Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2013, 22:39   #16
BHPian

re: M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!

Congratulations on the new car SBR.

The looks after the 3M work are fabulous. I especially like the work on the B pillars on the door.

Looks like everything was planned. What about ICE options? I bet you would already have thought about it !
eagle_bush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 09:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

If you're planning on driving after sun down, do upgrade the bulbs. I installed the Osram Nightbreaker Plus in my car (headlight and fog's) and the visibility is significantly better than with the stock bulbs.

My first drive to chennai was with the stock bulbs and i was driving almost blind and struggling to cross 80 kays due to low visibility but after changing the bulbs, i am able to cruise comfortably at triple digits with visibility for a couple of kms ahead of me. Avoid high watt bulbs even with a relay.

All the best.
Is Osram Nightbreaker Plus available in H8 specification and stock power rating? I have new Swift and stock fogs are useless. For my headlights I have Philips Xtreme Vision 60/55. Which is better in your opinion- philips Xtreme or Nightbreaker plus. Sorry for going OT.
Old 15th May 2013, 11:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
Is Osram Nightbreaker Plus available in H8 specification and stock power rating? I have new Swift and stock fogs are useless. For my headlights I have Philips Xtreme Vision 60/55. Which is better in your opinion- philips Xtreme or Nightbreaker plus. Sorry for going OT.
Yes, the night breakers are available in H8. I have these in my fog lamps and the stock ones are like candles compared to the nightbreakers

I'm not sure which is better - Philips Xtreme Visions or the Osram Night Breaker Plus but i do know that the Night Breakers are a wee bit whiter than the Xtreme Visions.

I have the Xtreme Vision in my ninja and have comfortably cruised at triple digits at night. Both bulbs are good IMO.
Old 20th May 2013, 10:35   #19
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Congrats on the new car SBR and wishing you many years of happy and safe miles.

Did you get the CF stickering on the black panel of the doors? If not, do get it done at 3M. It looks fab.

Don't worry about FE. It will improve as the odo climbs and after I service.

I generally get between 16 and 18 kmpl in the city depending on the traffic and around 20-22 kmpl on the highway (a/c is ON 99% of the time).

If you're planning on driving after sun down, do upgrade the bulbs. I installed the Osram Nightbreaker Plus in my car (headlight and fog's) and the visibility is significantly better than with the stock bulbs.

My first drive to chennai was with the stock bulbs and i was driving almost blind and struggling to cross 80 kays due to low visibility but after changing the bulbs, i am able to cruise comfortably at triple digits with visibility for a couple of kms ahead of me. Avoid high watt bulbs even with a relay.

All the best.
Yep. Got the CF wrap done at Sids place (3M HSR). It really looks fab. On the bulbs, I think I have committed my first mistake . I got the philips 90/100 bulbs with relay installed instead of the Night Breakers. I hope it doesn't affect the head lamps in the long run.

Second update on FE is due shortly. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 21st May 2013, 08:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
On the bulbs, I think I have committed my first mistake . I got the philips 90/100 bulbs with relay installed instead of the Night Breakers. I hope it doesn't affect the head lamps in the long run.
Hope you have swapped the stock bulb holders for the ceramic ones.

The excess heat might cause dullness and fading of the reflector and headlight lens - this is from my experience using a 130/100 W philips rallye bulb. For a 100/90 bulb the damage might not be very profound.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 11:57   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think I have committed my first mistake . I got the philips 90/100 bulbs with relay installed instead of the Night Breakers. I hope it doesn't affect the head lamps in the long run.
Thats not a mistake at all. 100/90 with relay is a good choice in light upgrade and will provide better illumination.

However, had you gone for 130/100 then definetly in long run the headlamp cluster would have blackened out.
Old 21st May 2013, 13:46   #22
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thats not a mistake at all. 100/90 with relay is a good choice in light upgrade and will provide better illumination.

However, had you gone for 130/100 then definetly in long run the headlamp cluster would have blackened out.
What I have installed is Philips 100/90 bulbs with relay & the bulb holders used are not stock. They are separate bulb holders (Fibre) which came with the installation kit. In terms of performance, they are pretty good on the highway and visibility is much better compared to stock bulbs.
Old 23rd May 2013, 18:50   #23
SBR
BHPian

FE & 1st Service Update:

The second tank full was a combination of 600 KMS Highway Drive + 60 KMS of Hill Station Drive + 100 KMS of City Driving. This was without AC.

Fuel Consumed - 35 Litres of Diesel.

FE: 760 KMS/35 = 21.70 KMPL . This is simply fantastic FE.

1st Service was done at Aryan Motors on Banaswadi Main Road. I have been a regular there for my M-800 for last about 4+ years.

Regular check - up, wash & cleaning was done. The SA informed that there was no need to change the oil.

Total damages after 1st Service = Rs. 0/-

Current ODO reading - 1475 KMS.
SBR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 23:15   #24
BHPian

Spotted your car today near Ajanta theater, St, John's Road Around 0920hrs, I had mistaken it as n_aditya's car as the positioning of IDS stickers is the same, even the CF's at B pillar. Must say the car looks awesome.
Congrats.
Old 24th May 2013, 12:40   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on the buy SBR! Any ICE upgrades in the offing ? How did the car handle the ghats?
Old 24th May 2013, 18:48   #26
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfordriving View Post
Spotted your car today near Ajanta theater, St, John's Road Around 0920hrs, I had mistaken it as n_aditya's car as the positioning of IDS stickers is the same, even the CF's at B pillar. Must say the car looks awesome.
Congrats.
Yep. Thanks for spotting my ride. I take the same route every day to work.

And yes, the car car looks similar to n_aditya's ride but not anymore. Aditya has added many more stickers now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsPwr View Post
Congratulations on the buy SBR! Any ICE upgrades in the offing ? How did the car handle the ghats?
ICE upgrades are on hold for now for lack of $$$. Plan to do it sometime later after few months. It was a different experience to drive the diesel beast on ghats after driving my M-800. The climb was effortless and smooth. All I had to do is to slot to the right gear and everything else was taken care of. Acceleration was not required all the time like we do in petrol driven cars.
Old 25th May 2013, 13:06   #27
SBR
BHPian

On my recent trip to Chikmagalur, I was taking wifey to shopping in one of the small lanes of the town & while reversing, I hit a electric pole .

The following are the pictures taken of the damage and before repair. It was quite disappointing that the damage was done in the first month of ownership of my dream car.
Attached Thumbnails
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-2013-ckm-trip-067-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-2013-ckm-trip-069-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-2013-ckm-trip-070-fileminimizer.jpg  

Old 25th May 2013, 13:17   #28
SBR
BHPian

Came back to Bangalore, gave the car for first service and fixed up an appointment with Sidhu of 3M in HSR Layout on 29th May 2013.

Sidhu inspected the car & advised replacing the PPF after some cleaning.

It took just about an hour for the job to be done and damn, I was impressed with the work done.

The PPF which was there before had taken the maximum impact without causing much damage to the paint.

Total damages - Rs. 564/- + Tax for replacing the PPF and Rs. 225/- + Tax for the new set of Mud Flops at MGA.

Here are the pics after the repair work was done. I was really impressed with the results and relieved that it did not cost me much $$$.
Attached Thumbnails
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-2013-ckm-trip-125-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-2013-ckm-trip-126-fileminimizer.jpg  

SBR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2013, 14:36   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Wash & Clean
3M Nomad Mats (Black) - 3890
Sunfilm for side & rear glass (Transparent) - 4690
PPF for 4 Door Edges - 590
PPF for Bumper Corners - 2648
CF Wrap - 875
Hi SBR,
Congratulations!

- Could you please share some photographs of the Nomad Mats?
- Was the CF Wrap done only for the B-Pillar?
- Which transparent sunfilm did you get?
Old 28th May 2013, 18:29   #30
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Hi SBR,
Congratulations!

- Could you please share some photographs of the Nomad Mats?
- Was the CF Wrap done only for the B-Pillar?
- Which transparent sunfilm did you get?

CF Wrap was done only for the B-Pillars. You can check the pics I have posted in my earlier posts.

Transparent film - 3M RE 70

I am yet to take any pics of Nomad Mats. Will try and post them over the weekend.

Hope this helps.

Most Viewed