Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2013, 10:16   #61
BANNED

Re: The last Samurai - Ford Fiesta 1.6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
^^^^

Are you sure it is a S?
S is quite rare to come by on classifieds since most of the owners do not want to sell them.
There is 1.6 Sxi on sale for the same price though.
Confirmed it is an S. Looked in fabulous condition and the owner was moving to another state. The advert seems to be off the classifieds but you could search.
I would think it a great buy at around 4.2 L.
Old 26th May 2013, 10:42   #62
BHPian

Auto! O-M-G! I insisted you to write one and heck, look at the down-to-detail, words-of-heartbeat-that-only-enthusiasts-could-perceive, amazing review! Although missing the part where all of our mates slowly get to know what you're going to own finally. And more importantly, and at last I, and boy that moment when I finally get to know that 1.6 S is yours - one moment of happiness in a lifetime it is!

I must say, I am always proud and lucky to have this friend of mine. Every modification he feels should go into that S, he wants his pals' views, constructive or not. That's in the least to say how much he values friends.

Auto, for all you breathe and beat and live cars that's in your every nerve, the S can't be more deserving and fitting to you! Once again congratulations, and happy revving and modding
vvijay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 00:59   #63
BHPian

You're an extremely lucky person aravind.anand! I drive a 1.4 EXi and I'm smitten by the handling, so I can't even begin to think how well yours handles.
Any mods planned?
Old 2nd June 2013, 12:24   #64
BHPian

Hi Aravind. Any updates on the Samurai?
Old 2nd June 2013, 14:12   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Auto! O-M-G! I insisted you to write one and heck, look at the down-to-detail, words-of-heartbeat-that-only-enthusiasts-could-perceive, amazing review! Although missing the part where all of our mates slowly get to know what you're going to own finally. And more importantly, and at last I, and boy that moment when I finally get to know that 1.6 S is yours - one moment of happiness in a lifetime it is!

I must say, I am always proud and lucky to have this friend of mine. Every modification he feels should go into that S, he wants his pals' views, constructive or not. That's in the least to say how much he values friends.

Auto, for all you breathe and beat and live cars that's in your every nerve, the S can't be more deserving and fitting to you! Once again congratulations, and happy revving and modding
Hey Thanks a lot Vijay. The moment was special because of you guys only. I can never forget the way you guys ridiculed me and made fun of me, when I told you guys that I have won the bidding, and that the 1.6 S is actually mine, for real! Friends for life da!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
You're an extremely lucky person aravind.anand! I drive a 1.4 EXi and I'm smitten by the handling, so I can't even begin to think how well yours handles.
Any mods planned?
Thanks a lot Abel. Right now there are quite a lot of options running in my mind for modding the car. Thinking a lot about FFE from Red Rooster Performance, but many experiences on the forum suggest that there are lot of niggling issues with fitment of FFE, and with no Red Rooster Performance support in Chennai, it could get tricky! ( Planning to get it done in Coimbatore, my home town )

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Hi Aravind. Any updates on the Samurai?
Hi Srinath, I held onto the 'No Sun-film' rule all this while, but Chennai's heat drove me crazy and though the car is currently at Coimbatore, I ran and installed Sun films. I personally like really dark tints on cars, but since I din't want to attract attention from the Police, I had to choose these almost transparent ones. At least the heat will stay out now!

Hope you guys see the difference, Windows have the sun film installed, quarter glass doesn't!
The last Samurai - Ford Fiesta 1.6S-rear-door.jpg

The last Samurai - Ford Fiesta 1.6S-frond-windows.jpg

The last Samurai - Ford Fiesta 1.6S-rear-windshield.jpg

While at the store, I also thought on the lines of Black stickering on the roof, but the store had only Carbon Fibre look or Matt finish Black. I was looking for Glossy Black ones. Wasn't too happy with the Carbon fibre sample they gave me, so I came back with just the tints
The last Samurai - Ford Fiesta 1.6S-carbon-fibre.jpg
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 22:55   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys, need help with modifications. I am planning to paint my alloys and the ORVMs to gun metal grey shade. Any shop that can get it done at a reasonable cost and with quality? I am OK to shops in Coimbatore and Chennai, as the car keeps shuttling between these two cities.
Old 6th June 2013, 09:07   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Hey Guys, need help with modifications. I am planning to paint my alloys and the ORVMs to gun metal grey shade. Any shop that can get it done at a reasonable cost and with quality? I am OK to shops in Coimbatore and Chennai, as the car keeps shuttling between these two cities.
Hi!

See if this link is of any help.

Thanks
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 10:26   #68
BHPian

Wow that was just brilliant to read! Beautifully written. Can sense your passion with the flow of words. Awesome photography too!

I could feel the very feeling of driving my first car, a red Beat all alone on the very first drive to my hometown. Days have passed since then and the car has changed to a Punto 90. But I can never forget those wonderful days with my Beat. Everyday used to be special and every ride got us closer. I deeply regret trading her and miss her badly. Your words got me thinking back

Take very good care of your BlueBolt! And wish you both lots n lots of happy miles together!

Last edited by Auto freak : 6th June 2013 at 10:35.
Old 11th June 2013, 20:54   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Wow that was just brilliant to read! Beautifully written. Can sense your passion with the flow of words. Awesome photography too!

I could feel the very feeling of driving my first car, a red Beat all alone on the very first drive to my hometown. Days have passed since then and the car has changed to a Punto 90. But I can never forget those wonderful days with my Beat. Everyday used to be special and every ride got us closer. I deeply regret trading her and miss her badly. Your words got me thinking back

Take very good care of your BlueBolt! And wish you both lots n lots of happy miles together!
Thanks a lot for your words and wishes Auto Freak. Only a true petrol-head can realise the feelings of another petrol-head

I have called up many guys from Chennai over the weekend and seems that 180 Degree Automotive is willing to paint my OEM alloys to gun metal shade for Rs.1200 a wheel.

However, the only thing that still holds me back is, he keeps insisting that powder coating is not essential. But my reseach over the web says that Powder coating is the perfect long lasting solution for painting very lustruous and glossy surfaces such as an OEM alloy, please give your valuable comments BHP-ians
Old 12th June 2013, 16:20   #70
BHPian

Very well written Aravind Regarding painting the OEM alloys to gun metal finish, IMHO I believe the OEM hyper silver suits Aquarius Blue color. How about mild gold, the Subaru Imprezza style?
Old 14th June 2013, 01:48   #71

Arvind,

it is so exciting to see a fresh, yet another 'expression from heart' review. Big thanks to Team BHP for developing such a nice unbiased platform for car lovers, where we feel like expressing our views. There are countless reviews on Team BHP on Fiesta 1.6 S, but yours will definitely stand out because it is unique. I don't think anyone else would stand a chance to own an S the way you did. You didn't buy it friend, 'you earned it'. Being a proud owner of such a lovely, no nonsense and highly satisfying Ford Fiesta 1.6 S, I can tell you this without a doubt.

I had 11 cars in the past 6 years, starting from Matiz, WagonR, i10, Swift, Ritz, Ford Fusion to Fiesta 1.6 S. Before Fiesta, all of them were hatchbacks. Though I like hatchbacks, I couldn't resist the seductive looks of 1.6S, so bought one in my favorite color, white. No other car at this price can come even close to the level of S for its supreme ride & handling. I tried Skoda Rapid once for few kms and when I started driving my S, I felt that Rapid, a new one is no match for my S.

It is midnight, but still thought of sharing my views. I have one small suggestion though; Ford Fiesta 1.6S is already a great car by its birth, so try to have it in near stock condition. Go for mods only if you are a die hard fan of mods.
Attached Thumbnails
The last Samurai - Ford Fiesta 1.6S-08052013319.jpg  

The last Samurai - Ford Fiesta 1.6S-11102012211.jpg  

Nagumh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 12:30   #72

Hi Arvind,

for your car's alloys painting, you can get little idea about how the alloys may look in different colors. Few of our Team BHP guys have done a good job of simulating colors on alloys.

You can follow the link below for more pictures. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...s-added-3.html

It can save you lot of money and most importantly the time and effort required to get the painting done. According to me it would be a disaster if you spend money and time and later find out that the stock color was best. In my opinion, default silver is the best. Choose your favorite color, but many, including Prodigy07 have felt that the stock alloy design and color is the best for 1.6S. Many have tried to purchase these alloys separately, but with very little success. Not sure if the dealerships sell them to other Fiesta owners.

You can consider these colors and decide for yourself. You are good enough to listen to your heart, which you proved by bidding for the car in first place. Please post the picture if you happen to paint it.
Attached Thumbnails
The last Samurai - Ford Fiesta 1.6S-fiesta.jpg  

The last Samurai - Ford Fiesta 1.6S-side2.jpg  

The last Samurai - Ford Fiesta 1.6S-20122008928.m1jpg.jpg  

Old 14th June 2013, 13:50   #73
BHPian

Quote:
I have called up many guys from Chennai over the weekend and seems that 180 Degree Automotive is willing to paint my OEM alloys to gun metal shade for Rs.1200 a wheel.
My friend and BHPian @DRIV3R got his Punto's wheels painted gun metal at the same place! 180 degree automotive in Villivakkam. He was charged Rs1000 per wheel.

I would say the job was 80% satisfactory in spite of being with them for a whole day supervising. My friend had to go them again again in a few days for a touch up at a few areas where the paint got peeled off.

But since then its been fine and no further paint peeling.

You can check his thread for some details

Will ask him to pitch in here!
Old 18th June 2013, 14:40   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Very well written Aravind Regarding painting the OEM alloys to gun metal finish, IMHO I believe the OEM hyper silver suits Aquarius Blue color. How about mild gold, the Subaru Imprezza style?
Thanks a lot Prodigy07, I am pretty happy with the OEM alloy designs, but am looking to get it done in gun metal grey, to give the BlueBolt a boy racer image I somehow detest the gold colour, even in jewellery! U can never spot me wearing anything that is Gold in colour, not even in my shoe! So want to keep it in Gun metal shade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumh View Post
Arvind,

it is so exciting to see a fresh, yet another 'expression from heart' review. Big thanks to Team BHP for developing such a nice unbiased platform for car lovers, where we feel like expressing our views. There are countless reviews on Team BHP on Fiesta 1.6 S, but yours will definitely stand out because it is unique. I don't think anyone else would stand a chance to own an S the way you did. You didn't buy it friend, 'you earned it'. Being a proud owner of such a lovely, no nonsense and highly satisfying Ford Fiesta 1.6 S, I can tell you this without a doubt.

I had 11 cars in the past 6 years, starting from Matiz, WagonR, i10, Swift, Ritz, Ford Fusion to Fiesta 1.6 S. Before Fiesta, all of them were hatchbacks. Though I like hatchbacks, I couldn't resist the seductive looks of 1.6S, so bought one in my favorite color, white. No other car at this price can come even close to the level of S for its supreme ride & handling. I tried Skoda Rapid once for few kms and when I started driving my S, I felt that Rapid, a new one is no match for my S.

It is midnight, but still thought of sharing my views. I have one small suggestion though; Ford Fiesta 1.6S is already a great car by its birth, so try to have it in near stock condition. Go for mods only if you are a die hard fan of mods.
11 Cars in 6 years? a true petrol-head you are Sir! Respect!
I am not going to change any of the OEM parts, as they are good enough, like you have mentioned, just toying with these ideas to make it even more special and personalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumh View Post
Hi Arvind,

for your car's alloys painting, you can get little idea about how the alloys may look in different colors. Few of our Team BHP guys have done a good job of simulating colors on alloys.
It can save you lot of money and most importantly the time and effort required to get the painting done. According to me it would be a disaster if you spend money and time and later find out that the stock color was best. In my opinion, default silver is the best. Choose your favorite color, but many, including Prodigy07 have felt that the stock alloy design and color is the best for 1.6S.
You can consider these colors and decide for yourself. You are good enough to listen to your heart, which you proved by bidding for the car in first place. Please post the picture if you happen to paint it.
Thanks a lot Nagumh for both your wishes and your suggestions. To me, though I am a big fan of Rallying and the Subaru Team, the Gold alloys on the Impreza WRX has never appealed to me, and I am still toying with the idea to have it done in gun metal shade, that would make the car look sportier, but not make it too bling bling and outrageous like a Gold coloured alloy would. Could you help me with photoshopped pictures of the Fiesta 1.6S Aquarius blue with gun metal OEM alloys please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
My friend and BHPian @DRIV3R got his Punto's wheels painted gun metal at the same place! 180 degree automotive in Villivakkam. He was charged Rs1000 per wheel.

I would say the job was 80% satisfactory in spite of being with them for a whole day supervising. My friend had to go them again again in a few days for a touch up at a few areas where the paint got peeled off.

But since then its been fine and no further paint peeling.

You can check his thread for some details

Will ask him to pitch in here!
Thanks a lot Auto freak. I sent DRIV3R a private message and he has advised me against getting this job done at the 180 Degree Automotive, as his experience has been- less than satisfactory for what they had charged him.

Also, since he is looking to paint the OEM alloys of his Punto 90, we are trying to go and get it done together at the Bosch store at Vadapalani. I have sent him a private message regarding this, with my mobile number. If all goes well, by July, we would have planned and accomplished something worthwhile
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 15:15   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Could you help me with photoshopped pictures of the Fiesta 1.6S Aquarius blue with gun metal OEM alloys please?
Aravind, You can check out Sathee's thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ta-1-6s-5.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks