Team-BHP - Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/134845-honda-city-v-sunroof-fell-love-inspite-rising-cost-petrol-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 3090966)
Congratulations on your new ride. Quite an interesting buying process from a diesel sedan to buying a Petrol AT. Any reasons for not opting for the vermilion red colour? After reading reading your buying experience I was sure you would book that colour.

Hi Mohit, thanks for reading through, We wanted to go with a darker shade, I would have loved to own the red. (I still envy when I see others with that colour around) However, I had booked the car much before, even Honda started manufacturing the 2012 version. And intially, in the first lot they manufactured only light colours. As it is for lighter shade, I had to wait for 4 months, becuase as per the SA, he informed me that unless honda gets sizeable orders for a particular variant, they don't manufacture that variant. In my case probably many prospective customers didn't see any value in buying an Automatic with Sunroof, and that kept delaying the production and so my delivery. Infact, customers who booked cars much later, had already got the delivery of their beauties and were already driving. I had expected my car to be the first car in Mumbai that time. Alas...

Congratulations buddy. Wishing you a nice, enjoyable and fuss free ownership experience.

Me too drive a City V-AT. I use the 'D' mode sans paddlers for city drives but use the 'S' mode with paddlers on highways. That is when you get some open road ahead and try red lining the eager iVtec. The 'S' mode with paddlers is an addictive proposition for the enthusiast in me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B103 (Post 3092220)
Congratulations buddy. Wishing you a nice, enjoyable and fuss free ownership experience.

Me too drive a City V-AT. I use the 'D' mode sans paddlers for city drives but use the 'S' mode with paddlers on highways. That is when you get some open road ahead and try red lining the eager iVtec. The 'S' mode with paddlers is an addictive proposition for the enthusiast in me.

Same here mate... But I get over enthu even in traffic and use the 'S' even in City drives. Have you noticed, I get marginally better mileage when I dive the car with paddle shifts. How has been your experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawnilrules (Post 3089350)
Hi team,
posting some random shots of the car

Attachment 1071086

Average Giving By the car

Attachment 1071087

Live to Drive Sticker on the car, finds many head turners

Attachment 1071088

The view from the sunroof

Attachment 1071095

Parking lights on, Even they say, I have my own attitude

Attachment 1071096

Parked side by side @ my office, with my reportees, Fiesta, well, didnt I say, my juniors drove better cars, while I went to work in an Estilp

Congratulations on your new ride. Wishing you thousands of safe miles on this one. :)
I really appreciate your decision to go for an AT. I think the AT is a boon to drive in bumper to bumper city traffic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 3090966)
Congratulations on your new ride. Quite an interesting buying process from a diesel sedan to buying a Petrol AT. Any reasons for not opting for the vermilion red colour? After reading reading your buying experience I was sure you would book that colour.

I think the vermillion red color is not available anymore on the Honda City. They have replaced it with a maroon like shade which they call Carnellian Red Pearl. The ANHC looked awesome in the vermillion red shade. The removed this shade when they came out with face-lifted version.

Hi guys,

Now is the time to upgrade the car in terms of the ICE. Had gone to the Honda dealership yesterday evening to check out the Caska Unit. They quoted me INR 63,000 for the head unit (8'' screen), with reverse camera and GPS from MaymyIndia. This price hasn't really gone down well with me, apart from retaining the OEM look, there is nothing great that this Caska Unit does. In fact, when I played the same song likewise on the stock alpine system and then on the Caska System, I found the quality of sound (read as clarity) was much better in the Alpine Unit. What is your opinion on it friends.

As I don't intend to change from the OEM look, I am planning to keep the Alpine Stock Unit in place and only upgrade the speaker setup. I am planning to install Focal Subwoofer with built in Amplifier which is of 4'' and can sit below the front seat and Rockford Component Speaker Setup, and retain the current Tweeter. My only concern is, while the stock player be able to do justice to the setup.

Please provide your valuable inputs so that I can decide accordingly. please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawnilrules (Post 3091658)
Thanks Rambo... Wow... You must be enjoying the I-Vtec thoroughly on the Goan roads, me being goan too, as Goa is my native place, keep coming Goa twice in a year, and ask me about it, its a bliss to drive the car on the winding roads there..

To anwser your queries, I haven't really seriously heard the vibrations from the roof cover. Will definately give a ear this time to listen for any vibrating sounds and keep you updated. My tires squeel when I brake the car harder. I dunno whether it is a function of skinny tire sets given or otherwise. I never have tires squeeling on the XUV-500 or my Estilo, under same driving situations. (I specifically tested on both the cars). However, when I informed the same to the technicians in Honda, they said its common in Honda cars.

May be the experts here could help us out with it.

Do post the pictures of your machine too. Thanks

Hey Rambo,

I did give a keen ear for the vibrations from the sunroof cover, I was not able to hear any. I drove the car couple of kms with music off and on various patched roads in Mumbai. Thankfully, there is no sound what so ever from it.

Thanks,

folks,

Unfortunately while traveling last night from Pune, my bag was stolen and along with it... my City keys too... :Frustrati

Any idea, how many days would it take to procure one.

Hi sawnilrules,

Sorry to hear about your bag, hope you haven't lost something too valuable in it.

I had a query regarding the fuel being used in your City AT. I read somewhere in a Team-BHP post by a user, that only premium petrol has to be filled. Is that the case? And if yes, have you ever filled regular petrol in it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by keshiba (Post 3099308)
Hi sawnilrules,

Sorry to hear about your bag, hope you haven't lost something too valuable in it.

I had a query regarding the fuel being used in your City AT. I read somewhere in a Team-BHP post by a user, that only premium petrol has to be filled. Is that the case? And if yes, have you ever filled regular petrol in it?

Hi Keshiba!!!

I have been using normal fuel in the car, however, have stuck to one single petrol pump for fueling up. I have a company owned HP Petrol Pump bang opposite my residence, so it serves my purpose. Also, I distinctly remember, my Service Advisor telling me against using premium fuel, as they contain additives which may negatively impact the engine performance.

Thanks sawnilrules!

Since I am scouting for a petrol car the City was on my radar. But the premium fuel-only was a let down. Thanks for clarifying as I wanted an actual user to tell me this rather than a dealership rep, who would basically tell me what I want to hear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keshiba (Post 3099784)
Thanks sawnilrules!

Since I am scouting for a petrol car the City was on my radar. But the premium fuel-only was a let down. Thanks for clarifying as I wanted an actual user to tell me this rather than a dealership rep, who would basically tell me what I want to hear.

Close your eyes and buy the City my friend... It is one of the finest car you can own in Petrol. The engine is super silent to the extent that, I end up cranking an On engine many a times. The only soar point in the car (if you are not gizmo freak) is the headlights, they are awful. You will miss couple of exciting features viz a viz the competition, but then you get an amazing car, with mind-blowingly good fuel efficiency and when in mood, can keep cars with more power behind your wing mirror.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keshiba (Post 3099784)
Thanks sawnilrules!

Hi as Sawnil pointed out, irrespective of whether you buy the MT or the AT, Honda suggests that you use normal fuel.

Hey folks,

Roughly, 12000 kms on the ODO and then therefore the 4th service of the car is due. The car is just over 1 year and 1 day old today.clap:

A strange thing I have been noticing for couple of days. I have one fixed fuel pump for tanking up my car, it is a HP company owned petrol pump, and I usually fuel up the car late in the night. Sometimes, it does happens that the fuel is running low and I fuel up at non regular petrol pumps too. But I never tank up at those pumps, to the maximum I put fuel worth Rs. 1000, which sufficiently takes me home. Strangely, now a days, whenever I fuel up at these non regular petrol pumps, the fuel gauge does not rise. Fuel gauge remains at empty, even after filling around 13 ltrs of fuel, considering Rs. 73 a fuel cost in Mumbai. And this has not happened, once or twice, it is a regular affair, whenever I fuel up in the afternoons.

Even yesterday afternoon my car fuel gauge was nearing empty, and while driving down to my client's place, I had put 13 ltrs of fuel in the tank, the fuel gauge did not rise. After driving for another 10 odd kms, empty sign glowed on the console. Today morning, while coming back to office, I fueled up again, as had forgotten to tank up the car last night, but chose to put another 7 ltrs of fuel to randomly check if the fuel gauge rises up. To my dismay, even today it did not rise. :Frustrati I switched off the car and restarted it, but still the empty light did not go. Distance to Empty displayed was 21 kms. I reached BKC Signal after driving around 14 kms or so, and distance to empty displayed was 9 kms. I switched off the engine, and cranked it after 3 mins when signal started, and voila, suddenly the fuel gauge went up to half tank, but distance to empty remained same at 9 kms. I drove down to office, went around in the town and again came back to office, with fuel gauge at half tank and now distance to empty stands at 0 km.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawnilrules (Post 3102451)
Hey folks,

Roughly, 12000 kms on the ODO and then therefore the 4th service of the car is due. The car is just over 1 year and 1 day old today.clap:

A strange thing I have been noticing for couple of days. I have one fixed fuel pump for tanking up my car, it is a HP company owned petrol pump, and I usually fuel up the car late in the night. Sometimes, it does happens that the fuel is running low and I fuel up at non regular petrol pumps too. But I never tank up at those pumps, to the maximum I put fuel worth Rs. 1000, which sufficiently takes me home. Strangely, now a days, whenever I fuel up at these non regular petrol pumps, the fuel gauge does not rise. Fuel gauge remains at empty, even after filling around 13 ltrs of fuel, considering Rs. 73 a fuel cost in Mumbai. And this has not happened, once or twice, it is a regular affair, whenever I fuel up in the afternoons.

Even yesterday afternoon my car fuel gauge was nearing empty, and while driving down to my client's place, I had put 13 ltrs of fuel in the tank, the fuel gauge did not rise. After driving for another 10 odd kms, empty sign glowed on the console. Today morning, while coming back to office, I fueled up again, as had forgotten to tank up the car last night, but chose to put another 7 ltrs of fuel to randomly check if the fuel gauge rises up. To my dismay, even today it did not rise. :Frustrati I switched off the car and restarted it, but still the empty light did not go. Distance to Empty displayed was 21 kms. I reached BKC Signal after driving around 14 kms or so, and distance to empty displayed was 9 kms. I switched off the engine, and cranked it after 3 mins when signal started, and voila, suddenly the fuel gauge went up to half tank, but distance to empty remained same at 9 kms. I drove down to office, went around in the town and again came back to office, with fuel gauge at half tank and now distance to empty stands at 0 km.

Hey Sawnil, I think I know whats happening here. The City has a fuel tank capacity of 42 litres and the low fuel indicator comes on when you have appx 10 litres or thereabouts in the tank. When do you normally refill ? When the low fuel light comes on or you stick to the fuel gauge ?

I have normally obeserved that a full tank-first cut refill normally lets you fill about 30-31 litres of fuel.

I suggest that you do a full tank, then get back to your normal refills as soon as the low fuel indicator comes on.
Hope this helps.
Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baddychat (Post 3106384)
Hey Sawnil, I think I know whats happening here. The City has a fuel tank capacity of 42 litres and the low fuel indicator comes on when you have appx 10 litres or thereabouts in the tank. When do you normally refill ? When the low fuel light comes on or you stick to the fuel gauge ?

I have normally obeserved that a full tank-first cut refill normally lets you fill about 30-31 litres of fuel.

I suggest that you do a full tank, then get back to your normal refills as soon as the low fuel indicator comes on.
Hope this helps.
Cheers

Thanks Mate... My refilling timeframe varies depending on the location that I am in. I avoid tanking up the car at unknown petrol pumps, and If empty sign glows, usually fill up between 7 ltrs or 14 ltrs in the car, and tank up in the night subsequently.

One interesting point that reminds me, I have tried various permutations and combinations, however I am never able to fuel up more than 30 ltrs in the car whenever I tank up. Even the service advisors found it interesting, but had no clue why this happens.:Frustrati