Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2013, 11:14   #1756
BANNED

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Honda petrol engines have never been known for low end grunt. They need a bit of stick to enjoy and the brilliant gearbox helps. Honda engines are all High revving, 6500+ mostly.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2013, 11:39   #1757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post

I stand corrected then. Honda has increased the production of Amaze two fold that means, because even after such huge numbers the waiting period was being advertised as nil, & Honda wants to increase the sales further.

It seems Honda is gearing up to finally create a dent in sales of DZire.
The main reason is City being phased out due to a next gen City launch soon. With no city bookings they are focusing on Amaze. The extra shift will start this month.
The sales will remain high until the launch of jazz/mobilio.
Old 2nd November 2013, 12:29   #1758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post

So which petrol hatchback today has the best low-end torque while maintaining reasonable FE?

When I test drove the Brio it didnt feel too bad doing bumper to bumper in 2nd gear (with AC).. but maybe I have to try it again. Polo was poor. Chevy Sail slightly better.
May I point you to the official review of the Liva TRD Sportivo for your question
deepakv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2013, 15:32   #1759
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze iVTEC pick up issues.

Off-Topic:

Quote:
So which petrol hatchback today has the best low-end torque while maintaining reasonable FE? ...
From various reviews, I understand Maruti Ritz, Hyundai i10 Kappa2 and Chevy Sail UVA have good low end torque. I think Ritz will give the best of the FE among these.

If you want to discuss about any of these models, please choose the right thread.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd November 2013 at 15:35. Reason: Adding "Off-topic" and FE description
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 14:37   #1760
BHPian

[quote=Wohroy;3274141]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pravinkenator View Post
Hi, I did face a similar issue wherein, just before my second service, the mileage of my amaze dropped down from 18-18.5 (In city conditions) to 15-16. And my highway mileage dropped from 22-23 to 18-19. But, I did face a decrease in acceleration from the usual, wherein, I had to reverb the engine quite hard. But, I did get it tuned, checked the air-filters etc. Now, after the 2nd service (I'm due for 3rd service now) I get a city mileage of ~18 and highway mileage of ~ 23.

Thanks Pravin! That's reassuring. Do I need to tell the SA any specific things?Just now I am coming from a 22 km city drive and the MID shows 16.4 kmpl.
Hi,

Sorry for getting back so late. Predominantly, having dust etc in the air filter reduces the mileage drastically as ours is a combustion engine and drastically affects the performance . I told them to clean the same and perform some other routine engine checks. And thats it. It is super awesome now
Old 3rd November 2013, 17:22   #1761
BHPian

Thanks Pravin. Second service is done now and I hope they cleaned the air filters as part of the servicing job itself. SA did not give much importance to the retuning suggestion of mine! Do you (or any other Amaze iDTEC owner in this forum) see the mileage going down rapidly @ 1 kmpl for, say, 10 min of idling and 1st/2nd gear drive? This too at trip meter reading of >200 km. On the highway, I checked again today, it is > 30 kmpl over a 27 km stretch. The problem is mileage @lower gears and idling at stop-and-go traffic.
Old 3rd November 2013, 22:17   #1762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wohroy View Post
Thanks Pravin. Second service is done now and I hope they cleaned the air filters as part of the servicing job itself. SA did not give much importance to the retuning suggestion of mine! Do you (or any other Amaze iDTEC owner in this forum) see the mileage going down rapidly @ 1 kmpl for, say, 10 min of idling and 1st/2nd gear drive? This too at trip meter reading of >200 km. On the highway, I checked again today, it is > 30 kmpl over a 27 km stretch. The problem is mileage @lower gears and idling at stop-and-go traffic.
Strange ! I have never experienced the case wherein, the mileage going rapidly in the rate mentioned by you while idling. Anyways, let me do some experimentation sometime this week !
Old 7th November 2013, 09:09   #1763
BHPian

I've found some accessories for interior, need your word on them!

Do check the photos in the link
Carbon fibre sticker
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...393809200.html

Decorative thread
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-5...098845231.html

They are quite cheap.
So how'll they look on Amaze?
skyfire2892 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 09:15   #1764
Senior - BHPian

Had anyone completed the 3 rd service on their diesel Amaze? Mine is due next week.
Wanted to check on what all is done other than mentioned in the manual and how much do they charge? Somehow , the trust I have on these Bangalore Honda dealers is making me wonder if I should once again drive 400 kms to mangalore for a service
Old 8th November 2013, 11:22   #1765
BHPian

I have been following this thread for a long time and its finally time, booking the petrol amaze in a weeks time! So is it a thumbs up for the amaze? or am I to look into other options? Are the NVH levels in the petrol amaze as bad as the Diesel ones? Would appreciate of someone can clear that!
Old 8th November 2013, 12:41   #1766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream1188 View Post
I have been following this thread for a long time and its finally time, booking the petrol amaze in a weeks time! So is it a thumbs up for the amaze? or am I to look into other options? Are the NVH levels in the petrol amaze as bad as the Diesel ones? Would appreciate of someone can clear that!
Hi @Starscream1188

1.2L petrol engine on the Amaze is a sweet devil IMO. In fact, the diesel engine is also good, but it is viby & vocal, which the petrol isn't. Go for the petrol without any doubts.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 15:46   #1767
BHPian

Quote:
If your monthly run is less than 1000km, you can go for petrol. Honda is famous for petrol engines mate...
Its super refined and super silent...
When I test drove the petrol Amaze, I tried to crank the engine, but it was already on.
amazingGuru67 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 19:02   #1768
BHPian

Quote:
Have driven 1.5 in the City and it is super silent. The 1.2 may suffer with low end torque (109 Nm) but i-VTECs like to be revved which means it's a very fun to drive engine. Let me tell you i-VTEC sold 3.6k out of Amaze's 9.5k units this month so customers have given a thumbs up!
Old 9th November 2013, 00:36   #1769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
I've found some accessories for interior, need your word on them!

Do check the photos in the link
Carbon fibre sticker
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...393809200.html

Decorative thread
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-5...098845231.html

They are quite cheap.
So how'll they look on Amaze?
The decorative thread is super awesome. I think it will definitely add some effect to the dull dash. Thanks for the link. I will surely purchase one !
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Had anyone completed the 3 rd service on their diesel Amaze? Mine is due next week.
Wanted to check on what all is done other than mentioned in the manual and how much do they charge? Somehow , the trust I have on these Bangalore Honda dealers is making me wonder if I should once again drive 400 kms to mangalore for a service
Same here, mine is also due next week. Looking for some heads up !

Quote:
The petrol engine is super silent ! Again, it depends on your usage. But, the NVH level in diesel is quite manageable. It is definitely not a huge issue !
Old 9th November 2013, 09:35   #1770
BANNED

Re: Honda Amaze iVTEC pick up issues.

Quote:
So which petrol hatchback today has best low-end torque while maintaining reasonable FE?
You have to go to relatively lower revving engines, with long strokes. The Hyundai Epsilon series was one. Many of the Europeans may fit the bill.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed