Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2013, 18:57   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
When the defogger is on the green light comes on . Still I'll check tomorrow and reconfirm .
Checked in another vehicle. It is backlit whenever the lights are switched on.

I remember this was working when I dropped the car for the 3 rd service at Magnum Honda in the morning. I called the service advisor to tell him , he says this isn't backlit. Then he told me he would send someone on Monday to check this.

Dunno which service center to opt for in bangalore. Dakshin Honda hve proved they are useless and now , Magnum Honda as well ! Will give them one chance before I mail Honda on this
Old 23rd November 2013, 19:26   #1832
BHPian

You're right . It is backlit . Get it checked . Just went down and clicked the photo .
This is bad quality control on Honda's part . I can live with the high nvh due to the great average I get but if things start failing in the first few months like this its unacceptable . This never happened in the nine years I owned the alto or in my new dzire .
P.S. I own a vxmt idtec amaze .
Attached Images

Last edited by anky : 23rd November 2013 at 19:35.
Old 23rd November 2013, 20:24   #1833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Just realised that the rear defogger switch isn't backlit ! Is it same with others also ?
Hi satya...
How many Km have you done in your Amaze?
I jus did 5000km and found out that the vanity mirror in sun visor is missing...
This happens to most of us...
We are just energetic and enthusiastic about driving the car and forget these small details...
Old 23rd November 2013, 20:59   #1834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
You're right . It is backlit . Get it checked . Just went down and clicked the photo . This is bad quality control on Honda's part . I can live with the high nvh due to the great average I get but if things start failing in the first few months like this its unacceptable . This never happened in the nine years I owned the alto or in my new dzire . P.S. I own a vxmt idtec amaze .
This was working till the time I dropped the car for service. It's a QA issue with the dealer.

Yes. I am done with Honda. Will stick to this car during the warranty period , can't even dare think of maintaining a Honda India car beyond the extended warranty period. I can't keep driving 400 kms everytime to Mangalore to service my car.

When I called up this service advisor at Magnum Honda about this switch , he had the audacity to tell me " no Saar , no lighting in switchu , don't worry !"

No wonder cabbies prefer the Etios and the DZire , and with this small issue , goes my plan of booking the new City.

Our 11 year old Lancer(1.4L kms ) and the 12 year old zen ( 2.15 L kms ) have been perfect till now. Hadn't it been for the deteriorating MUL service in Bangalore , I wouldn't even have thought of any other car.

The positive thing is that Honda still manages to sell so many cars inspite of these useless dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Hi satya... How many Km have you done in your Amaze? I jus did 5000km and found out that the vanity mirror in sun visor is missing... This happens to most of us... We are just energetic and enthusiastic about driving the car and forget these small details...
8020 done in 6 months , hence the third service.

I checked about wheel alignment and balancing. The advisor tells me to do it only in the next service ! He also tells me to get it done only if I see any unusual wear on the tires !! Which means , I have to wait till the tires wear out for an alignment / balancing check. I haven't checked on the interval specified for this.
Old 24th November 2013, 10:13   #1835
BANNED

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

@speedsatya; If you are a sensitive sort of a guy then you will feel the alignment issues very quickly. As for balancing again if it is a gross imbalance, esp on the front.
Old 24th November 2013, 10:55   #1836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@speedsatya; If you are a sensitive sort of a guy then you will feel the alignment issues very quickly. As for balancing again if it is a gross imbalance, esp on the front.
Yes, I can make out the difference. Shouldn't Honda have a properly defined interval ? And how can these service advisors be so dumb that they tell people to watch out for tire wear first !

My CRVM used to vibrate a bit at certain rpms. There was no resolution to this in the first 2 services. Now , these guys claim to have tightened the nut holding the mirror.
Old 24th November 2013, 11:01   #1837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
I jus did 5000km and found out that the vanity mirror in sun visor is missing...
This happens to most of us...
We are just energetic and enthusiastic about driving the car and forget these small details...
You mean to say, within 5000 km, vanity mirror goes missing?

Maybe slipped into the sun-visor i guess.
Old 24th November 2013, 11:06   #1838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, I can make out the difference. Shouldn't Honda have a properly defined interval ? And how can these service advisors be so dumb that they tell people to watch out for tire wear first !

My CRVM used to vibrate a bit at certain rpms. There was no resolution to this in the first 2 services. Now , these guys claim to have tightened the nut holding the mirror.
My friend who owns a Liva and city did tell this issue with Honda service experience. He said that the service center guys are useless. No where in the league of Toyota or Maruti But since the car is well designed and hassle free, he doesn't have to depend on them much.

With any new car release, there could be initial teething issues. I guess the problem you are having are more of that. If it's a design issue, Honda should provide a permanent fix within the warranty period. One feedback I did get from Vinu was that the alignment stays stable for both his city and Liva. So, maybe that's the reason why the SA told you the check is not needed now.
Old 24th November 2013, 13:02   #1839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked about wheel alignment and balancing. The advisor tells me to do it only in the next service ! He also tells me to get it done only if I see any unusual wear on the tires !! Which means , I have to wait till the tires wear out for an alignment / balancing check. I haven't checked on the interval specified for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Speedsatya,

There is some facts in what the Advisor told you. Many experts and experienced mechanichs have told me that its never possible to get back the "factory set alignmnent" whatever modern aligning tools you use.

In all after market aligning they break the factory set (loosening of the check nuts etc) and then re align with manual tools normally without the assistance of any torque wrench etc. So the "factory set up" is gone.

Hence, the advise not to meddle with aignment unless things like "pull to a side even with correct air pressure" or uneven wear of the tyres in noticed (even I used to think that its the advise of the "lazy service personnel" until I got an explanation from some one who is an expert in "Auto Mechanics"

On an alignment machine at times - "a variation in alignment which is/may be within factory designed tollernces" may show up as a fault and then you would go an meddle with the factory setup, which is more bad than good as then on you will notice mis-alignment happens more frequently (due to the set upbeing done without proper tools)

as @sgiitk says you can feel when alignment is out. Only then check it

These are my views on the issue

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 24th November 2013, 13:46   #1840
Senior - BHPian

We keep driving on various types of terrains. So it's important to keep checking the alignment once in a while.

I was expecting them to atleast do a quick check as part of the 6 month service interval. I have had instances , where a slight variation in alignment has eaten up tires at the end of a 500 kms drive !
Old 27th November 2013, 09:35   #1841
BHPian

I was wondering that why did Honda provide 5.5J alloys on Diesel & 5J alloys on Petrol? Wouldn't 5J alloys on Diesel as well would have been cheaper for them? (Less width = less metal).
Or is it that Honda wants its customers to upgrade Amaze Diesel tyres to 195/more broad tyres?
Old 28th November 2013, 11:07   #1842
Senior - BHPian

Amaze owners, my uncle's amaze S MT diesel is getting delivered on monday, so some queries:

1) fog lamps cost 13k; is it worth? If stock headlight is acceptable, then this may be installed later.

2) Honda dealer at Coimbatore refused to do a horn upgrade. Is there any way to install more loud sounding ones without tampering the wires/warranty?
Old 28th November 2013, 13:09   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Amaze owners, my uncle's amaze S MT diesel is getting delivered on monday, so some queries:

1) fog lamps cost 13k; is it worth? If stock headlight is acceptable, then this may be installed later.

2) Honda dealer at Coimbatore refused to do a horn upgrade. Is there any way to install more loud sounding ones without tampering the wires/warranty?
1. One of the bhpian got fog lamps for 9k, there are pics in previous pages. So perhaps dealer is overcharging.
2. You'll have to find a good, professional accessory shop. They know how to install accessories without tampering original wires.
Old 28th November 2013, 14:35   #1844
BHPian

Heard on FM that Amaze is promising a 1 week delivery in Bangalore
Old 29th November 2013, 10:38   #1845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navkant View Post
Heard on FM that Amaze is promising a 1 week delivery in Bangalore
And there isn't any "Conditions Apply" at the end of the advertisement. Also, they haven't categorically mentioned Petrol or Diesel, but they do mention 25 kmpl, which implies their reference to Diesel atleast.

Scheme applicable at all dealers in Bangalore.

Trying to clear inventories since the sales take a slump at the end of the year?

Most Viewed