Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2006, 16:17   #16
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride.

I have a black Chevy, it does pick up dirt exceptionally fast....so is it prone to scratches.
I even get the feeling that it becomes invisible at night ,with high gloss polish......as some people tend to rear end u at dusk....
Old 24th May 2006, 17:35   #17
BHPian

Congrats on your new baby! However, note that Honda recommends regular unleaded fuel and says there would be no improvement or change if you use fuel with additives. Check out the manual.
Old 24th May 2006, 18:35   #18
BHPian

Thanks for the advice re. petrol. Did not catch it in the manual. Was also advised by himanshu a couple of days ago. Will need to topup with regular fuel today.

btw, car has just come back from dealer with dark tints - looks even more sexier - if thats possible . Will get updated pics soon.
Old 24th May 2006, 18:49   #19
Team-BHP Support

Wow! A black Honda with black tints... possibly the darker shade! Just add a few more razzmatazz (like those typical alloys) and yours will ook like a purrrrrrrfect gangsta car buddy
Old 24th May 2006, 21:47   #20
BHPian

congrats, wheelie - the nhc zx looks smashing in black - wanted the same for my car as well - but the dealer said delivery of this color will be after 2 months and i just couldnt wait

btw - i think most honda dealers are a peculiarly troublesome lot when it comes to delivery of new cars - havent heard of nhc owners who havent had at least some timing issues with the delivery
Old 24th May 2006, 21:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
gangsta car buddy
gansta is the right word, we have one black city in our college, with ultra dark tints(all around) and 17'' low profile chrome alloys..

total Bling machine...
Old 24th May 2006, 23:51   #22

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hey congrats on ur new car....had the same issue..had to wait for 2 weeks before i got the delivery of the car...a white nhc vtec.
Old 25th May 2006, 10:49   #23
BHPian

Missing petrol

Hi guys, do you also face a problem of missing petrol when the car goes to the service station? My car had 3/4 petrol tank full @ 202 km when it left for the service station for accessories fitting and when it returned it had 1/2 tank @ 256 km. To reach 202 km there was a 1/4 drop in the meter and again there has been a negligible drop during my drive to and from home since last evening. What is it with these service stations and their drivers? Its not like the car was serviced, only accessories were fitted. It happens every single time (whether we drop the vehicle or the service station provides pickup & drop facility)

btw, cant think of alloys just yet due to budgetary constraints.
Old 25th May 2006, 11:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Drive in the fast lane in slow speeds. People will never let you sleep.

BTW, nice looking car. Congrats

Fast Lane !!! LOL

Dude, u need to visit bangalore soon, esp the route WheelieJ takes to office! U would revise your suggestion immediately!
Old 25th May 2006, 11:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej

btw, car has just come back from dealer with dark tints - looks even more sexier - if thats possible . Will get updated pics soon.
Hey be careful there! Just a couple of weeks ago I heard that Bangalore Police had launched a drive against dark tints!
Buggers ahve noting better to do it seems!
Old 25th May 2006, 14:12   #26
BHPian

You are right about the FAST lane, himanshu. its crazy how they cannot stop heavy traffic moving/parking on these roads (Whitefiled is no longer outskirts of the city) - atleast during peak hours. Atleast we have two devils to choose from (KR Puram 'wonder bridge' and Marathahalli 'one lane bridge'), the poor guys from Electronic city have none. They get well and truly stuck every single day - both ways.

Yeah! that 'no dark tints' campaign started earlier this year, just after the HP lady was murdered by the cabbie. Said they would prosecute (not fine, do note!) people who had dark tints on the cars. However, they came up against a loophole in the rule book - only RTO can object, it seems, to dark tints, not traffic police. Also, there was a huge hue and cry among citizens - especially ladies who were worried about their safety (driving late in the night without a tinted car and anyone being able to see that a lady was driving AND that she was alone!!!! ), celebrities and politicians, so they dropped the campaign. Now they are only targetting transport vehicles (read 'cabs'). The police should first concentrate on keeping the city safe for its dwellers.
Old 29th May 2006, 12:52   #27
BHPian

Congrats!!!!

Hey man,

I know I am a bit late, but any ways..... Many Congratulations for your new Black Beauty.

The pics looks fabulous and yes it would need a liitle bit more care due to Black colour, but ne ways it looks Royale.

regarding dozing off.... try turning on stereo to full might .

Gagan
Old 29th May 2006, 15:21   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej
Hi guys, do you also face a problem of missing petrol when the car goes to the service station? My car had 3/4 petrol tank full @ 202 km when it left for the service station for accessories fitting and when it returned it had 1/2 tank @ 256 km. To reach 202 km there was a 1/4 drop in the meter and again there has been a negligible drop during my drive to and from home since last evening. What is it with these service stations and their drivers? Its not like the car was serviced, only accessories were fitted. It happens every single time (whether we drop the vehicle or the service station provides pickup & drop facility)
Congrats, Wheeliej on joining the ZX club!
Somebody else on this site observed that the fuel meter of NHC drops faster in the last half of the tank (yours happened on the first half).
The only real way to confirm there is no pilferage is to monitor the FE from full-to-empty tank. Should be getting 11-12 kmpl in a ZX CVT in city conditions (this figure based on feedback from this site). Let us know ur figure!
Old 1st June 2006, 22:01   #29

Hi Wheeliej,
congrats on your new car. I also got mine on 22nd May (am the one who was duped by Dakshin on full payment!!!) and am glad that I went for the auto one. I have one issue that I am not very happy with ----- the suspension I find quite stiff compared even Accent and probably Zen also. Do you find it that way or is only me that is having the problem.
Old 2nd June 2006, 08:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm, the ZX really does look good compared to the type 1 NHC. Congrats on your buy.

Quote:
Never leave your car at the service station and walk away. Stay there till it's finished. To start with, there was no need for the car to be driven 54 kms. And there's no way the fuel could have gone down from 3/4th to 1/2 tank in 54kms.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed