Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2014, 20:07   #2161
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

71K is ridiculous.
I've seen the spoilers, they enhance the look of the car but their asking price is too high. Same goes for wooden finish. I don't think they'll find any takers for this edition!
Old 15th April 2014, 20:22   #2162
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda launches limited edition Amaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.torque View Post
* Interiors sporting premium upholstery and contrasting wooden finish panel on the dashboard.
Pardon my ignorance but what exactly does "premium upholstery" mean in the Indian automotive market, genuine leather seats etc.?
Old 16th April 2014, 09:43   #2163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Just read in ET today that Honda has released special edition of AMAZE to mark its 1st anniversary.
The website is also updated
https://www.hondacarindia.com/Amaze/

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-website.jpg

Also I saw their press release as below
https://www.hondacarindia.com/mediac...aspx?pr_id=304
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-press-release.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
71K is ridiculous.
I've seen the spoilers, they enhance the look of the car but their asking price is too high. Same goes for wooden finish. I don't think they'll find any takers for this edition!
+1

Let me try breaking it up (all costs are optimistic estimates and rounded for easy calculations)
  • All-round body skirting: 25K
  • Trunk spoiler: 5K
  • Door visors: 5K
  • Woody panel stickers: 4K
  • Seat covers: 6K
  • Exhaust pipe finisher: 4K
  • Anniversary edition Badge: 1K
With all this I get the total of 50K. So 70K is just too much for too less!

I feel this is just a move to keep customers attracted, especially after the launch of the Hyundai Xcent

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 16th April 2014 at 09:45.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 09:54   #2164
BHPian

Need little help from fellow Amaze owners.

While I was driving to office yesterday, my Amaze Diesel started making some squeaking noise around the front right tyre area. As I drove faster, the noise also increased significantly. Whenever I used to apply brake, the noise would go exponentially higher. It was evident that there was some major problem with the tyre/brake.

I took the car to Magnum Honda service center yesterday evening and left the car there for check-up in the morning. I got a call few mins ago from the service adviser and he said that the Brake Pads are worn out.

I have driven only about 8,900 kms and I get this answer that the pads are worn out! And he is saying it will be a "paid replacement" (2,200 rs). I shouted at him that how can brake pad possibly worn out even before crossing 10k kms!!

I strongly believe that brake pads are meant for much longer distance (at least 15,000 kms) and that I am demanding it to be replaced under warranty since it is a faulty part.

Appreciate any advice by the fellow Amaze owners and fellow BHPians.
Old 16th April 2014, 10:34   #2165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post
Need little help from fellow Amaze owners.

While I was driving to office yesterday, my Amaze Diesel started making some squeaking noise around the front right tyre area. As I drove faster, the noise also increased significantly. Whenever I used to apply brake, the noise would go exponentially higher. It was evident that there was some major problem with the tyre/brake.

I took the car to Magnum Honda service center yesterday evening and left the car there for check-up in the morning. I got a call few mins ago from the service adviser and he said that the Brake Pads are worn out.

I have driven only about 8,900 kms and I get this answer that the pads are worn out! And he is saying it will be a "paid replacement" (2,200 rs). I shouted at him that how can brake pad possibly worn out even before crossing 10k kms!!

I strongly believe that brake pads are meant for much longer distance (at least 15,000 kms) and that I am demanding it to be replaced under warranty since it is a faulty part.

Refer to my earlier post. There have been instances of pads getting worn around 10 K kms. And Honda is replacing these pads for free in diesel amazes as a goodwill gesture. This is what someone I know from a Honda dealership told me

Magnum Honda are as useless as other Honda dealers in Bangalore. Try telling this to them , maybe writing to honda if they charge for this replacement will help

Sent from my mobile phone , please excuse typos
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 11:26   #2166
Senior - BHPian

In one word, Rubbish !!! This is daylight robbery only to me. For such stupid so called enhancements, 71 + K is too much to ask for. Guess they have some excess stock which they want to clear it or is it a try to compete against Xcent? If you want to compete, then improve on interiors first, Honda. Customer deserve more at that price for sure. Looking at this, MUL anniversary editions looks much better.
Old 16th April 2014, 11:35   #2167
Senior - BHPian

Most manufacturers need these limited editions only when their cars aren't selling. Also on a recent visit to a dealership , I was told that there is no waiting period for the Amaze.

Why the heck would anyone pay 71K INR more this limited edition. This is a waste. Reverse sensors , leather seats and GPS systems are something I wouldn't mind paying for. These days most manufacturers have these as part of their OE equipments

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 11:43   #2168
BHPian

Utter nonsense, 71K for some spoilers, wooden finish dashboard, premium upholstery (so called) & a badge.

I will name it as Amaze - "Daylight robbery edition". Please Honda you could have added Bluetooth functionality or maybe automatic climate control (the Dzire has it & so does the Xcent).

The Japanese are getting greedy, Toyota with the Etios twins & Honda with the Amaze.
Old 16th April 2014, 11:49   #2169
BHPian

First they took a beautiful hatch, stuck a boot and made a rodent out of it. Now they dress it up gaudily and then charge a premium for it.

What has gone wrong with Honda? To catch up with the mainstream (read mediocrity), they are trying such cheap tactics. Is this the same company who once had true premium cars in their lineup?
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 12:44   #2170
BHPian

No offense to HCIL, they are selling what drives their business. First there were no Diesel from Honda, we made them offer across all models in record time. Jazz has all variants with air-bags but that was costly, now Amaze has first 3 variants without it and we like it, cheap.

Somebody correctly pointed out, that Honda is going Maruti way by announcing the launch of new editions but the truth is we want it. We blame Maruti for such launch, but it still enjoys the biggest market share. Remember that VW IPL edition?

It won't be a surprise if we start seeing more and more such so called limited editions. Limited Holi, Diwali or even Dandiya Edition 2014! I haven't researched to get any statistics but seems this technique works, and there is nothing wrong from their part if such scheme brings back the sell.
Old 16th April 2014, 13:14   #2171
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Looks like honda is following Maruti by launching Limited Editions
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Oh no! Looks like Maruti is slowly getting to the rest.
They look more like following Toyota with liva sport edition. They changed to sport bumpers. Maruti just does the Sticker job + Seat covers + wheel caps, may be

The problem is, if something happens to bumper, this kinda modified bumpers wont be available in the dealerships. Unless these cars are sold in thousands. The owner will end up with a normal amaze after a crash. Because the sport bumpers wont be available later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Pardon my ignorance but what exactly does "premium upholstery" mean in the Indian automotive market, genuine leather seats etc.?
Seat covers, premium seat covers. No leather seats for a mere 70 odd K

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Pure leather seat covers are available within this price, why is 70k not enough for it?
This is how the manufacturer charges for *things* provided by them. Everything expensive.
The seat covers sold by Maruti dealer cost atleast 1.5 time more when compared to outside shops.
If the Seat covers are sold by Maruti itself, then it would be more expensive.

One small example, 2-3% of the car price is directly given to dealer. Dealer margin. If Honda increases price for limited edition by 71K, the dealer margin is ~1.5 to 2k in this 71K. And exclude the sales man margin.

It would have been great, if they could have given a Complete double Din HU with inbuilt navigation, rear cam, sensors in one kit + Limited badge. Another opportunity wasted by Honda. Fire the idiot who gave this rubbish idea.

Last edited by gemi_kk : 16th April 2014 at 13:32. Reason: Adding point.

Old 16th April 2014, 13:22   #2172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Seat covers, premium seat covers. No leather seats for a mere 70 odd K
Pure leather seat covers are available within this price, why is 70k not enough for it?
Old 16th April 2014, 14:10   #2173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post

Did you physically inspect the disc?You will see deep scratch marks on the disc.A brake pad going Kaput this early is a premature wear.
Please see to it that you get the pads replaced under warranty.
Old 16th April 2014, 14:48   #2174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Refer to my earlier post. There have been instances of pads getting worn around 10 K kms. And Honda is replacing these pads for free in diesel amazes as a goodwill gesture. This is what someone I know from a Honda dealership told me

Magnum Honda are as useless as other Honda dealers in Bangalore. Try telling this to them , maybe writing to honda if they charge for this replacement will help
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Did you physically inspect the disc?You will see deep scratch marks on the disc.A brake pad going Kaput this early is a premature wear.
Please see to it that you get the pads replaced under warranty.
Thanks for the suggestions. I did not inspect the brake pad physically as I had to be in Office, but I had strong feeling that it must have worn out.

I just got confirmation from the service adviser that the pads will be replaced 'free of cost' This is after blasting him twice on the phone. At least they have acknowledged that it is premature wear and are replacing under warranty.

I only hope that the 'new' brake pads will not run into same problem again.
Old 16th April 2014, 15:14   #2175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
First they took a beautiful hatch, stuck a boot and made a rodent out of it. Now they dress it up gaudily and then charge a premium for it.
This line made me fall out of my chair... You have got amazing writing skills mate (No offense to anyone)
rahulsharma2008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks