Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2013, 11:00   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post

Thanks Rambo... Wow... You must be enjoying the I-Vtec thoroughly on the Goan roads, me being goan too, as Goa is my native place, keep coming Goa twice in a year, and ask me about it, its a bliss to drive the car on the winding roads there..
Hi sawnilrules,

Since you mentioned Goa means you have driven considerably on highways. How does this car behave on highways? I'll jot down specific queries and would love it if you can answer them.

1. Does the car struggle while overtaking on highway? Especially if you don't use paddle shifters.

2. How does it brake on highways where speeds are almost touching 100km/hr?

3. If you drive for long in 'S' mode, does it affect the engine adversely? (Getting heated up etc)
Old 5th May 2013, 22:17   #32
BHPian

Re: Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshiba View Post
Hi sawnilrules,

Since you mentioned Goa means you have driven considerably on highways. How does this car behave on highways? I'll jot down specific queries and would love it if you can answer them.

1. Does the car struggle while overtaking on highway? Especially if you don't use paddle shifters.

2. How does it brake on highways where speeds are almost touching 100km/hr?

3. If you drive for long in 'S' mode, does it affect the engine adversely? (Getting heated up etc)
Hi Keshiba,

I keep doing lot of highway runs with the car, I keep shuttling between Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai, Mumbai-Nasik-Mumbai and Mumbai-Goa-Mumbai. If you are looking at City meagerly as a machine to take you from point A to point B with comfort, City handles the highway perfectly well. However, if you are an enthusiastic driver, then let me be honest to you, the City has the capacity to be a brilliant handler and a point and shoot machine, taking into consideration its taut chassis and equally capable gem of a engine, however, the problem with the car are its puny tires. Tires start squealing at the slightest hint of cornering at high speeds, read here as above 100 km/hr and my car runs on Michelin's. For speeds marginally below 100 km/hr, car handles and behaves well. A tire upgrade will improve the handling dramatically, and the car will be in its own league then, but sadly, warranty becomes Void if you upgrade tires. As Honda claims that it will affect the car's suspension.

Now coming to your other questions

1) Nops I haven't felt that the car is struggling to overtake at highways, with slightest touch to the accelerator pedal, the car surges ahead with an sense of urgency

2) The braking is spot on. The ABS in conjunction with EBD works pretty well. Even during emergency braking situations, the car comes to a linear stop without loosing track.

3) I drive only is S mode with paddle shifts whether in city or highways, I am quite addicted to it. I haven't faced engine over heating issues of any sort. Also, I have never revved the car over 3000 rpm. While driving in 'D' mode, the car shifts gears between 2000-2300 rpm.
sawnilrules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 23:06   #33
BHPian

First Paid Service Experience and Service Cost:

11970 kms on board now and got my first paid service done yesterday, 4th May 2013. We purchased the car from Solitaire Honda and hence have stuck through out with them during free services, and hence decided to get my first paid service from them only.

Took my car for servicing at around 11:30 am, Service advisor Mr. Bhavin has been attending my car all the times I took it for service in the past, this time too, I handed over my car to him. Apparently Bhavin handles all the Team BHP forum members Honda vehicles whenever they go for service at Solitaire. He was visibly happy when he saw the Team-Bhp sticker on my car. Trust me, the Team-Bhp sticker on car does help everywhere. So coming back to service, handed over the car to Bhavin, did tell him about the fuel gauge issue that I was facing. ( I have mentioned it earlier in the post). The work to be done was Engine Oil Change, Fuel Filter Change, Brake Oil top up, and general check up of the car. The estimated time of delivery was 19:00 hrs in the evening.

One thing I must say about Solitaire Honda guys, whatever time they commit for delivery after service, they have always ensured that the commitment given to the customer is honored. So at 18:45 in the evening, I got a call from Bhavin that my car is ready and I can come and collect it.

Work carried out on the car

Engine Oil and Fuel Filter Changed
Brake Oil topped up
Suspension setup tightening
Brake Pads tightening
Liquid washer for windscreen
The Fuel gauge problem solved by resetting the ECM module for Instant Fuel economy. (hope this solves the issue)
Overall Check up where it was found out that there are minor under belly scratches on the chassis, otherwise the car is in perfectly fine condition

Charges Paid inclusive of labour INR 2365/- Not bad at-all, considering the fact that I had done my last service in the month of October 2012. Overall, I have found the service experience to be better, considering the fact that I upgraded from Maruti. I give my Zen Estilo for serving at Spectra Motors, and never till date in last 6 years, have got my car back as per the commitment. Yes, volume of cars for servicing also does play a role here, but still, a whatever said and done, a commitment made to a customer, needs to be honored at any given cost.

Though I had planned ICE upgrade, but yet have not gone for it. However, will be sending the car for 3M quote coming saturday to restore back the shine of the car.
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 16:46   #34
BHPian

AVN System Update

Hi folks,

I had written a mail to the guys at Honda, asking them about the fitment of AVN in my car, as a part of accessory as I was not interested in buying and installing a Caska system in my car, as I never found it worth, 60 grands. Below is the mail, that I had written to the Honda guys and the reply given by them.

Hi folks,

Greetings of the day!!!

I have been using the City A-VT Sunroof Model, for more than a year now, and I am absolutely delighted by not only it's Performance but also the mileage given by the car, considering the fact that it is an automatic transmission car.

Having said that, I have couple of grouses with the product:-
1) The Power Window Switches have no Illumination Strip, nor does the electronic wing mirror control switch illuminate. I mean common, how do you expect me to search for the switches in the night.
2) Twelve and a half lac car does not come with Bluetooth controlled Audio System, but still has 19th Century Audio System with USB Connectivity. However, I must say the Sound quality of the stock music system and speakers is way better than what I have heard in VW Vento, Fiat Linea or for that matter Hyundai Verna.
3) Why do we still have washing machine style levers for air circulations, Even a 5 lac Ritz has proper buttons.
4) OVRM's don't fold electronically, Entire product range except the Brio and City has it...
Coming to audio system, I was really excited when Honda launched the City with AVN System, as I wanted to upgrade to that system right away. But my high spirits were dampened by the accessory guys in various showrooms in Mumbai, stating that AVN system cannot be procured from Honda and as an alternative why don't you buy a Caska Unit, which is being sold as an aftermarket fitment.

I have a pretty simple question, why can't I buy an AVN system and fit it in my car? and If I can then, why is it that the dealers in Mumbai are refusing to take the orders of the same or at least enquire with the factory guys, before answering me

I am quite sure, that the accessory guys at dealerships are pushing me to go for the Caska Product, so as to meet their targets.

My car details are as follows:

Model: City A-VT (Sunroof Pack)
Year of Manufacturing March 2012
Delivery: April 2012
Vehicle Number: MH-02-CL-2117
Dealer purchased from: Solitaire Honda
Dealerships Inquired at: Solitaire Honda Borivali & Andheri & Linkway Honda Goregoan

Waiting for a positive reply regarding the same. As I am interested in fitting the AVN system in my car.

Regards,

NS

Following is the reply I have got today from them, and they have made some startling revelations too...

Dear Sir,
This has reference to your below communication received by us.
As regards to your query on fitment of AVN (Audio Video Navigation) system in your Honda car, we wish to inform that the O.E AVN is only available in Honda City VMT/AT with AVN varaint and this system cannot be installed in any other variant as the engine wiring harness, dashboard harness, the electronic control module and related electronic circuits are programmed and designed for it. The installation of our AVN (Alpine make) is hence not possible for any other model/variant.

As an accessory fitment (Not approved by Honda, Japan) our dealership may offer you CASKA make AVN systems which can be installed onto your Honda car however any part modified (wiring harness/ dash panels, etc) w.r.t to the originally equipped in your Honda Car will not be covered under purview of HCIL warranty. (Please refer to our warranty manual for further details).
For your comments on the product we wish to submit that the same shall be forwarded to our product planning department for future model references.
Hope the above satisfies your query suitably.

Kind regards,

Parampreet Singh
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Cars India Ltd., Greater Noida

Please note, the Caska System is not approved by Honda, Japan, that means, it obviously is not approved by Honda India also, however, in my recent interactions with the accessory guys, they have been harping that, the system is approved by Honda and it does not void any warranty on the product. And this was the precise reason, why dealers had hiked up the price of Caska Product. A product which originally costs not more than 30,000 is priced at almost about 57,000 in Mumbai...
Old 14th May 2013, 10:28   #35
BHPian

Pictorial Description of 2010 Vs 2012 City

Hi friends,

I thought of compiling pictorial guide of Old City VS 2012 City, for ready reference. I have shot mostly the exterior shots, would definitely post interior differences too as and when time permits.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-city-old-vs-new-front.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-city-rear-bumper.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-city-rear-quarter.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-fog-lamp-assembly-new.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-fog-lamp-assembly-old.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-ovrms.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-sunroof-tilted.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-factory-fitted-leather-upholstery.jpg  

Old 20th May 2013, 22:18   #36
BHPian

Mumbai-Shirdi-Mumbai in 36 ltr of Fuel

Hey folks,

I made a quick trip to Shirdi last weekend, as it was more than a year that we visited lasted. Traveled 530 km both ways, in single day and returned home unexhausted. Had taken the City out on the highway after almost 4 months and I was completely enjoying the drive.For almost 90% of the drive, the car was set on Cruise Mode, and I got an mileage of around 15.5km/ltr. For detailed drive report, I have posted the details on the travelogue section under following link- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...atic-city.html

Unfortunately, was not carrying a camera along with me, so could not click photos on the way. But am heading to Goa this weekend and would definitely post some snaps and detailed drive description then when I return from the trip.

Post my paid service, I have already clocked more than 1000km on board & I am enjoying every bit of the car. Even after 13000 km on ODO, the car still feels & rides like brand new.
Old 21st May 2013, 18:37   #37
BHPian

Re: Pictorial Description of 2010 Vs 2012 City

Quote:
Hi friends,

I thought of compiling pictorial guide of Old City VS 2012 City, for ready reference. I have shot mostly the exterior shots, would definitely post interior differences too as and when time permits.
Nice thing that you did a comparison of the Old ANHC v 2012 ANHC.
I have always preferred the exteriors of the Older one, not because I own one but primarily due to 2 things, the front grille and the fog lamp housing. I am one of those consumers who want chrome at a minimum both on the outside and inside. The rest of the chrome is still acceptable but the one on the front grille was something that they could have avoided. They gave it an actual face lift.

The only reason I can think of as to why the fog lamp housing changed was because they wanted a single bumper part across all the variants of the CITY. The lower variants come with a fog lamp slot which was not the case in the older version. You had to get the bumper changed if you wanted fog lamps added. The change is sensible for the end user but the body colored housing used to look much better.

The interiors on the new city are better than the older one in IMO.
Old 21st May 2013, 19:41   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Nice thing that you did a comparison of the Old ANHC v 2012 ANHC.
I have always preferred the exteriors of the Older one, not because I own one but primarily due to 2 things, the front grille and the fog lamp housing. I am one of those consumers who want chrome at a minimum both on the outside and inside. The rest of the chrome is still acceptable but the one on the front grille was something that they could have avoided. They gave it an actual face lift.

The only reason I can think of as to why the fog lamp housing changed was because they wanted a single bumper part across all the variants of the CITY. The lower variants come with a fog lamp slot which was not the case in the older version. You had to get the bumper changed if you wanted fog lamps added. The change is sensible for the end user but the body colored housing used to look much better.

The interiors on the new city are better than the older one in IMO.
@ Baddychat, I agree with you on the bumper designing part, otherwise there is no other logical reason behind doing that. But I hope you agree with the fact that the tail-light design on the 2012 City looks stunning as compared to the older version. And yes the interiors indeed look far more sophisticated, even though we have washing machine style buttons
Old 21st May 2013, 19:51   #39
BHPian

Quote:
@ Baddychat, I agree with you on the bumper designing part, otherwise there is no other logical reason behind doing that. But I hope you agree with the fact that the tail-light design on the 2012 City looks stunning as compared to the older version. And yes the interiors indeed look far more sophisticated, even though we have washing machine style buttons
Oh yes I missed out on the tail light thing. Yes the new one looks way better. I could swap those for mine any day Also the rear bumper treatment is pretty nifty.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 14:38   #40
BHPian

1450 KM in 4 days using 100 ltr of fuel.

I am back from a lovely Mumbai-Goa-Mumbai trip. Had an amazing drive on the Mumbai-Bangalore Expressway both ways. Will add a detailed travelogue soon. Meanwhile, attaching a teaser snap for your eyes...
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-934635_10151455725293284_1485601068_n.jpg  

Old 29th May 2013, 19:39   #41
BHPian

Hi sawnilrules! Congratulations on your new ride!!. A very nice and detailed review I must say. The City looks best in white. Do post your travelogue soon. Wishing you happy miles with your ride!
GreyAsta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 14:10   #42
BHPian

17000 kms update and some random shots

My work related travel had kept me extensively busy and hence could not update on the thread. My apologies for the same. . Days have flown and so have the kms added on my Odometer. The car has crossed now 17000 kms, and have back to back traveled from Mumbai to Nasik, Nasik to Aurangabad, Aurangabad to Mumbai and much recently Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai. The car contiues to put smile on my face even today moment I crank the engine and drive it out on the roads. I am penning down some observations/developments for all to note.
  • The overall Average of the car has marginally reduced. Earlier on highway runs, I used to get an average of 15 kms/ltr, however, it has now come down to 13.5 kms/ltr (tank full to tank full method). I believe, one reason for this could be varying quality of petrol that has gone in the car at various cities)
  • There are scratches & lines on the both the front discs and they are visible through the alloys (planning to have a word with my service advisor and get it changed under warranty)
  • The braking distance has marginally increased now, this may be due to the overall wear and tear from the brake pads (planning to get it changed during next service)
  • The engines growls at slightest pressure on the accelerator paddle, though its a sweet I-Vtec growl, but the sound kicks in at lower rpms. Earlier the I-Vtec note was audible at higher rpms.
  • Modern Diesel's are much faster than my Modern I-Vtec
Meanwhile, I had got a call today from HMIL, for the feedback on the overall performance of the car, my satisfaction levels with their dealership and any other feedback I would like to give to them. In my five years of Maruti Suzuki ownership, I hadn't recieved any call from them to check whether I was happy with their product. Now that's what I call, Customer Centricity, and then therefore no wonder, Honda leads in the JD Power survey in Overall Ownership Satisfaction.

PS- During my recent trip to Goa, I managed to click some snaps of my beauty, posting those now...
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-20130526_115714.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-20130526_115725.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-20130526_115735.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-20130526_115755.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-20130526_115841.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-20130527_133332.jpg  

Old 10th July 2013, 18:09   #43
BHPian

Random Shots- Rainy Perspective

In continuation to my earlier thread, As stated, work related travel kept me extensively busy, but last 10 days had been the busiest. I could really get the car dirty in rains. Usually, I hate it in the morning if my car is not clean in the morning. But last 3 days as I am again in Pune, could not get the car wash done. But this time I am not complaining as the rain smudged look has grown over me now. And trust me the car looks more beautiful with dirt all over it.

Posting some snaps to feast your eyes...
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc05292.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc05293.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc05294.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc05295.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc05296.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc05297.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc05299.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc05301.jpg  

Old 24th July 2013, 16:13   #44
BHPian

Modification 1 BMW Style parking lights

It has been 1.5 years that I have been using the City, and had couple of modifications planned since then. To list few of them...
  • BMW Style White Parking Lights
  • Bi Xenon Headlamps
  • AVN System
  • Carbon Fibre rooftop
  • White LED Foglamps

However, work related travel always kept me busy. Finally, today I got the BMW Style White Parking Lights installed in the car. It was a simple plug and play job, changed the bulbs from Yellow to White. Nothing significant though, but now the parking lights look more elegant.

I got the job done at Grand Prix Auto @ Kandivali Thakur Village, The bulbs costed me INR 350/-. Posting the snaps for before and after for your perusal.

PS- The car has completed 19000 km and is due for its second paid service soon. Next set of modification, i.e. fitting Bi-Xenon Headlamps would be carried out post the third service.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc05295.jpg  

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-img2013072400004.jpg  

Old 25th July 2013, 15:00   #45
BHPian

The leds over the number plate look good. put some better pics of it though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks