Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2013, 14:03   #46

Re: Salvation - A Skoda Rapid TDI comes home

I am currently negotiating prices for the diesel ambition plus, and the best price quoted till now is 9.9L on road (minus insurance- my car lease vendor will handle that)

However, the dealer is now offering me a top end elegance at a discount of 1,40,000 from its sticker price - 10.6L on road. Only catch being that its a 2012 manufactured car.

Any risks with taking a 2012 car? I think its a good deal, price-wise.
arunh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 14:55   #47
BHPian

There are less chances of risks with 2012 manufactured car if it's manufactured in Novemeber/December. If it is early 2012, then there can be various problems like fading of paint, misfunctioning of door beadings (inner side). Also, you will face problems like lesser resale value. Do not mind it if you plan to keep the car for more than 5 years.
Being in Delhi, I don't have any idea about price in Bangalore. If you are okay, then it's fine. Be sure to perform a thorough PDI!
Old 30th May 2013, 16:33   #48
BHPian

I too agree with Loud's opinion. You can use the VIN decoder to find out about the date of manufacture. The VIN can be located through a small window on the bottom right corner of the front windscreen. While doing the PDI, you must be very careful. You must search through every nook and cranny before you bring her home.
PS. Also look at the Prestige model before finalizing the deal. You will be getting a recently manufactured car with more goodies than even the Elegance variant and at a price similar to that of the Ambition Plus model! It's a deal hard to resist.
Hope to see you join the family soon.
Cheers!

Last edited by Batfreak : 30th May 2013 at 16:35.
Batfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2013, 13:57   #49

Loud, the car is manufactured in July 2012 as per VIN decoder. I did a physical inspection of the car yesterday, and everything looks in order. No scratches, dents or signs of damage. Just seems dusty which I guess is normal for a car in the stockyard. The teambhp PDI checklist was very insightful.

Batfreak - I did consider the prestige series, but the pricing is a bit confusing. the Prestige elegance is priced closer to the ambition plus. However, there is not much discounts on the prestige, and it comes to 11.2 L. The accessories offered, in my opinion is not much value to burn that extra hole in the pocket.

- Wind visors
- Tomtom navigation system (not integrated, different screen)
- 'prestige' decal
- carpet flooring
- rear sensors (this is anyway standard fitment)

One advantage is that I will get a 2013 edition.

The choices I had was:

- Ambition Plus for 9.8L (2013)
- Elegance prestige for 11L (2013)
- Elegance for 10.5 (2012)

Elegance Plus 2013 model is close to 12L on road. I had my mind set on the Ambition plus, but the alloy wheels, bigger tyres, twin airbags, MFD was too tempting at just a 50K premium.

[b]I finally made the call to book it, and blocked the car yesterday. /B]

I should be getting the car by coming Friday, if my car lease process happens smoothly. Really excited, and cant wait to join the Skoda and the rapid clubs. Skoda has always been an aspiration brand for me (a lot of my friends have Skodas). I had initially booked a Honda Amaze and had to cancel owing to crazy waiting periods, but after experiencing the rapid, I feel good about changing my mind. Fingers crossed on the After-sales front

I am also fitting a JVC HU, which I had procured thinking I will be getting a Honda Amaze. Its a bluetooth, touchscreen 6" LCD - JVC KWAV61BT. Planning to get some leather treatment on the steering wheel, doorpads and gear knob as well.
arunh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2013, 17:09   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunh View Post
Loud, the car is manufactured in July 2012 as per VIN decoder. I did a physical inspection of the car yesterday, and everything looks in order. No scratches, dents or signs of damage. Just seems dusty which I guess is normal for a car in the stockyard. The teambhp PDI checklist was very insightful.

The choices I had was:

- Ambition Plus for 9.8L (2013)
- Elegance prestige for 11L (2013)
- Elegance for 10.5 (2012)

Elegance Plus 2013 model is close to 12L on road. I had my mind set on the Ambition plus, but the alloy wheels, bigger tyres, twin airbags, MFD was too tempting at just a 50K premium.

I finally made the call to book it, and blocked the car yesterday.

