Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2014, 14:58   #2041
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
I sometimes have the issue in my i-VTEC. However I've also found that making sure the clutch is pressed FULLY takes care of the issue. I emphasise because I find that the clutch needs to be pushed all the way back-more than what I was accustomed to in my earlier ride.
Got similar advice from the service centre exec. I have asked a couple of other experienced drivers to give it a try and the first reaction over a very short drive was "you gear has a problem".

I drove a new amaze at the service centre to compare the two cars and the new Amaze had very smooth gear slotting.
Old 29th January 2014, 17:09   #2042
BHPian

I too face problems in six months of ownership of my diesel vxmt carnelian red amaze . 1. Gear shift is hard . 2.RHS A pillar noise . 3. No auto door speed lock . 4. Many usb drives do not work in my car . Mileage is great though . Hovers around 20 in city with 100% Ac and 25 on highways with 100% Ac. I have not fitted autocop as they said then it will have a seperate remote and cannot integrate remote in original remote so I will have to carry 2 remotes . The car only has immobiliser and no alarm theft system . My swift dzire has all this . The dzire is a year old . Smooth gear shifts and auto door lock and unlock with immobiliser and security system in vdi model as standard .
Old 29th January 2014, 17:56   #2043
BHPian

Here is my amaze S MT, Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-img_20140124_102223.jpg

Mods List:
Alloy wheels- Radiance by LENSO ( OEM Tyres)
RU Leather seat covers
Roots windtone horn
Headlights upgraded to Philips Halogen 100 W
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-img_20140124_102429.jpg  

Last edited by Starscream1188 : 29th January 2014 at 18:14. Reason: Additional information
Starscream1188 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 18:30   #2044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
I too face problems in six months of ownership of my diesel vxmt carnelian red amaze . 1. Gear shift is hard . 2.RHS A pillar noise . 3. No auto door speed lock . 4. Many usb drives do not work in my car . Mileage is great though . Hovers around 20 in city with 100% Ac and 25 on highways with 100% Ac. I have not fitted autocop as they said then it will have a seperate remote and cannot integrate remote in original remote so I will have to carry 2 remotes . The car only has immobiliser and no alarm theft system . My swift dzire has all this . The dzire is a year old . Smooth gear shifts and auto door lock and unlock with immobiliser and security system in vdi model as standard .
I've been noticing many people are having problems with gear shift but it does not happen to me. Same for A-pillar vibrations which automatically stopped. I've been doing lot of high revv driving and there are not much vibrations in the cabin(except for door pads when i max out the speakers). Ofcourse FE is a sweet spot for Amaze owners. I'm having hard time agreeing that with autocop, the OEM remote is required. Can't they replicate the immobilizer chip on the new remote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream1188 View Post
Here is my amaze S MT, Attachment 1198559

Mods List:
Alloy wheels- Radiance by LENSO ( OEM Tyres)
RU Leather seat covers
Roots windtone horn
Headlights upgraded to Philips Halogen 100 W
Those are hot alloys. I see you've got chrome tipped exhaust. What was it's cost? The dealer here quoted 1400.
Also share photos of seat covers and price of cover,alloys. Did you get seat covers from dealer or aftermarket?
Old 29th January 2014, 20:57   #2045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post

Those are hot alloys. I see you've got chrome tipped exhaust. What was it's cost? The dealer here quoted 1400.
Also share photos of seat covers and price of cover,alloys. Did you get seat covers from dealer or aftermarket?
Yes! The chrome exhaust tips are from the dealers for 1400.

Price:
Seat cover:Rs.7000/-
Alloys: Rs.5450/- per wheel. Seat covers were after market.Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-dsc_4681.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-dsc_4657e.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-dsc_4696e.jpg
Starscream1188 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 14:06   #2046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
I have mentioned the same problem though in diesel, few post back. It just simply refuses to slot in first from second.

Though it happnes when car is driven after a long time or early in the morning.

Service advisor has asked me to leave the car overnight and check in the morning.

Will do so tomorrow and update you on this.
I had a long test drive and interaction with the service advisor today. He said, Shifting from 2nd to 1st gear, car speed should be less than 10 KM. He did that and gear changed perfectly.

I am not sure of this but once you depress the clutch it should slot in any gear without problem. I didn't have such problem with other brands car that I have driven.

Is this technician correct? Do I need to change the way I drive
Old 30th January 2014, 15:19   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Congrats on the decision.
Company alloys will cost you roughly 7k per tyre. It's better to get alloys from aftermarket dealer, they have better designs and less price.
Thanks for your reply. The dealer here in Pondicherry said that one SX Petrol, Urban Titanium Color car is in transit, which had left the factory on Jan 18th. So, on Jan 20th I booked the car! As expected the truck reached Pondicherry on 28th night and I could check the car yesterday, the 29th and complete the other formalities to get it registered! My car is getting registered on 31st. I have already booked my registration number by officially making a payment to RTO!
The accessories I have ordered with the dealer are
1) Back up sensors (Body Colored - 4 Nos.)
2) PU Seat Cover - Leather Based O.E
3) Floor Mat
4) Body Cover
I have ordered a set of 5 Alloys from a aftermarket dealer. Brand - Neo, Model - Thrust HS or MBM whichever is available.
Reg. Insurance, I am struggling to get a NCB certificate from Royal Sundaram. During the last two years for my previous car I have not claimed any damages and I am supposed to get 25% NCB for my new car through the certificate they are to issue. Honda dealer says that they will make a refund once I produce the certificate.
jgsolo27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 15:38   #2048
BANNED

Possibly the new shape of the AT

It seems that production of the AT has almost ceased. Is it that Honda is going the CVT route. The City is now CVT, and the Brio AT in Thailand is CVT. CVT has the advantage of being lighter, smaller and give better fuel economy. The negative is 'rubber banding' which in this segment may not bother buyers that much.

I understand that the AT is now 'To Special Order' and can see no other reason. We ordered a VX AT for my daughter-in-law in end October for a January delivery, and still nothing on the horizon. We needed the car urgently so have switched a day ago to VX MT, which we may get early next week.
Old 30th January 2014, 21:23   #2049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
Reg. Insurance, I am struggling to get a NCB certificate from Royal Sundaram. During the last two years for my previous car I have not claimed any damages and I am supposed to get 25% NCB for my new car through the certificate they are to issue. Honda dealer says that they will make a refund once I produce the certificate.
This is what Royal Sundaram told me too (my old car also had a Royal Sundaram insurance). Did you exchange your old car at the dealer or did you sell it outside independently? In my case, the dealer directly gave me the NCB as I had exchanged their car through their dealership itself. If you are going with Royal Sundaram and get the quote through their website you also get free RSA - keep this in mind too!

Also advanced congratulations for your new ride! It is a lovely car and is butter smooth - I am absolutely enjoying driving it and look forward to it every day!
Old 31st January 2014, 11:51   #2050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
I had a long test drive and interaction with the service advisor today. He said, Shifting from 2nd to 1st gear, car speed should be less than 10 KM. He did that and gear changed perfectly.

I am not sure of this but once you depress the clutch it should slot in any gear without problem. I didn't have such problem with other brands car that I have driven.

Is this technician correct? Do I need to change the way I drive

After I saw your post, I tried the same thing and it worked perfectly. I think Honda has done this to save clutch life and make us avoid over revving. I used to do the same thing as you and frequently change gears with my SX4 and even when I drove a Camry. But I prefer this with my Amaze as it keeps me in control always without over accelerating and being trigger happy with the gear knobs.
Old 31st January 2014, 12:29   #2051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
I have ordered a set of 5 Alloys from a aftermarket dealer. Brand - Neo, Model - Thrust HS or MBM whichever is available.
Congrats on your purchase! I have also booked a Carnelian Red SX petrol and expecting delivery early next week. Do share photos of the alloys later. Are you planning to upgrade tyres as well?
Old 31st January 2014, 12:53   #2052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post
Did you exchange your old car at the dealer or did you sell it outside independently?

Also advanced congratulations for your new ride! It is a lovely car and is butter smooth - I am absolutely enjoying driving it and look forward to it every day!
Thanks hsejars! I sold my car outside independently. Honda dealership quoted around 2.8 Lakhs lesser price for my old car, so was not interested in exchange. I now have to wait till name change takes place to get the NCB certificate from Royal Sundaram. In the mean time I am paying the total insurance amount for my new car, without NCB. Hopefully, this evening I will get to experience the butter smoothness of my new ride!
Old 31st January 2014, 14:36   #2053
BHPian

Great news!!!

Honda Amaze is 2014 CNBC TV-18 OVERDRIVE Car Of The Year
There were 15 cars from four main categories in the running for the top honours. The Hyundai Grand i10, Volkswagen Polo GT, Toyota Etios Liva Sportivo, BMW 1 Series and the Mahindra e2o in the Small Car category; Volkswagen Vento TSI, Honda Amaze and the Skoda Octavia in the sedan category; Nissan Terrano, Ford EcoSport, Honda CR-V and the Mercedes-Benz GL 350 CDI in the SUV segment; and Mercedes-Benz E-Class, BMW 5 Series and Toyota Camry Hybrid in the Executive Car segment.
The main categories were judged on the basis of the build quality, ride and handling, styling (exterior and interior), value for money and affordability, engine and transmission and fuel efficiency. Passenger vehicles that were launched in 2013 were eligible for the OVERDRIVE Awards 2014.
The 15 cars were driven by our esteemed six-member jury : Bosch Chairman VK Viswanathan, Air Asia CEO Mittu Chandilya, five times rally champion Hari Singh, Himalayan Motorsport president Vijay Parmar, OVERDRIVE editor Bertrand D’souza and ex-OVERDRIVE executive editor Vikrant Singh.
All the 15 nominees were taken to the Chennai race track and tested on all the parameters by our esteemed jury members for two days. While the jury members came away impressed with most of the contenders, they were more taken in by some cars than the others.
The jury selected Hyundai Grand i10 as the Small Car of The Year, Honda Amaze as the Sedan of The Year, Ford EcoSport as the SUV of The Year and the Toyota Camry Hybrid as the Executive Car of The Year.
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 14:37   #2054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post
Congrats on your purchase! I have also booked a Carnelian Red SX petrol and expecting delivery early next week. Do share photos of the alloys later. Are you planning to upgrade tyres as well?
Thanks tiger_stripes! I too was interested in red color only, but since I had to wait for some more time to get one, I settled down for Urban Titanium. I very much want to upgrade my tyres as well to Michelin, but the tyre dealers here are reluctant to take the OE tyres in exchange. Mine has come with Good Year tyres and I had given an ad in OLX to sell them. If successful will upgrade to 185/65 R14 XM2 or will continue with the OE tyres. In Mumbai you will have a lot more choices of Alloys. Mine is coming from Mumbai! Yes, will share photos at the earliest.
Old 1st February 2014, 03:09   #2055
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea when the CVT Amaze is expected? Is there a facelift around the corner?

Most Viewed