Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2014, 15:17   #1996
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
HI,

I own an april 2013 diesel EMT model. Gear shifts were not smooth to start with, but now it has become worse.

1st gear sometimes refuses to slot. Service advisor is saying there are many complaints for hard gear shifts.

Is this is the case? Anybody has got any info on this.

~shashant
The same problem was there in my Brio as well. Now my car has clocked 8200Kms. The service guys said it's a common issue with Brio. After 5000Kms, the issue is almost resolved.
Old 16th January 2014, 16:20   #1997
BANNED

Normally a new box is a bit stiff and notchy. It settles down and smoothens in about 5,000 miles (8,000km).
Old 16th January 2014, 18:40   #1998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Normally a new box is a bit stiff and notchy. It settles down and smoothens in about 5,000 miles (8,000km).
Mine has covered 12000 KM. Just got it back. They have lubricated it and they say if the problem reoccures, they will co-ordinate with HONDA techincians.
Old 17th January 2014, 12:23   #1999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Honda Cars India Ltd. (HCIL) has introduced a new SX variant of its Amaze sedan. Priced at Rs. 6,22,640 for the petrol and Rs. 7,12,240 for the diesel, the SX is placed between the S and the VX variants.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Thanks for your post and the link to the Team - BHP News Article.
We had almost decided to book a Etios petrol VSP variant, then came this news of the new variant Amaze SX! I definitely feel that SX is VFM! Now planning to book the Amaze SX petrol. It has got all we wanted in our car except alloys, which of course can be added anytime later, not like ABS or Airbags. Does anyone know the cost of company alloys, for a set of 4 or even 5? Any suggestions?
Old 17th January 2014, 12:42   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post

Thanks for your post and the link to the Team - BHP News Article.
We had almost decided to book a Etios petrol VSP variant, then came this news of the new variant Amaze SX! I definitely feel that SX is VFM! Now planning to book the Amaze SX petrol. It has got all we wanted in our car except alloys, which of course can be added anytime later, not like ABS or Airbags. Does anyone know the cost of company alloys, for a set of 4 or even 5? Any suggestions?
Congrats on the decision.
Company alloys will cost you roughly 7k per tyre. It's better to get alloys from aftermarket dealer, they have better designs and less price.
Old 17th January 2014, 16:32   #2001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Congrats on the decision.
Company alloys will cost you roughly 7k per tyre. It's better to get alloys from aftermarket dealer, they have better designs and less price.
Thanks for your reply! I think it is too early to talk about alloys. Yesterday when I checked with the dealer about the new variant SX, here in Pondicherry (Capital Honda) he was totally unaware of this new variant. I told him that even prices for all cities are available in Honda's site! He said he will check and come back. No reply from him till this time. Again I called him now and he says that they are yet to receive the prices from Honda. I checked with another dealer in Chennai and got the same reply. Could not make a booking today for SX variant.
Old 18th January 2014, 08:19   #2002
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys.

Will be a bit off-topic for the thread. Hence the short reply -
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Maruti is coming up with an automated manual transmission vehicle which will be released on the Delhi Auto expo - http://www.rushlane.com/maruti-celer...-12101698.html

You might want to wait for that as well.
In a relatively small city like Trivandrum, Honda still holds the edge when it comes to servicing automatic transmissions. Not many people opt for automatic transmissions there - and I really dont have confidence in the ability of Maruti service centers. Furthermore, the technology needs to be proven on our roads.

On the other hand, honda technicians should already be experienced due to their exposure to premium cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Consider the I20 Asta instead!
Lot of factors going against the i20.
1. AT is offerred only in Sportz trim. Features list is sad for a 9L car, specially when you consider i20 was the best in terms of features.
2. New i20 will be coming next year.
3. Grand i10 sedan if it comes in AT Asta trim with ABS and airbags will be a big contender though. (Parents still like the idea of having a boot!)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th January 2014 at 08:21.
Old 18th January 2014, 14:33   #2003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
Thanks for your reply! I think it is too early to talk about alloys. Yesterday when I checked with the dealer about the new variant SX, here in Pondicherry (Capital Honda) he was totally unaware of this new variant. I told him that even prices for all cities are available in Honda's site! He said he will check and come back. No reply from him till this time. Again I called him now and he says that they are yet to receive the prices from Honda. I checked with another dealer in Chennai and got the same reply. Could not make a booking today for SX variant.
Same story here. Called the dealer in Mumbai and he was clueless about the SX variant. Tells me I might have read about the new City. I said it's in the news everywhere and he said he will check with his office and get back. No reply yet. It's funny and annoying at the same time.
Old 19th January 2014, 14:00   #2004
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Christy Mathew sees 28.2 kpl (drive of 110 kms without a/c) and wants to know if the Amaze' MID is accurate?

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-photo.jpg
Old 19th January 2014, 15:40   #2005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Christy Mathew sees 28.2 kpl (drive of 110 kms without a/c) and wants to know if the Amaze' MID is accurate?
I won't say completely accurate. There is generally a trade-off of 1kmpl in my calculations. So real FE would be 27-ish kmpl. My car's MID always shows 26-27kmpl when I go out on highways.
Old 19th January 2014, 15:42   #2006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I usually see a difference of 0.5 to 1.5 kpl in actual figures depending on the gas station where I refuel. 25 kpl is something we see regularly over 400 km long drives
Old 20th January 2014, 12:37   #2007
Senior - BHPian

Just got a call from Dakshin Honda saying my car is among the vehicles that need an air intake "pipe" replacement . It seems this is being done all Amaze Diesel cars and is to protect against water splashes . They also mentioned this will take 1.5 hours to be done.

Has anyone else got similar calls?
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 12:57   #2008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Just got a call from Dakshin Honda saying my car is among the vehicles that need an air intake "pipe" replacement . It seems this is being done all Amaze Diesel cars and is to protect against water splashes . They also mentioned this will take 1.5 hours to be done.

Has anyone else got similar calls?
I gave my car for Gear shift problem and they did replace the air intake pipe. Cost was 1500 rs. I wasn't charged though.
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 20:16   #2009
Senior - BHPian

The earlier intake hose had small opening , the new part has that covered with a rubber bush.

Also changed those skinny tires to 195/60R14 Michelin XM2. Drove just 6 kms after this change. Immediate noticeable changes are an improvement in ride over bad roads. Will comment on FE and handling changes tomorrow
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 20:32   #2010
BHPian

My 2 cents.

30 Jan 2013, at Vapi,we met with a serious accident.My Honda City SMT was a wreck.

At the Service Center, I got a great test drive of the Amaze on the Highway.

My impressions:

a) Good price.
b) Tiny car compared to my Honda City.
c) Much better ground clearance.
d) Interiors great.
c) Boot> Tiny

The Service Center told me the Amaze is flying out vertically with bookings.

I was privileged to test drive the All New Honda City.

Cosmetic changes with hi fi gadgetry rest all same. Only improvement better Ground Clearance 1.5 inches.

Rgds

Most Viewed