I should be getting the car by coming Friday, if my car lease process happens smoothly. Really excited, and cant wait to join the Skoda and the rapid clubs. Skoda has always been an aspiration brand for me (a lot of my friends have Skodas). I had initially booked a Honda Amaze and had to cancel owing to crazy waiting periods, but after experiencing the rapid, I feel good about changing my mind. Fingers crossed on the After-sales front

I am also fitting a JVC HU, which I had procured thinking I will be getting a Honda Amaze. Its a bluetooth, touchscreen 6" LCD - JVC KWAV61BT. Planning to get some leather treatment on the steering wheel, doorpads and gear knob as well.
Congratulations, my friend! Welcome the the Rapid Club. I can see the Rapid making rapid changes in the sales chart. I am also curious about Skoda A.S.S. but till now, everything seems butter-smooth in my case.

What is the colour finalised BTW?

Last edited by Loud : 2nd June 2013 at 17:10.
Old 2nd June 2013, 18:58   #51
BHPian

Congratulations buddy! Welcome to the club. The car is now almost a year old, but if all feels well, it must be fine enough. Just a heads up though, Parking sensors aren't a original manufacturer fitment on the Rapid. They come as standard on the Vento but not on the Skoda. Happy to see another guy join in. And yes, please write an initial ownership report on the forum. Frankly, I don't see the real need to upgrade the audio system. The Head unit is pretty good. Please share the cost of the Leather skins.
Cheers!
Old 2nd June 2013, 19:54   #52

Thanks Loud- Its cappuccino beige.

Batfreak- regarding sensors, I meant Skoda is giving aftermarket ones as a standard freebie, irrespective of the variant, so its not really a 'prestige' specialty.

I wouldnt have upgraded the HU, but the ones on the Honda Amaze was pretty basic, so I went ahead and bought one when I got a good deal from Dubai. Now I have no choice but to use it

I was told by dealer that painting beige over the sensors will spoil the sensor's ability. Any truth to these claims? Black sensors on beige looks out of place :( Will anyone do it on the outside? (just the painting)
arunh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 09:13   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunh View Post
I wouldnt have upgraded the HU, but the ones on the Honda Amaze was pretty basic, so I went ahead and bought one when I got a good deal from Dubai. Now I have no choice but to use it
I was told by dealer that painting beige over the sensors will spoil the sensor's ability. Any truth to these claims? Black sensors on beige looks out of place :( Will anyone do it on the outside? (just the painting)
Great choice on the color front, Arun. We ourselves were extremely confused between Silver and Beige. On the sensors front, I am not really sure. Isn't the dealer ready to install original Skoda RPS? A person in our locality had gotten the sensors installed from his dealer in Gurgaon. Sure, they are more expensive and cost close to 3500 bucks but still, they jibe well with the car. You may as well check at aftermarket dealers but it sure is tough to get the sensors in Beige. I would suggest that you insist on pre-colored sensors with your dealer. You may as well try other dealers in your city to see if they can give them to you.

P.S. I have heard that Torq itself manufactures the Skoda RPS. You may as well contact their helpline no.
A little guide to aftermarket parking sensors:Zigwheels Parking sensors guide
Batfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 16:11   #54
BHPian

Hi Batfreak, congrats on this wonderful buy and thanks for this detailed review. Just a couple of questions. Is that a SD card slot next to the AUX input in the ICE? Also how does one lift and clean the driver side wiper?
Old 19th July 2013, 18:35   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddarthbh View Post
Hi Batfreak, congrats on this wonderful buy and thanks for this detailed review. Just a couple of questions. Is that a SD card slot next to the AUX input in the ICE? Also how does one lift and clean the driver side wiper?
Thanks for the compliments. Yes that is an SD card slot that you see there. Any standard SD card can be used. That, however is very important due to the absence of the USB slot.
To clean the driver side wiper, one must bring it into the service position. To do so, flick the key to the accessories position and switch on the wiper. At the time when it is at its highest point, switch the key back to OFF. After you are done with your desired task, switching the key back to accessory will automatically bring the wiper to its standard position.
Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks