Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2014, 12:41   #2311
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Guys ,

any idea on whats the resale value for the Amaze diesel in Bangalore ? I am planning to go for a higher segment vehicle
Old 20th September 2014, 23:44   #2312
Senior - BHPian

Got a chance to test drive a new amaze. These are my observations.
  • There is a remarkable improvement in NVH compared to a one year old Amaze in our office. Honda dealership says the new Amaze is fitted with extra damping.
  • It's simply the easiest diesel engine to drive around with excellent low end torque, ultra light clutch, excellent seating position, ergonomics and visibility
  • The steering is light, but at the same time not unstable like the Hyundai.
  • The car is good both for city driving and highway driving. Torque spread is similar to Petrol engine, but at the same time possess the peak torque of a diesel. Acceleration is stable and predictable right throughout the torque curve.

Overall., I loved the drive on my friend's Amaze. This is still my favorite entry level 4m sedan.

Last edited by amalji : 20th September 2014 at 23:50.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 14:50   #2313
BHPian

Good to hear about the improvement in NVH levels, as many buyers were put off by it. What is needed now is a serious interior makeover. With the competition heating up, it will turn out to be the deal breaker for many. Hope Honda is listening.
Old 21st September 2014, 15:12   #2314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post
Good to hear about the improvement in NVH levels, as many buyers were put off by it. What is needed now is a serious interior makeover. With the competition heating up, it will turn out to be the deal breaker for many. Hope Honda is listening.
Can't agree more. I need to buy a petrol car for my father in March next year. Right now he has selected Zest. My first choice will be Amaze only if they can change the Brioish interiors which are a huge let down. Hopefully, by then Honda may launch a face-lift version with better interiors. Right now in sub 4 Metre Sedans it has the worst one.
Old 21st September 2014, 15:53   #2315
Team-BHP Support

Improved NVH - Has Honda done something officially or is it just salesman talk ?
Old 21st September 2014, 17:08   #2316

It's almost been 1.5 months with my diesel Amaze and the experience has been good. Provided this is my first Honda I expected niggle free drive and this is exactly what I got.

Some good points about the car -

Its very easy to maneuver the car in traffic. Low end torque helps a lot.

For short drivers the range of the height adjust is of immense help. It improves the visibility.

The A/C is very effective. Delhi shows no sign of relief from heat hence effective A/C is very important.

I love the feel of the steering. Although haven't driven much on highways but I feel the steering shows adequate response.

Some bad points -

Interiors. Although practical but a big let down in terms of design specially when compared with the competition.

Audio system is not to my liking. A slight increase in the volume would make the audio very unclear. Speakers don't do a good job.

Lack of driver side armrest.

Pathetic Horn.

There is no speed sensing door lock feature. How could they miss such a basic safety feature?

The average as shown on the MID is 16.2 but the real figure stands at 15.5. Not complaining as most of the driving is in heavy city traffic with 100 % A/C.
Old 21st September 2014, 19:46   #2317

This ad by Honda beautifully captures the essence of Amaze - the easy maneuvering in the city, the lightness of steering, the low end torque and visibility.

Old 23rd September 2014, 15:10   #2318
Senior - BHPian

One thing after driving an Amaze for under five months - I am not sure if it is the Chennai heat, but the rubber beading that is inside the doors / under the rim of the hood just sucks in quality.

Over the past two weeks, admittedly in Chennai weather that alternates between soaking wet and burning hot, first the rubber beading under the hood - and today, the beading in the front passenger door frame - came loose - it is fastened with little nubs of rubber that fit into small holes in the frame, and this sometimes shakes loose thanks to the vibration of driving on potholed roads (more potholes than usual thanks to the Chennai weather).

Causes an annoying amount of NVH, and in case of the beading under the hood - the beading strip stuck out from under the hood for a few millimeters, looking very strange indeed till I opened the hood and stuck it back inside. Didn't take photos unfortunately.

Has anybody else seen this?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 22:50   #2319

Just came across the #amazelongestdrive, covering 23,000 km and spanning 250 cities, all in our own Amaze!

Also see the link for drive updates - http://amazelongestdrive.com/
Old 6th October 2014, 14:17   #2320
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A li'l birdie drops this information. Thanks to him for sharing

Quote:
Amaze will now come in Golden Brown Metallic instead of Crystal Black pearl.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 15:02   #2321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A li'l birdie drops this information. Thanks to him for sharing
Is that the same thing that Ritz calls "baker's chocolate" and Renault calls "Metallic woodland brown"?

Black never does go out of fashion, while brown - I am not quite sure I take to it despite all the creative marketing terminology used to describe essentially the same shade across a variety of cars.

I am surprised at this decision to be honest. Amaze black looks beautiful, but with the hot Chennai weather, I'd probably get roasted if I were to park it in the sun for a while (which is why I picked white).
Old 9th October 2014, 00:53   #2322
Senior - BHPian

My cousin's Amaze Diesel VX MT had major problems after the engine died in a shallow pool of water. The car was at the service center for two months and the cost of repair came to a little more than a lakh. Has anyone come across this issue?

Details in this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ow-waters.html
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 09:31   #2323
Senior - BHPian

Another guy on this thread faced the problem as well - in faridabad apparently

https://www.facebook.com/HondaAmazeC...al_comments=32

Even driving the car in rainy conditions / not a waterlogged road seems to cause it.

http://www.consumercomplaints.in/com...t-c853295.html

All the complaints so far appear to be wrt diesel amaze models - and each time, a bill of ~ 2 lakh rupees, not all of which insurance tends to cover.

Is this limited to diesel amaze? Or is the petrol model vulnerable to hydrolock as well?

[[edit]] seems honda introduced an air intake mod for the amaze in aug 2013 to fix this? See http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3552357

I have driven my petrol amaze through some fairly shallow rainwater puddles on roads during the past months of the rainy season and this has not, thank God, occurred to me so far.

Last edited by hserus : 9th October 2014 at 09:41. Reason: update post with tech details
Old 9th October 2014, 20:45   #2324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
My cousin's Amaze Diesel VX MT had major problems after the engine died in a shallow pool of water. The car was at the service center for two months and the cost of repair came to a little more than a lakh. Has anyone come across this issue?

Details in this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ow-waters.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
My diesel Amaze is from the first batch of vehicles manufactured. April 2013. I have done 27000 kms since then and on more than one occasion( latest being yesterday night ) have driven through much deeper water than seen in this pic. I have never faced any issues wrt to hydrolocking. The only issue I faced was ineffective brakes which would need pumping the brake pedal to get back the bite.

Also , Honda recalled all Amazes to replace this particular part

Now what should you do :

1- check the VIN number to see date of manf and check if this vehicle came with the modified part
2- if it's from the batch of vehicles which had the old part , then check if this was replaced later on
3 - if this part wasn't replaced , then it's Honda that has to pay for these repairs and not the insurance company

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 30th October 2014, 22:12   #2325
BHPian

Motorbash has put out a story saying Honda to launch Amaze CNG soon. A company fitted CNG kit with warranty and service benefits.

http://motorbash.com/honda-launch-am...india-shortly/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks