Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2013, 01:36   #16
BHPian

Re: A logical compromise: My Honda Amaze 1.5L i-DTEC

Congrats Motored Mindset for buying India's hot favorite Honda.

Do share some more of its pics, possibly of interior shots, shots of boot space, etc.
& other details like fuel efficiency, its driving feel, drive-ability(some more of it, possibly a daily routine drive experience).
Old 18th May 2013, 12:31   #17
BHPian

Hearty congratulations matey on the fabulous purchase! Was awaiting your thread with excitement! Do up the running in well and see the fabulous i-dtec give you endless joys up ahead. And please do post some interior pictures .

Drive long and safe!
Old 18th May 2013, 13:24   #18
BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations for you new car. Would love to have your feedback about NVH Levels of the car.
Old 18th May 2013, 15:50   #19
BHPian

Congrats on your new car ! And, thanks for the amazing and detailed initial ownership review. I was waiting for this for quite a long time. I had been checking the forums for some kind of news on Amaze. I had booked the same Diesel variant of Amaze and same color ! Hopefully it will be delivered by the end of this month !
Old 18th May 2013, 21:46   #20
BHPian

Congrats on this purchase ! You are one of the first few T-BHPian who got AMAZE(D). Good choice indeed.

Though we can keep on discussing whole night long on what Amaze has and it does not, it does not really matter as long as "You" are happy. If my dream allows, I would buy a Bugatti Veyron (Damn, it has too low a GC, and it will play see-saw over Bangalore humps).

It would be interesting to know how Honda would cope up with the A.S.S. for this new machine in the stable.

It would be even more interesting to get a ownership thread (from you or any fellow AMAZE(D) owners) one year down the line.

Cheers & Drive Safe !
Old 19th May 2013, 16:14   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

motored mindset, congrats on the outset for the wonderful purchase.
Very well written too. I do really envy you for your language skill. Though you had the disclaimer in the opening sentence that "the first post is of the purchase decision and if not interested, you can skip to the next post", after having read the report, I feel that it would have been a loss had I skipped over.

Congrats again, and you do pave the path forward by being one of the first "Amazes" in the forum
Old 20th May 2013, 12:45   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motored Mindset View Post
What I like:
The fuel efficiency. It made a die-hard petrol loving family astounded seeing a never before 18+ kmpl on the highway and 15 in the city.
Is the real-world fuel consumption at 18kmpl on the highway?
This seems a bit off from the advertised 25.8kmpl for the diesel.
(I understand your car is diesel-powered)
Old 20th May 2013, 15:09   #23
BHPian

Congratulations on the Amaze. I think Honda has got it right in both the hatchback and the sedan section with efficient machines in both the segments. All Hail Brio and Amaze !!
Old 20th May 2013, 19:13   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Well yours might be the first Amaze on team bhp. I wish you many happy miles of motoring with the small beauty and do keep this thread updated.
Take Care and Drive Safe.
Thank you for your wishes dZired! Glad its the first ownership report up. You can be assured that there will be many more up soon though, as I've seen quite a few mentions of the car in the "I booked my car thread".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Congratulations Motored Mindset!!! Amaze indeed is an amazing car to buy and own... Requesting you to post some interior shots of the car. I was amongst the many few, who who had got the chance to drive the car the day it arrived at the dealership. And I was simply Amazed by everything about it. Yes, the car does lack on some good to have features viz a viz its competition, but then hey, its got a gem of an engine which you are going to thoroughly enjoy... And don't worry, it won't let you feel, you are driving 10 year old car, even after you have lived with it for 20 more years after completion of those 10 years... :P
Thank you for you for your kind words sawnilrules That is very lucky indeed, we had to wait atleast a week after launch till a TD car arrived and the crowds at the dealership dissipated before we TD'd it.
Haha, I'm banking on Honda reliability to make sure it lasts as long as the Esteem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
I haven't even read your entire post. I just couldn't resist myself from congratulating you! Happy driving with this revolution from Honda :-)
Thank you for the wishes ZMG! Though the diesel engine is revolutionary because its a diesel, you'd be surprised how petrol-like it feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
Beautifully worded review and hearty congratulations on the new acquisition!

Can you elaborate a bit more on the cost of ownership being double of the petrol sibling?
Thanks
Thank you so much babhishek! I'm glad you liked the review. The sheer quality of other ownership reviews on the forum, means there is a pressure to make sure mine is up to the mark.

Regarding the cost of ownership, this is from a document that compares the Suzuki Dzire and the Honda Amaze available at all Honda dealerships marked "for private circulation" but available practically on every coffee table and couch for customers to go through. Its a comparison that Honda has done, so you can be sure the comparison with the Dzire is biased. This is why I haven't taken the comparison too seriously. The interesting bit however, is that they calculated per kilometer maintenance costs for the petrol and diesel amaze versus the petrol and diesel dzire. The per kilometer cost of maintaining a petrol Amaze is about 22 paise against the diesel's 40-odd paise - approximately double the maintenance cost, and something that's therefore been officially acknowledged by Honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Congrats Motored Mindset for buying India's hot favorite Honda.

Do share some more of its pics, possibly of interior shots, shots of boot space, etc.
& other details like fuel efficiency, its driving feel, drive-ability(some more of it, possibly a daily routine drive experience).
I'll be sure to put up additional photos and share more details! Thank you for your wishes CRtorquefan. I don't take the mileage indicator too seriously on a car, because I've traditionally found them to be very optimistic. However, on a recent trip on the NH17 to Kolad and back, the indicated mileage was 14.5 kmpl but the mileage I calculated between two top-ups showed 16 kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Hearty congratulations matey on the fabulous purchase! Was awaiting your thread with excitement! Do up the running in well and see the fabulous i-dtec give you endless joys up ahead. And please do post some interior pictures .

Drive long and safe!
Hahah, I was wondering when you'd see this thread buddy. As I've already said at the beginning of my review, thanks for the advice on buying into Honda. Luckily, I got goodyear and not MRF rubber. Will put up interior pics today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Heartiest Congratulations for you new car. Would love to have your feedback about NVH Levels of the car.
Thanks for the warm wishes rutvij. NVH levels are a mixed bag, upto 2,500-3,000 rpm the engine sound is par for the course. So in most city driving the engine sound hasn't been intrusive. A few people have walked up to the car while it was running and commented that its not as gruff sounding as they thought it would be.

Out on the highway though, I agree that the engine does have a buzzy, very apparent sound but from someone who has driven only petrol cars,
I'd term it just manageable. Not comfortable or refined sounding on the highway at all but not so bad that it hinders conversation or calls for turning up the ICE volume significantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravinkenator View Post
Congrats on your new car ! And, thanks for the amazing and detailed initial ownership review. I was waiting for this for quite a long time. I had been checking the forums for some kind of news on Amaze. I had booked the same Diesel variant of Amaze and same color ! Hopefully it will be delivered by the end of this month !
Congratulations on your Amaze purchase too pravinkenator, and thank you for the wishes. Looking forward to your ownership review. You can be assured that owning an Amaze will be an overall good experience, if the focus is more on the basics of building a robust vehicle and not so much a feature-laden value offering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkishore_007 View Post
Congrats on this purchase ! You are one of the first few T-BHPian who got AMAZE(D). Good choice indeed.

Though we can keep on discussing whole night long on what Amaze has and it does not, it does not really matter as long as "You" are happy. If my dream allows, I would buy a Bugatti Veyron (Damn, it has too low a GC, and it will play see-saw over Bangalore humps).

It would be interesting to know how Honda would cope up with the A.S.S. for this new machine in the stable.

It would be even more interesting to get a ownership thread (from you or any fellow AMAZE(D) owners) one year down the line.

Cheers & Drive Safe !
I couldn't agree more with your insight nkishore, Honda has made this car for a fairly broad section of society - first time car buyers and those looking for an economical second car where the priority in both cases is on low running costs. The car delivers there and does make me happy. I'm not too positive about their A.S.S. yet though, considering that Honda has been in India since '98, they have a very miniscule dealership coverage compared to Hyundai. Maruti being in a different league altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
motored mindset, congrats on the outset for the wonderful purchase.
Very well written too. I do really envy you for your language skill. Though you had the disclaimer in the opening sentence that "the first post is of the purchase decision and if not interested, you can skip to the next post", after having read the report, I feel that it would have been a loss had I skipped over.

Congrats again, and you do pave the path forward by being one of the first "Amazes" in the forum
Thank you dhanushmenon for the kind words and the wishes, I'm glad atleast a few people are reading the entire review. I'm really intending to make this a long-term ownership report because of the kind comments from you and other members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abikr View Post
Is the real-world fuel consumption at 18kmpl on the highway?
This seems a bit off from the advertised 25.8kmpl for the diesel.
(I understand your car is diesel-powered)
As far as I know, the ARAI advertised mileage is quite an optimistic figure that most manufacturers advertise. I don't have a heavy foot, but the maximum I've managed on the digital read out (I'm not sure how accurate it is) is a little over 20 kmpl with three other passengers and lugguage, that too for a very short, straight stretch while cruising and not really accelerating while it later whittled down to 14-18 kmpl. In the city, including some stretches of bumper to bumper traffic, I've calculated 14.5 kmpl between two top-ups. The car is still being run-in, so fuel and engine oil consumption will be more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcdc View Post
Congratulations on the Amaze. I think Honda has got it right in both the hatchback and the sedan section with efficient machines in both the segments. All Hail Brio and Amaze !!
Thank you for the wishes deepcdc, you seem to be quite the Honda fan. My biggest fear was that a diesel Honda would be very un-Honda-like but after living with the car, engine characteristics aside, it does abide by typically Honda traits.

Last edited by Motored Mindset : 20th May 2013 at 19:19.
Motored Mindset is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 12:00   #25
BHPian

Congrats on your Amaze MM

Well written review. Few more pics would add more glitz to your review. My stable too has the Amaze's younger sibling and having driven it now for nearly a year, I find it perfect for city round abouts. The notchy gear should settle down as it beds in more. The eco is irritating at first but its becomes an obsession when you see the average fuel consumed in the high teens. Though it might not matter much to you in a diesel but try it for a while and see the difference.

Have a fun filled ownership !!!
Old 24th May 2013, 16:34   #26
BHPian

Congratulations Motored Mindset on your new purchase and thank you for a very well written review .
The write up has been a great help in the family's decision to buy the car , I just booked the Amaze , expect delivery in June.

Regards
Chauhan
Old 7th June 2013, 20:31   #27
BHPian

[quote= deepcdc Thank you for the wishes deepcdc, you seem to be quite the Honda fan. My biggest fear was that a diesel Honda would be very un-Honda-like but after living with the car, engine characteristics aside, it does abide by typically Honda traits.[/QUOTE]

Coming from a generation where the entry car choices were the likes of an Alto, Santro, 800. I'm just glad to see the variety of choice Honda has to offer. It was good to see the Brio come in to the entry segment and now the Amaze with a Diesel variant. Honda is known for its longitivity, I think it's a good move by them to start impressing customers from their very first car.
Old 9th July 2013, 22:41   #28
BHPian

Lots of good wishes and congratulations on the Silver Amaze, Motored Mindset.

Very detailed write-up. Please do post some more pictures. I feel Honda has developed a wonderful engine under the hood.

Any after-market fitments that you have done/planning to do in your car? Any major niggles till date?
Old 29th September 2013, 14:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hey Motored Mindset, first of all many congratulations on your Amaze & sharing us your experience so far. However no updates to this thread for the last couple of months. Hope you have been munching miles with your Amaze. Could you please update this thread, how has been your experience so far. Any niggles, new finds, car behaviour within city & on long highway drives? Also you might have done one or probably two services of your car. Please update us with the service details as well.

Thanking you in advance.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 29th September 2013 at 14:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks