Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2013, 15:52   #16
BHPian

A few observations

Some observations over the last few days:
  • Only the driver's power window switch lights up. None of the other switches, even on the driver's side light up.
  • The dealership seems to have messed up the installation of the fog lamp switch, so the light turns on when the fog lamps are off and off when fag lamps are on.
  • Window cleaning spray has 3 nozzles and is very effective.
  • The audio system's USB does not accept MTP such as my Galaxy Nexus or my Dad's Galaxy S3 and only UMS is supported.
  • The new tires have significantly reduced road noise.
  • Audio system is pretty adequate so far, haven't felt the need to turn it up above level 8. That said, I am not a audiophile at all so take that with a pinch of salt.
  • Really like the fact the interiors are not a sea of beige like many of the other cars in India. The flooring is grey, dashboard is a dark grey. Only the seats, doorpads and roof lining is beige.
  • The boot hydraulic rams launch the boot up quite fast after just a short pull.
Old 14th April 2013, 16:23   #17
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 Kappa2 Sportz - The Crystal White Beauty with Alloys

Congrats on the car mate. The i10 is surely an pleasure to drive and zip around in traffic. My younger cousin uses an i10 too. Just a quick question, does the usb player read songs in your car with higher bitrates.. say 320 kbps and above... Because it doesn't read in his car, when the same question was asked to the Hyundai Technicians in Mumbai, they were competely clueless about it.
Old 16th April 2013, 14:18   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Congrats on the car mate. The i10 is surely an pleasure to drive and zip around in traffic. My younger cousin uses an i10 too. Just a quick question, does the usb player read songs in your car with higher bitrates.. say 320 kbps and above... Because it doesn't read in his car, when the same question was asked to the Hyundai Technicians in Mumbai, they were competely clueless about it.
Will check it out and let you know as soon as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got some time today, so tried to remove the dealer stickers on the car with my nails. It worked out pretty well for the stickers on the side, very little residue which came off with soap water. However, the sticker on the back was a different material, and upon removing, it left some slight white residue. It is not very visible unless you look at it closely, but I absolutely hate it. Any ideas on how to remove the residue would be very helpful.
Old 16th April 2013, 17:12   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
Will check it out and let you know as soon as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got some time today, so tried to remove the dealer stickers on the car with my nails. It worked out pretty well for the stickers on the side, very little residue which came off with soap water. However, the sticker on the back was a different material, and upon removing, it left some slight white residue. It is not very visible unless you look at it closely, but I absolutely hate it. Any ideas on how to remove the residue would be very helpful.
Hi Mate,

Try using Collen, if you remember, when similar stickers are stuck on our window glasses, Collen does the trick. Spray it on the sticky area to make sure that the residue is wet enough, and then wipe it off with the soft cotton cloth. Its the best bet...
Old 16th April 2013, 17:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Mate,

Try using Collen, if you remember, when similar stickers are stuck on our window glasses, Collen does the trick. Spray it on the sticky area to make sure that the residue is wet enough, and then wipe it off with the soft cotton cloth. Its the best bet...
Would it work as effectively on metal ? The stickers were on the left and right fender and the boot lid, and not on the glass.
I have seen some websites which recommend nail polish remover, but not sure how safe it is.

Last edited by nipcarlover : 16th April 2013 at 17:25.
Old 16th April 2013, 23:02   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I use a HP v165w 8gb pen drive and formatted it to Fat32 and all the songs are of 320 kbps and there is no problem at all. Mine is a Magna variant so the audio head is of a Sony and not a Hyundai OEM.
kaka46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 12:08   #22
BHPian

Some new pics:

Quote:
Just tried out a 320 kbps file using my Sandisk Cruzerblade 8GB pendrive and it works perfectly OK. Maybe something was wrong with your file or the pen drive.

Also, bought a AUX cable. Works fairly well, but volume is a lot less compared to USB, but that was expected as had already experienced in the Getz.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few new pics of the car, the alloys and wider tires have improved the stance so much.
Hyundai i10 Kappa2 Sportz - The Crystal White Beauty with Alloys-img_0165.jpg

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 Sportz - The Crystal White Beauty with Alloys-img_0166.jpg

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 Sportz - The Crystal White Beauty with Alloys-img_0167.jpg

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 Sportz - The Crystal White Beauty with Alloys-img_0170.jpg

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 Sportz - The Crystal White Beauty with Alloys-img_0171.jpg

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 Sportz - The Crystal White Beauty with Alloys-img_0172.jpg

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 Sportz - The Crystal White Beauty with Alloys-img_0173.jpg

Can see the slight residue above the i10 logo :
Hyundai i10 Kappa2 Sportz - The Crystal White Beauty with Alloys-img_0174.jpg

Last edited by nipcarlover : 17th April 2013 at 12:24. Reason: Removed extra emoticon, added a point
nipcarlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2013, 11:53   #23
BHPian

Thanks mate, will retry playing the songs, probably, maybe the pendrive needs formatting once, and hopefully, once that is done, should start playing songs then.

Nice alloys bro... Meanwhile, for that stain, why don't you try giving your car a Diesel Wash.. Though the mark may not go in one wash, but it will fade. Also post that, you can apply 3M polish on that part once the washing is done. Apply the polish via hand application and wipe it off by using soft cotton cloth. This should also substantially reduce the stain
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 11:30   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate, will retry playing the songs, probably, maybe the pendrive needs formatting once, and hopefully, once that is done, should start playing songs then.

Nice alloys bro... Meanwhile, for that stain, why don't you try giving your car a Diesel Wash.. Though the mark may not go in one wash, but it will fade. Also post that, you can apply 3M polish on that part once the washing is done. Apply the polish via hand application and wipe it off by using soft cotton cloth. This should also substantially reduce the stain
It's not actually a stain as such, but there is a bit of gum residue which keeps attracting dust particles which give it a stain-like look. Would using diesel remove such a stain? Also, is it OK if I leave it as is for a month and a half and get it done by the ASS during the first free service which is either in 2-3 months or 1000-1200 km.
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
It's not actually a stain as such, but there is a bit of gum residue which keeps attracting dust particles which give it a stain-like look. Would using diesel remove such a stain? Also, is it OK if I leave it as is for a month and a half and get it done by the ASS during the first free service which is either in 2-3 months or 1000-1200 km.
Hey buddy,

You know how this guys at the ASS wash the car, typically,we all end up giving the cars on the weekends for servicing, and hell breaks loose on these days. None of the service centres are geared up for that kind of Loads. And washing the car properly is the last thing on their minds. I would recommend, try diesel washing the car once. and then even if the residue remains, as it is the service is coming up.
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:19   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Hey buddy,

You know how this guys at the ASS wash the car, typically,we all end up giving the cars on the weekends for servicing, and hell breaks loose on these days. None of the service centres are geared up for that kind of Loads. And washing the car properly is the last thing on their minds. I would recommend, try diesel washing the car once. and then even if the residue remains, as it is the service is coming up.
I'd say that is true for most service centers, but the ASS in Ahmedabad - Neighborhood Motors- is actually owned by a BHPian and is a really good service center. Also, I will personally be there during the service. I was just worried if it would become more stubborn if I keep it like that
Old 2nd May 2013, 15:52   #27
BHPian

Nice review.
Covers almost all the minute details I had noticed.
I had bought my i10 kappa 2 Sportz in May 2011.
It has done 25000 km till date with no issues.
The music player is one of the best oem system in its class if you use it wisely with 320 kbps songs.
Still feels as good as new.
bhpindian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 19:21   #28
BHPian

1 month update

It has now been just over a month since the delivery of the car and it has now completed near enough 600 KM.
Hyundai i10 Kappa2 Sportz - The Crystal White Beauty with Alloys-20130504-14.38.13.jpg

One fault has popped up with the car. The passenger side door beading keeps coming out. Put it back in 3-4 times, but kept coming out. So, took the car to the dealership (service center right behind it) to get it fixed. As it was quite late and they were just closing, a person hammered it in with a cloth wrapped around the hammer. But it still keeps coming out. I intend to get it replaced at the first free checkup service which is at 2-3 months/1000-1200 KM.

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 Sportz - The Crystal White Beauty with Alloys-20130504-14.57.26.jpg

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 Sportz - The Crystal White Beauty with Alloys-20130504-14.57.38.jpg

Also, had a incident with the car when a rickshaw cut across, bending the front number plate and causing a slight scratch near it . I wanted to get the actual HSRPs fitted to the car, what is the procedure to get that done from the RTO?

A random pic I took from my phone:

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 Sportz - The Crystal White Beauty with Alloys-20130504-14.53.361.jpg

Will also be less active on the forum for a month and a half as I have Cambridge AS-Level Board exams from May 7th to June 12th
Old 12th May 2013, 19:52   #29
BHPian

Door Beading fault

Quote:

One fault has popped up with the car. The passenger side door beading keeps coming out. Put it back in 3-4 times, but kept coming out. So, took the car to the dealership (service center right behind it) to get it fixed. As it was quite late and they were just closing, a person hammered it in with a cloth wrapped around the hammer. But it still keeps coming out. I intend to get it replaced at the first free checkup service which is at 2-3 months/1000-1200 KM.

Attachment 1080631

Attachment 1080632
Seems now that even the driver's side door beading is coming out , can any i10 owners comment on whether it is a known fault? It is coming out in a very similar way to the photos above. It rubs on the door causing it to slow and not shut properly. I am also worried that it will cause rubber marks on the door pad.
Old 24th May 2013, 22:10   #30
BHPian

The i10 just suffered from another wound a couple of hours ago

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 Sportz - The Crystal White Beauty with Alloys-img_20130524_220205.jpg

Seems the first checkup service is going to be coming a bit early

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks