weak low end torque was not being in the low end .

Regards
Old 31st October 2013, 21:32   #1750
BHPian

Amazing review GTO. Your reviews are becoming the benchmarks in Indian automobile industry. People now a days refer to your posts and test drive while selecting the cars. As usual, more power comes with more responsibilities. Love to see unpartial reviews more in future ....
Old 1st November 2013, 23:16   #1751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Seems Amaze sales is coming down. Honda has already started advertising Amaze on FM extensively. Seems like NVH issue is not being accepted well in the market.
Funny you said that, Amaze clocked 9564 this month (Honda's total sales were 11,214).
Old 2nd November 2013, 09:53   #1752
BHPian

Quote:
Funny you said that, Amaze clocked 9564 this month (Honda's total sales were 11,214).
I stand corrected then. Honda has increased the production of Amaze two fold that means, because even after such huge numbers the waiting period was being advertised as nil, & Honda wants to increase the sales further.

It seems Honda is gearing up to finally create a dent in sales of DZire.
Old 2nd November 2013, 10:01   #1753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

True, October sales numbers for amaze is its all time best ever and by a long margin. :-)
Old 2nd November 2013, 10:33   #1754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
True, October sales numbers for amaze is its all time best ever and by a long margin. :-)
So it's just 2 cars that they make now ! The brio and the Amaze. The CRV anyways sells in negligible numbers.
Old 2nd November 2013, 10:45   #1755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So which petrol hatchback today has the best low-end torque while maintaining reasonable FE?

When I test drove the Brio it didnt feel too bad doing bumper to bumper in 2nd gear (with AC).. but maybe I have to try it again. Polo was poor. Chevy Sail slightly better.

Most Viewed