Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2021, 12:57   #2776
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawank View Post
Honda Amaze diesel manual. I am talking about the aftermarket workshops, they generally use 80w-90 in all manual transmissions be it a Honda, Maruti, Hyundai or etc.
Check your manual for what specification of gear oil the Amaze needs. Don't think pouring one grade of gear oil will work for all cars. Sure 80w90 is a very common specification but it is better to check first.
Old 23rd January 2021, 14:28   #2777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Check your manual for what specification of gear oil the Amaze needs. Don't think pouring one grade of gear oil will work for all cars. Sure 80w90 is a very common specification but it is better to check first.
I checked the manual, but they only mentioned that 'Use only Honda Genuine Manual Transmission Fluid(MTF). If Honda MTF is not available, you may use the API certificated SAE 0W-20 or 5W-20 viscosity motor oil
as a temporary measure.'

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-abc.png

Last edited by pawank : 23rd January 2021 at 14:30.
Old 23rd January 2021, 17:49   #2778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawank View Post
I checked the manual, but they only mentioned that 'Use only Honda Genuine Manual Transmission Fluid(MTF). If Honda MTF is not available, you may use the API certificated SAE 0W-20 or 5W-20 viscosity motor oil
as a temporary measure.'
This seems to be a 75w80 API GL4 gear oil so it is synthetic rather than the mineral 80w90 ones your mechanic is suggesting.

You can get 75w90 API GL4 gear oils from eg Zic, Liqui Moly etc on Amazon or in Lube shops and that should work.

Though as you don't change gear oil for at least 30k km there's nothing better than going to a Honda dealer and changing using their inhouse fluid.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 09:31   #2779
BHPian

Members and owners please help.
I have zeroed in the Amaze as my next car. I shall be exchanging my 10 year wagon r cng. The dilemma I am facing is this.
1. Petrol costs have breached the 100 rs mark and diesel is not far behind. Should I go in for diesel now?
2. Bs6 diesels I believe are quite high in maintenance hence apprehensive of investing .
3. I will be keeping the car for a long time. My running is expected to be not more than 6000 kms a year.
4. I live in a non metro city where traffic is not bad. I manage to drive in the 4th gear for most of the time at a sedate 40 - 50 kms/hr.
5. Going for diesel on my budget will mean going for the lower V or S variant. In petrol I can go for the top VX trim.
Please help me out guys.
Old 20th June 2021, 18:54   #2780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
3. I will be keeping the car for a long time. My running is expected to be not more than 6000 kms a year.
4. I live in a non metro city where traffic is not bad. I manage to drive in the
Just go for petrol with this kind of low running.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 23:50   #2781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
Members and owners please help.
I have zeroed in the Amaze as my next car. I shall be exchanging my 10 year wagon r cng. The dilemma I am facing is this.
1. Petrol costs have breached the 100 rs mark and diesel is not far behind. Should I go in for diesel now?
2. Bs6 diesels I believe are quite high in maintenance hence apprehensive of investing .
4. I live in a non metro city where traffic is not bad. I manage to drive in the 4th gear for most of the time at a sedate 40 - 50 kms/hr.
5. Going for diesel on my budget will mean going for the lower V or S variant. In petrol I can go for the top VX trim.
Please help me out guys.
Get the petrol eyes closed, the marginal difference in fuel costs isn’t worth the unrefined diesel with much higher nvh, also a diesel is slightly more expensive to service so it evens out the fuel savings more or less given your expected running. I have a 2013 petrol auto, it’s a great small car for the city but underpowered for the highway, also upgrade the headlights if you do a lot of night driving as stock lights are very poor, even on the 2nd gen currently on sale. Also, even the top model doesn’t get side airbags or ESP, which are crucial for added safety (especially if you’ll retain the vehicle for long). One more thing about the amaze, all variants are limited to 145 km/hr, which may be a deal breaker for some, as it’s not something you’re likely to notice on a test drive.

Would highly recommend looking at used options given the above, if you want new only, get the petrol VX auto, it’ll serve well for many years. Cheers.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 17:40   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjayant View Post
Dear All,

Driving a 2014 Amaze Diesel, around 72K on the ODO.

Ride quality has gone bumpy, Honda service centre suggests replacement of all the shock absorbers and I agree.

However, I don't find them too reliable either on their judgement or the estimate.

Would any of us have recommendations on a reliable service centre/garage in Gurgaon?
Try Blue Bird Auto in Sec 52 or IndoGerman Motors in Sec 62, I’ve had good experiences with both.
Old 23rd September 2021, 15:03   #2783

Hi Guys,

I have a concern regarding my 2015 Honda Amaze (1st Gen) Petrol MT.

I have been having a lot of suspension issues on my car and went for a complete overhaul last year November at an FNG.
The car was run 67000 km till then.
Cost me around INR 32K.

Since the overhaul, i get an extremely loud thud even if i go on small albeit sharp undulation on road.
The THUD can actually cause someone a heart attack if caught unaware.

Also the Front Right suspension has developed play already in a matter 10 months. There is a lot of irritating KHAT KHAT noise. (strangely the khat khat seems to vanish when i am driving in rains though).

Can someone help me understand what can be cause?

P.S. : I have my doubts that FNG has not done a competent job.
Old 18th October 2021, 13:58   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavb88 View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a concern regarding my 2015 Honda Amaze (1st Gen) Petrol MT.

I have been having a lot of suspension issues on my car and went for a complete overhaul last year November at an FNG.
The car was run 67000 km till then.
Cost me around INR 32K.

Since the overhaul, i get an extremely loud thud even if i go on small albeit sharp undulation on road.
The THUD can actually cause someone a heart attack if caught unaware.

Also the Front Right suspension has developed play already in a matter 10 months. There is a lot of irritating KHAT KHAT noise. (strangely the khat khat seems to vanish when i am driving in rains though).

Can someone help me understand what can be cause?

P.S. : I have my doubts that FNG has not done a competent job.
Take it to a Honda dealer and make sure you have a word with the actual technician who checks your car, if there’s an issue they’ll spot it. I assume your mechanic used OEM Honda suspension parts when doing the overhaul, if not then replace with original. Also check your tyres for alignment + balancing + road force calibration and lastly pressure. Also inspect steering tie rods and joints as well as wheel bearings to make sure everything is in good health. Cheers.
Old 26th April 2022, 17:14   #2785
BHPian

Sold my Honda Amaze VX ivtec 2015 in the month of february 2022 through spinny. Car was very well maintained with ODO at 35k kms. Got a decent price and the car found another family just with in a week in the pre used market. Other than some minor rattles here and there, it was a good experience with the Amaze. Honda should have made this car with heart, so that people who owned this do not suffer from a bit of inferiority complex. Finally I am back in the market for a new car and not able to decide on anything yet. As of now using a 2019 Swift AMT as beater.
Even now sometimes I feel sad for selling off Amaze with out even booking a new ride. I should have hold the car for some more time .
Old 16th May 2022, 11:10   #2786
BHPian

Dear All, i was on a lookout for a car (not in urgent need) for my wife as currently she drives an 8 year old Alto K10 manual. Though the car is maintained well, we were looking for a change of car just for 1) A Change 2) An Automatic. I came across an Amaze 2015 Petrol CVT model on an online aggregator portal which is driven 19k only. I booked the test drive and liked the car. However at present it has been reserved by some one else. I am told if the first party is not able to buy in a few days, i would be offered the same. Meanwhile i was looking for your opinion on this car as I am not able to find much reviews on the petrol CVT of first generation amaze here. Our use would be mostly in Delhi City Traffic and around 35 kms daily travel. I am looking for below info on this car

1) Overall car feedback specially the CVT
2) The Mileage it offers in City
3) Any potential or know problems with this model
4) Any thing else that i should be aware while buying this as second hand from a online aggregator.

Thanks in Advance
Old 15th July 2022, 00:48   #2787

Hey all,

I own a 2013 Honda Amaze S AT, bought it in 2019. Had a smooth experience & ownership until March 2022, wherein i met with an unfortunate accident (in bangalore), where the driver almost dozed off and rammed head-on with me (t'was a single lane road). Ever since the car's been at my regular FNG waiting to get repaired. It's been 4 months now and Honda has still not supplied us with the required part (11410RE2E00 - Engine timing case assembly) necessary to wrap the accidental repair. This is also affecting my insurance claim due to the long time gap. Its gotten very annoying now, that a supposed brand like honda is having a carefree, not bothered attitude. This spare part issue i haven't heard with the likes of VW/Skoda either. Looking at this delay, this is extremely horrendous on honda. Checked with boodmo too, while they gave a timeline of 25 days, they are uncertain if they'd be able to procure & deliver the part with some delay in expected timeline.

The honda ASC i am in touch with, for the required part mentioned, there are over 200 orders for the same part, across India despite which there has been no support & supply from the manufacturer.

This seriously needs to be highlighted, made aware to potential buyers and that their service support & spare part supply can no longer be claimed as reliable or worry free. Have tweeted my ordeal and shared on fb as well, even then there's hardly been any action & response from honda. Doesn't seem to be serious about the Indian market & its customers with this arrogance & lacklustre attitude. Never had such a bad experience with hyundai & suzuki. This has left me with a bitter taste of ownership with Honda, definitely never buying again and not recommending to known folks.

Can anyone here help me source the required part or connect me to honda officials please?

Thank you.
HulkkOfficial is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 08:30   #2788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkkOfficial View Post
It's been 4 months now and Honda has still not supplied us with the required part (11410RE2E00 - Engine timing case assembly) necessary to wrap the accidental repair. This is also affecting my
Try https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-11410re2e00-33312388/
Old 17th July 2022, 19:09   #2789

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Thanks for your reply. As mentioned, boodmo is unable to provide confirmation on availability of the part. Despite that have placed the order 5 days ago. Hopefully i get the part.
Old 27th July 2022, 13:10   #2790
BHPian

Honda ASS recommends a full suspension kit change for my 2013 Honda amaze, Do you guys recommend that I replace it with Honda's genuine kit or are there better aftermarket brands in terms of quality? Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks