Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2013, 12:52   #46
SBR
BHPian

re: M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Please ensure you mention this to the service adviser explicitly. I'm also surprised that you find the gear shift irritating. I'm having no such issues in my Ritz but yes, the gearbox is notchy (by design) and not butter smooth like it was in my esteem.
I will mention this to the Service Advisor when I take it for second service at 5,000 KMS. I thought it should have been much better and miles ahead when compared to my M-800 but it is just above average. This is purely my experience. I find it difficult particularly when slotting the reverse gear & 1st gear.
Old 28th July 2013, 13:03   #47
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post

Of late, the gear box does not seem smooth enough as it was earlier. It is a bit irritating at times.
I have been using the 3M mats & on top of them I am also using the Maruti rubber floor mats. The first picture below is how I am currently using both the floor mats together. Could this be the reason for the gear shift to be tighter and irritating as the bottom gets thicker and the clutch is not pressed completely.

Should I remove the Rubber Mats and just use the 3M mats as shown in the second picture. I tried this and the gear shift was better when compared to earlier.

The second picture below is after removing the Maruti rubber mats.
Attached Thumbnails
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-ritz-july-2013-pics-021-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-ritz-july-2013-pics-022-fileminimizer.jpg  

SBR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 13:27   #48
SBR
BHPian

It has exactly been 92 days of ownership till date and ODO is at 3256 KMS.

A special note on the low end torque which helps immensely in slow moving traffic with fewer gear shifts. It is a sea change driving a diesel from Maruti after upgrading from a petrol Maruti hatch.

The seat covers which I had purchased from the dealer are really good and offer a comfortable seating. They look fab too.

The following pictures speak for themselves;
Attached Thumbnails
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-ritz-july-2013-pics-012-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-ritz-july-2013-pics-023-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-ritz-july-2013-pics-024-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-ritz-july-2013-pics-025-fileminimizer.jpg  

SBR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 13:51   #49
SBR
BHPian

Tyres & Suspension:

It really makes me feel good that I made the right decision of upgrading the tyres to 185/70 R 14 profile tyres. They offer great grip on the road, ride is softer and offer good grip in panic braking situations.

Last weekend, I missed noticing a Speed Breaker when I was cruising around 80KM/HR and had to apply the breaks suddenly. The Michelin tyres responded brilliantly to the situation. I am maintaining 32 psi normal air pressure in all the 4 tyres all the time.

Looking at picture number 2 below, one could notice a lot of small stones stuck in the tyre. Does this lead to puncture or is it normal. Can anyone throw some light on this .

On the suspension, the suspension is really soft and offers a good ride both on normal and pot holed roads. However, recently when I drove over a small pothole (small by Bangalore road standards ) at a speed of around 50 KM/Hour, I heard a "Crack" kind of a sound as if some metal or steel cracked. This sound was particular and limited only to the Right Hand Side front wheel. In the last two months, I happened to drive over pot holes twice at similar speeds and I have heard this sound both the times. But during regular time, everything seems normal and the ride is as comfortable as it can be even with 5 adults on board. Is this because of the weight of the diesel heart the car has got or is there something else I need to worry about. Please advise.

Pictures of the tyres below;
Attached Thumbnails
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-ritz-july-2013-pics-005-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-ritz-july-2013-pics-017-fileminimizer.jpg  

Last edited by SBR : 28th July 2013 at 13:54. Reason: Spell check and correction
Old 28th July 2013, 19:01   #50
BANNED

Quote:
I am maintaining 32 psi normal air pressure in all the 4 tyres all the time.
As per the Tyre Placard it says:

F = 36 psi; R = 33 psi

I have been maintaining F= 38 psi and R = 35 psi all the times. 80 % time is driving alone without any luggage. I have the stock 165/80 R14. I miss the ABS under panic braking but otherwise the tyres are good. 61K kms was the original tyres life that I got. Presently running on the second set that changed on 61K kms.

Quote:
Looking at picture number 2 below, one could notice a lot of small stones stuck in the tyre. Does this lead to puncture or is it normal. Can anyone throw some light on this please
I don't think it would lead to a puncture but it will lead to higher tyre noise and may be thread damage. Try and get rid of larger stones.

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 21:03   #51
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
As per the Tyre Placard it says:

F = 36 psi; R = 33 psi

I have been maintaining F= 38 psi and R = 35 psi all the times.

Cheers,
Anurag.
For 165/80 R 14, the figures you have mentioned above are correct.

For 185/70 R 14 profile tyres, the placard says 32 psi in Front & 29 psi in Rear. Hence I am planning to have 33 psi in all the 4 tyres. 80% of the time I am driving alone.
Old 31st August 2013, 18:07   #52
SBR
BHPian

Quote:

Of late, the gear box does not seem smooth enough as it was earlier. It is a bit irritating at times.
With more miles on the ODO, the gear shift has become smooth & effortless now.
Old 31st August 2013, 18:12   #53
SBR
BHPian

It is exactly 4 months of ownership till date. I am starting to like it the more I drive it.

I love the pick up the DDIS engine has to offer and the FE. This is what the car has delivered for my daily usage in Bangalore traffic without AC all the time .
Attached Thumbnails
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-ritz-july-2013-pics-006-fileminimizer.jpg  

Old 31st August 2013, 21:35   #54
BANNED

Quote:
It is exactly 4 months of ownership till date. I am starting to like it the more I drive it.

I love the pick up the DDIS engine has to offer and the FE. This is what the car has delivered for my daily usage in Bangalore traffic without AC all the time .
Good going SBR.

How is the ride and any rattles till date?

Are you filing Mineral oil or synthetic?

Anurag.
Old 31st August 2013, 22:16   #55
BHPian

Quote:
I find it difficult particularly when slotting the reverse gear & 1st gear.
I had the same issue with reverse gear, had asked service adviser, he told, it'll be ok after few thousand kms.
Unfortunately, I had to reverse once for 11kms, after that the issue is gone, now its butter smooth
crazyfordriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2013, 20:31   #56
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

How is the ride and any rattles till date?

Are you filing Mineral oil or synthetic?

Anurag.
Ride is excellent. Rattles is a concern in Maruti. I get a sound in the front right window when the window is rolled up and driving over pot holes or uneven road. I had asked the SA to fix this problem in the 1st service but it hasn't been fixed as yet.

The car is due for 5,000 KMS service next week. I will have the rattle problem fixed this time. Oil change will be due only at 10,000 KMS or 3rd service which is another few months away for me.
Old 15th September 2013, 13:05   #57
SBR
BHPian

Went to Chikmagalur during the last extended weekend which we had. It was a drive of close to 600+ KMS and the car returned 22 KMPL as avg with 30% AC usage.

The car felt silent & lite on highways and cruising around 100 KM/HR was a breeze. I love the turbo which the DDiS has to offer on the highways as it makes overtaking effortless.

Adding few pics taken during the trip.
Attached Thumbnails
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-025-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-036-fileminimizer.jpg  

Old 24th September 2013, 19:19   #58
SBR
BHPian

The car recently crossed the 5,000 KMS mark and it was time for the second free service. Called up Aryan motors on Banaswadi Main Road and fixed up an appointment for service on 24th Sep, 2013.

Gave the car by 9:00 AM at the service centre. The Service Advisor Mr. Abu is a very knowledgeable & a patient listener. The car was doing fine and I had no specific complaints except that I had lost my Jack rod at home . I asked Abu to get me a new one & rest was regular check up and washing.

The Service Advisor called me at 4:00 PM and informed me that I can take the delivery by 5:00 PM. I visited the Service Centre to pick up the car by 5:00 PM and the Car was ready.

The engine is a lot more smoother now and even the gear shift has become smooth and effortless after the second service. Yet to check the FE though after the second service.

A special note of thanks to the Service Advisor Mr. Abu for his excellent Customer Service. I would definitely recommend him for anyone who would like to get their car serviced at Aryan Motors.

The final bill came upto Rs. 226/- including taxes. Below is the picture of my service bill and the current ODO reading.
Attached Thumbnails
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-015-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-016-fileminimizer.jpg  

SBR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 17:17   #59
SBR
BHPian

Update....

Had been to Madhus on Langford Road for Alignment & Balancing after the second service.

Madhus has the new Road Force Wheel Balancing and it was done with perfection. The staff was very courteous and helpful. After Wheel Balancing, Alignment was done at the same place itself.

Total Bill including Taxes - Rs. 730/-.
Old 29th September 2013, 21:37   #60
BHPian

Hi,

Went through your post line by line ...

My Ritz is slightly older than yours, approaching its 3rd service in December 2013.

Gear shift is surely not butter smooth, but smooth, felt esp. after test driving a Honda Amaze.
Rattles are common to all MS products (IMHO). The rattle on the RHS Front door panel has stayed after numerous inspections. the LHS Fender rattles for no reason.

I got the wheel alignment and tyre rotation done at the MASS (free) during my 2nd service.

On the highways, it is a pleasure to drive, and earns a lot of "respect" too.

However, I do not get the kind of mileage I have heard, on the forum, the DDIS engines return.

In the 600+ kms round trip to Dhanbad from Kolkata (Entire 4 laned), I got 20kmpl one way with AC on 100% time (day-time run) speeds hovering 90-100 kmph. Returning got 21kmpl with AC sparingly on only when the inside became stuffy (evening drive) speeds almost the same, except very short bursts of 150kmph+ twice.

Till date, the ODO reads 8200+ and tank-full to tank-full returns 15-16 kmpl in Kolkata office-time driving.

In the same context, my M800 non-AC used to return 17kmpl in Kolkata city and drives to Dhanbad and back were accurately 23kmpl.

Can you throw any light into it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Saurav

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks