Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2015, 18:20   #2476
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Replace the indicator orvms with regular ones and use the indicator lights near your headlights? The orvm indicators are generally an addon, they dont replace the standard indicators.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 09:28   #2477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaze_piyush View Post

The blinker seems to be working fine, but it is broken.
I'd suggest stick a good quality 3m transparent tape to it to prevent water ingress and let it be as it is .

For such minor damage it's not worth it to buy a new mirror , unless you have 0 dep insurance and you want to claim it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Replace the indicator orvms with regular ones and use the indicator lights near your headlights? The orvm indicators are generally an addon, they dont replace the standard indicators.
We can't do that in the vx Amaze , as no turn indicator lights are present on the fender of this car as opposed to the lower spec models which have turn indicators on the fenders .

So for the sake of the law the mirror turn indicators must work in the vx variants of the Amaze . As there is no provision to for turn indicators on ths fenders.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th August 2015 at 10:08. Reason: Quoting the relevant post.
anky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 23:24   #2478
BHPian

My Honda Amaze Petrol S MT has run close to 2500 KMs. I have driven it on Uttarakhand hills and posted my experience earlier. I got the 3M Shultz under-body treatment and I think the noise the noise filtering-in from pebbles etc has reduced a little.

Rest all is OK with the car except for disappointing performance at lower speed. When I go over speed-breakers in 2nd gear and then try to pick up speed, regardless of how I use throttle (gently or aggressively), the engine wakes up after some gap. The engine takes its own sweet time to gather pace. For a few seconds it seems engine has its own mind & goes unresponsive to throttle input! I still feel my 15 years old Santro had better low end.

The unresponsive engine issue becomes acute especially when car is loaded and AC is ON. During those moments I wonder if I took right decision of buying Amaze. I never thought I would be saying this, especially when I heard so much about iVTEC engine. Having said that, I read in blogs etc that even Swift Dzire has the same issue of poor engine response in lower gears. Maybe new generation small capacity engines are compromising driveablity for glorified higher BHP figures.

Nonetheless, I would take up the engine concern with technicians during my 2nd service. Honestly, I don't have much hope as I believe this is the characteristic of Amaze's engine. But still worth a try! Wondering if others too have observed such behaviour?!

Last edited by ms_rana : 11th August 2015 at 23:50. Reason: Revising sentence framing
Old 13th August 2015, 22:33   #2479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_rana View Post
Rest all is OK with the car except for disappointing performance at lower speed. When I go over speed-breakers in 2nd gear and then try to pick up speed, regardless of how I use throttle (gently or aggressively), the engine wakes up after some gap. The engine takes its own sweet time to gather pace. For a few seconds it seems engine has its own mind & goes unresponsive to throttle input! I still feel my 15 years old Santro had better low end.
As you have rightly observed, the low end torque below 1500 rpm is weak. You can partly manage it by taking it above 1500 rpm first, and then releasing the clutch. If your speed becomes really slow, best to slot it in 1st gear.

Having said that, starting with your first oil change till about 7000-8000 kms mileage, you will feel that the engine has opened up and is more eager to climb to the mid range where the torque is much stronger.
Old 17th August 2015, 08:33   #2480

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Have done 26k in my Amaze AT since Dec'13. I had back pain due to the seat. With a neck rest and regular exercise, that is now gone. Did Pune-Coorg in Mar and Pune-Goa in April without any back issues. I also do couple of Pune-Mumbai trips every month. Happy with the car overall. The avg. FE is around 13-14. You really get good FE if you follow the ECO light on dashboard .
Hi Bigwheelz, What is the mileage that you get on an AT? I am looking at Jazz AT as an option, the mileage of Amaze will give me some indication.
Thanks.
Old 20th August 2015, 23:12   #2481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishtin View Post
Hi Bigwheelz, What is the mileage that you get on an AT? I am looking at Jazz AT as an option, the mileage of Amaze will give me some indication.
Thanks.
It's 13-15 kmpl in city and 15-17kmpl on highways
Old 22nd August 2015, 20:35   #2482
BHPian

Guys, my amaze's front bumper got badly damaged and I am looking forward to replace it with a Mobilio RS's front bumper. I have contacted peninsular honda Trivandrum for the same. The guys there argued that Amaze is of a different platform and Brio and Mobilio are of the same platform and therefore they cannot replace it with a Mobilio RS's front bumper. I really want to replace the amaze' s front bumper with a Mobilio RS' s one. What should I do? Are such the parts available outside the Honda dealerships? Please help.
Old 30th August 2015, 18:33   #2483

I got my new Honda Amaze diesel around 4 days back and drove close to 550km from then. While the highway drive is effortless, stable and good, city driving is very tiring especially due to hard clutch and stiff gear shift. Is it something to expect from Amaze diesel? I thought if it is just my feeling due to using a petrol car till now, yes- I exchanged my Maruti Estilo K10 that I kept for around 6 years and drove close to 55k kms and felt it to be butter smooth till the very end, but then I remembered that I drove my brother's Swift diesel and Verna diesel several times on highways but never felt the clutch to be so hard.

Can you experts here, please pour in your thoughts. Is it something that I need to get checked with Honda service or will it loosen in a month or two?

Regards,
Satheesh
Old 30th August 2015, 21:09   #2484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvsatheesh View Post
I got my new Honda Amaze diesel around 4 days back and drove close to 550km from then. While the highway drive is effortless, stable and good, city driving is very tiring especially due to hard clutch and stiff gear shift. Is it something to expect from Amaze diesel? I thought if it is just my feeling due to using a petrol car till now, yes- I exchanged my Maruti Estilo K10 that I kept for around 6 years and drove close to 55k kms and felt it to be butter smooth till the very end, but then I remembered that I drove my brother's Swift diesel and Verna diesel several times on highways but never felt the clutch to be so hard.

Can you experts here, please pour in your thoughts. Is it something that I need to get checked with Honda service or will it loosen in a month or two?

Regards,
Satheesh
Welcome to Amaze club! I upgraded/ downgraded from swift diesel to Amaze and found Gear shifts to be very stiff. Even followed up with Honda for a long time and in the end had to adjust my driving style to suit the gearbox. However Clutch and Steering was lighter to operate than Swift.

Give it a month and you'll get use to it.
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 18:00   #2485

Suddenly seeing a new crack appearing on the windsheild. Friday night parked in covered garage & morning the cleaning guy said there was a crack. 2 days later the crack had increased by itself. It is not like something hit the windsheild, b'coz then there would have a shattered crack. This one is like the crack you see in a window pane.
Also this glass is supposed to be strong enough to withstand small dirt flying off the vehicle ahead while driving. So i wonder if this a manufacturing defect.

Spoke to the customer care. They said they need to see it to understand.
Had taken the extended warranty and 0% depreciation insurance option.
If it needs to be changed CC mentioned that would cost 10-12k and that people usually get it done under insurance.

Amaze is less than 1.5 years and less than 7K on the car. Used primarily to drive to-fro work. Work area parking is also in restricted / safe area. So i am wondering what to do next?

Has anyone else experienced such a thing?
Old 15th September 2015, 09:52   #2486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by user50 View Post

Has anyone else experienced such a thing?
Yes, I've experienced the same situation. One fine day, there was a crack in windshield and wanted to claim as manufacturing defect. After a lot of visits/mails, quietly replaced it under insurance.
panky12345 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 12:45   #2487

User50 and Panky12345, is it normal glass or the heat resistant one that comes on vx? Just trying to see if there is a commonality here.
Old 15th September 2015, 15:11   #2488

Mine is an Ex variant. Amaze Ex has what is called as "Green" windshield by Honda. But i thought all windshield glass are supposedly tough. My earlier car Maruti Zen never had any such issues.
Old 17th September 2015, 08:33   #2489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by user50 View Post
Suddenly seeing a new crack appearing on the windsheild. Friday night parked in covered garage & morning the cleaning guy said there was a crack. 2 days later the crack had increased by itself. It is not like something hit the windsheild, b'coz then there would have a shattered crack. This one is like the crack you see in a window pane.
Also this glass is supposed to be strong enough to withstand small dirt flying off the vehicle ahead while driving. So i wonder if this a manufacturing defect.
Sorry to see this! Did you hear anything from Honda?

Could be a fatigue failure. Maybe the windshield glass is not insulated that well from shocks when the car hits a rough patch.

Last edited by deetjohn : 17th September 2015 at 08:36. Reason: Fixing the wrong quote.
Old 2nd October 2015, 17:27   #2490
BHPian

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-capture-honda.jpg

Business Standard Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks