Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2013, 19:11   #1846
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Guys, Finally cancelled the Ecosport booking and have made the payment for Amaze EX MT
navkant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 15:58   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navkant View Post
Guys, Finally cancelled the Ecosport booking and have made the payment for Amaze EX MT
Congrats ! You have taken a wise decision which I'm sure that you will not regret !

Just gave my amaze for 3rd service. Have driven around 7500 KMs. There is a substantial screeching noise from the engine belt when accelerated (Very high rpms) I guess this is because of the belt becoming a bit loose and I do face vibration in the steering at speeds above 100 (Have requested them to check the steering column).

Anyways, quick question. Has anyone tried any after market sound dampening techniques to reduce the noise in the cabin ?

Last edited by Aditya : 30th November 2013 at 16:47.
pravinkenator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 16:19   #1848
BHPian

I finally booked a silver Honda Amaze SMT petrol. Took me 4 months of deliberation and finally went ahead. Taking a loan from Kotak Mahindra after abysmal performance from HDFC. Since it's my first new car (had a 6 year old SX4) really excited. Took prints of the Team BHP PDI checklist. Now just fingers crossed. Wish me luck.
pencilbuster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 22:04   #1849
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilbuster View Post
I finally booked a silver Honda Amaze SMT petrol.
Good choice, for someone without a lot of running, then the petrol makes sense. I am averaging about 15 kmpl on a petrol E variant that has done only about 2000 kms on the odo. If you look at the maintenance schedule there is hardly any major works, so maintenance will also be very cheap. The amount of space inside is also fabulous. The other thing I noticed is that it has decent ground clearance, and I have not scraped the bottom of the car anywhere yet, even with 4 people and luggage.
Old 30th November 2013, 23:09   #1850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post

Good choice, for someone without a lot of running, then the petrol makes sense. I am averaging about 15 kmpl on a petrol E variant that has done only about 2000 kms on the odo. If you look at the maintenance schedule there is hardly any major works, so maintenance will also be very cheap. The amount of space inside is also fabulous. The other thing I noticed is that it has decent ground clearance, and I have not scraped the bottom of the car anywhere yet, even with 4 people and luggage.
On an average I travel only 25 kms per day. Hence petrol. Would have got EX but didn't want waiting. Was promised delivery in two weeks. Let's hope.
Old 1st December 2013, 23:13   #1851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Checked in another vehicle. It is backlit whenever the lights are switched on. I remember this was working when I dropped the car for the 3 rd service at Magnum Honda in the morning. I called the service advisor to tell him , he says this isn't backlit. Then he told me he would send someone on Monday to check this. Dunno which service center to opt for in bangalore. Dakshin Honda hve proved they are useless and now , Magnum Honda as well ! Will give them one chance before I mail Honda on this
Updates !
Magnum Honda needed 1 full week , couple of phone calls and a threat of reporting this to Honda for them to send someone to look into this issue. Initially , this person , who is supposedly from their troubleshooting team says this particular switch isn't backlit. He then finally agreed that the switch isn't illuminated and that this is an issue. He tells someone will call me the next day to work on me next steps... Been 3 days , never heard from anyone till date.

I am still wondering on how does Honda manage to continuously sell so many cars in Bangalore inspite of useless dealers and service support! Don't the existing g owners ever discuss about the pathetic service ?
Old 2nd December 2013, 08:29   #1852
BHPian

Quote:
On an average I travel only 25 kms per day. Hence petrol. Would have got EX but didn't want waiting. Was promised delivery in two weeks. Let's hope.
Congratulations pencilbuster. I paid the initial booking amount for the Amaze petrol yesterday. My kids wanted the Blue color but it was not available - so have been promised a delivery within 2 weeks. (Silver, Urban titanium and Black were available for immediate delivery).

I do 50KM each day (home-office is 25+ km cutting across the city) and did a rough calculation: Even with my run, I will still need around 5 to 6 years to recoup the additional premium I pay for the diesel, which I don't think is worth it especially if diesel prices are decontrolled in the future.

4x4addict, Did you do any high speed runs yet (> 90KMPH)? How is the stability? One of my friends who drove his friend's Amaze petrol said car seemed unstable at speeds over 90kmph - I initially thought it must be a wheel balancing/alignment issue but started getting doubts when I saw in GTO's review that the Amaze petrol is softly sprung in contrast to its diesel sibling and Brio. This sort of agrees with another of our friend's comment (he has a Brio AT) that there were no issues at high speeds.

(GTO, great details, everytime I read your review, I am discovering new things - many thanks for such a comprehensive review - I now carry a printout and read it whenever I get some doubts :-) )

I am not sure if I should change my booking to a Diesel if it is going to be a dangerous car on the highway. Though my running will be 90% in the city, I still want to be safe in the remaining 10% since that is when we will hit higher speeds. The variant I booked (SMT) doesn't come with ABS either.
hsejars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 16:03   #1853
Team-BHP Support

Honda has cut down the waiting period for the Amaze sedan. Reports suggest that the car could be delivered to customers within a week from booking.

Link to News Article
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 16:40   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post
I am not sure if I should change my booking to a Diesel if it is going to be a dangerous car on the highway. Though my running will be 90% in the city, I still want to be safe in the remaining 10% since that is when we will hit higher speeds. The variant I booked (SMT) doesn't come with ABS either.
Asked for another test drive and did a high speed run on the NICE road. The car seemed quite stable at high speeds though it does not inspire confidence. But since I will not really be doing high speed runs, it is fine with me. It is a nice small family sedan, which is what i am looking for and so am going to stick with petrol unless I hear otherwise on the forum.
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:14   #1855
Distinguished - BHPian

Amaze sells 7598 units in November against 9564 posted in October, same is the case with Dzire posting 17211 in Oct and 15286 in Nov.
There seem a reducing demand which answers the improved delivery that dealers are quoting now!

Cheers!
Old 3rd December 2013, 01:38   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post

I do 50KM each day (home-office is 25+ km cutting across the city) and did a rough calculation: Even with my run, I will still need around 5 to 6 years to recoup the additional premium I pay for the diesel, which I don't think is worth it especially if diesel prices are decontrolled in the future.

4x4addict, Did you do any high speed runs yet (> 90KMPH)? How is the stability? One of my friends who drove his friend's Amaze petrol said car seemed unstable at speeds over 90kmph - I initially thought it must be a wheel balancing/alignment issue but started getting doubts when I saw in GTO's review that the Amaze petrol is softly sprung in contrast to its diesel sibling and Brio. This sort of agrees with another of our friend's comment (he has a Brio AT) that there were no issues at high speeds.

Hi,
1. I agree that for your running, petrol makes more sense. Enjoy the refined quietness of the 1.2L i-VTEC.

2. Please do not have any doubts about the stability of the petrol Amaze at the speeds you mentioned. In my opinion, in most cases it is the driver who drives without knowing his and his car's limitations who makes it unsafe and dangerous :-).

The only thing you may want to consider is to go for better tyres-essentially tyres with better grip, and enable better handling. Please go through the tyre thread to get an idea.

Lastly, the Amaze's brakes are excellent and really inspire confidence on us as drivers.
Old 4th December 2013, 12:44   #1857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
Hi,
1. I agree that for your running, petrol makes more sense. Enjoy the refined quietness of the 1.2L i-VTEC.

2. Please do not have any doubts about the stability of the petrol Amaze at the speeds you mentioned. In my opinion, in most cases it is the driver who drives without knowing his and his car's limitations who makes it unsafe and dangerous :-).

The only thing you may want to consider is to go for better tyres-essentially tyres with better grip, and enable better handling. Please go through the tyre thread to get an idea.

Lastly, the Amaze's brakes are excellent and really inspire confidence on us as drivers.
Thank you Top-Gear. From your last statement, I assume you have a Amaze too. I will continue with the petrol booking. The last I heard is that they do not have Blue colour petrol available in the factory too and so he has said the delivery will happen in Jan 2014 only - the long wait starts... I am keeping my fingers crossed that there is no significant price increase in Jan.
Old 4th December 2013, 13:07   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Honda has cut down the waiting period for the Amaze sedan. Reports suggest that the car could be delivered to customers within a week from booking.

But today I enquired for my friend's Amaze SAT in Urban Titanium at Apex Honda, Mumbai.
They are telling me that the delivery will only happen in Feb - March! (Booked in early november)
While the competitor Honda Showroom guys are telling "Sir, we can deliver the same variant within 3 weeks".

Has anyone got delivery of SAT models from Apex before the promised time?
Still the ground reality haven't changed much despite of production increase.

Quote:
Was promised delivery in two weeks. Let's hope.
Which dealership in Mumbai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
My friend who owns a Liva and city did tell this issue with Honda service experience. He said that the service center guys are useless. No where in the league of Toyota or Maruti But since the car is well designed and hassle free, he doesn't have to depend on them much.
I used to get my Honda serviced at Vision Honda in Kochi and thereafter their Thrissur facility.
We in the family own a garage and our relatives a maruti dealership,and let me tell you the service center guys were pretty much in the Maruti league!
Ya even though the reliability of the Honda brand do help but I was satisfied with the service and they knew what they were doing.

Last edited by johannskaria : 4th December 2013 at 13:26.
Old 4th December 2013, 14:06   #1859

Guys need some suggestions. After going back and forth between the grandi10, Ecosport and Amaze, looks like the Honda is going to be likely choice now. We already own a Dzire Zdi (2008) and it has started showing its age now, my father and I really wanted to get the Ecosport but the long waiting periods have put us off. I liked both the grand i10 and Amaze, but my father would not be willing to drive a hatchback again, so I guess that leaves the Amaze. I have a couple of questions for you experienced folk,

1.) My father thinks he would be able to get the Ecosport waiting period down to 3-4 months, is the Ecosport worth the wait or should we get the Amaze instead?

2.) Does the top end offer the best VFM? I am keen on getting the safety features so ABS and airbags are a must.

3.) Should we wait till next month to book a car for 2014 registration? Will a 'facelifted' model be available soon?

Thank you!

Last edited by sarav87 : 4th December 2013 at 14:22.
Old 4th December 2013, 14:11   #1860
BHPian

Hello people,
I own a 2.5 months old Amaze i-DTEC. There is a strange vibration(trrrrrr) sound which comes from the passenger side of the dashboard. I am neither able to find the source of the vibration, nor the exact location. All I know is the vibration comes and goes on its own. But when it starts, it's very irritating. I tried to locate the source by putting in neutral and slowly increasing the RPM till 2500, but couldn't. The vibration doesn't seem to come when car is stationary. But when moving, I've seen it come and go within 1500-2000 RPM.
The car is due for service in 10 days and I don't know how to convince the service executive about this unless I demo it to him. Anyone else seen this problem? What was the solution if it's corrected?
Thanks

Most Viewed