Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2013, 14:09   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: The last Samurai - Ford Fiesta 1.6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Well, if its your car and your moolah, i dont think a bit of personalization is bad. But the problem starts if people feel the customization goes over the top and then, the entire ownership thread might get posted on our tbhp's W&W mod thread .

I am looking forward to the gunmetal paint on your ride's shoes. I have a feeling they will give your car an understated look and turns some heads when you power through corners.
Thanks Rohit, and worry not, I would not venture into any crazy mod, all external mods will be subtle. And done one by one, after assessing how that affects the looks of the car. Afterall, I wont feel bad of BlueBolt doesnt feature in the 'Pics of tastefully modified cars' thread, but it would definitely be awful to find my car in the 'W&W mod jobs' thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
We are doing it in January, bro! I found the place, no worries.
Whoa cool! So someone actually does powder-coating for alloys? In gun metal shade? Then let's do it buddy!

Really looking forward to 2014 now
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 15:03   #92
Senior - BHPian

Hey, I think I spotted your car on the NH to Redhills. I remember seeing a Aquarius S with those stickers, I am guessing it was you. I was in my Black Fiesta S.

Your bluebolt was looking fantastic that day, except for the stickers. It looked a little wierd, especially the WRC vinyl. May be the size, but it was spoiling the clean looks of your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
My humble apologies to everyone for not giving this thread the attention it deserves. Nothing much has been happening with car off late, except for a very subjective stickering I had done.
Old 22nd November 2013, 15:22   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Hey, I think I spotted your car on the NH to Redhills. I remember seeing a Aquarius S with those stickers, I am guessing it was you. I was in my Black Fiesta S.

Your bluebolt was looking fantastic that day, except for the stickers. It looked a little wierd, especially the WRC vinyl. May be the size, but it was spoiling the clean looks of your car.
Oh wow! I did spot your car too! A shiny black Fiesta 1.6 S on my way to the Tada falls on October 2nd. If I am not wrong, I saw you near Puzhal area, but I may be way off the mark, as my Geography skills are terrible
Your views on the stickering are duly noted. The stickers are starting to get boring to me as well, I might remove them after getting all your feedback and deciding on future mods.
Old 22nd November 2013, 15:58   #94
BHPian

Whoa! This is one hell of a thread! Your ownership review is one of the best i have ever come across. Shows your passion and love for cars
And this just gave me an idea to update my 'boring' ownership thread :P
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 16:04   #95
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, it was somewhere before the Puzhal Rejuvenation Home (the jail as we know it)

Any performance mods that you are planning for the S?

Quote:
Oh wow! I did spot your car too! A shiny black Fiesta 1.6 S on my way to the Tada falls on October 2nd. If I am not wrong, I saw you near Puzhal area, but I may be way off the mark, as my Geography skills are terrible
Your views on the stickering are duly noted. The stickers are starting to get boring to me as well, I might remove them after getting all your feedback and deciding on future mods.
Old 22nd November 2013, 16:07   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Whoa! This is one hell of a thread! Your ownership review is one of the best i have ever come across. Shows your passion and love for cars
And this just gave me an idea to update my 'boring' ownership thread :P
Come on Saadat, you are either being sarcastic or being extremely humble, when you say that your thread is boring and that mine is better than yours!
The drives and photos in your thread cannot be matched by this thread in near future. But still, thank you for your wishes and appreciation.

Quote:
Yeah, it was somewhere before the Puzhal Rejuvenation Home (the jail as we know it)

Any performance mods that you are planning for the S?
I do have plans, but not yet finalized. So I am not promising anything at the moment. But I can say this, I do have solid plans.

And, if you don't mind, can you tell us more about your 1.6S and the mods you have done on it?

Last edited by aravind.anand : 22nd November 2013 at 16:10.
Old 22nd November 2013, 16:25   #97
Senior - BHPian

I had lot of mechanical issues to fix in my car, did some basic mods.

I have got the Evotion Titanium endcan and have swapped the wheels from the S to my Figo and bought Lenso Azura wheels for the S.

I think I need to get a better picture of the car. There are too many dings and scratches that I want to fix and then planning a photo shoot at the Sholavaram air strip

The last Samurai - Ford Fiesta 1.6S-img_20131014_183354.jpg

Quote:
And, if you don't mind, can you tell us more about your 1.6S and the mods you have done on it?
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 16:31   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had lot of mechanical issues to fix in my car, did some basic mods.

I have got the Evotion Titanium endcan and have swapped the wheels from the S to my Figo and bought Lenso Azura wheels for the S.

I think I need to get a better picture of the car. There are too many dings and scratches that I want to fix and then planning a photo shoot at the Sholavaram air strip

Attachment 1169637
Pretty interesting, are they 16 inch alloys? I would be glad to join you for the photoshoot, should be pretty cool to have two 1.6S cars at an airstrip
Old 22nd November 2013, 16:54   #99
Senior - BHPian

Those are OE size wheels, 15".

You are welcome for the photoshoot buddy, there are some more cars that would be there.

Quote:
Pretty interesting, are they 16 inch alloys? I would be glad to join you for the photoshoot, should be pretty cool to have two 1.6S cars at an airstrip
Old 22nd November 2013, 17:00   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Those are OE size wheels, 15".

You are welcome for the photoshoot buddy, there are some more cars that would be there.
Can I join? I have a 1.6 too! It's a Silver 1.6Zxi customized with OE 'S' body kit, Lenso Samurai 14 wheels and Cosworth End can.
Old 22nd November 2013, 17:12   #101
Senior - BHPian

Sure mate, I will send a PM when my car is ready. I think I have spotted your car couple of times near Madhya Kailash, does your car have any cosworth decals on the boot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Can I join? I have a 1.6 too! It's a Silver 1.6Zxi customized with OE 'S' body kit, Lenso Samurai 14 wheels and Cosworth End can.
Old 22nd November 2013, 18:48   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Sure mate, I will send a PM when my car is ready. I think I have spotted your car couple of times near Madhya Kailash, does your car have any cosworth decals on the boot?
Thanks buddy! No decals except Team-BHP sticker and a reputed ICE installer's logo
Old 23rd November 2013, 13:24   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My humble apologies to everyone for not giving this thread the attention it deserves. Nothing much has been happening with car off late, except for a very subjective stickering I had done.

I understand that the stickers are a personal opinion and can split opinions, feel free to give your critic comments / opinions, I would welcome them too....
While I am fan of such stickers, especially on a deserving car, my 2 cents below

1. Please have all the stickers in the same color - white will be bright (my taste) while grey / silver could be a bit subtle

2. Try to have stickers with similar dimensions - that would look better. Right now, it's all NOT aligned, different dimensions etc.

I had a very similar stickering and with version 2.0 , I corrected these mistakes! My friends appreciates the second set much more than the first! And if you like, give it a wide white race stripes too. Car will look racy.
Old 23rd November 2013, 22:58   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
While I am fan of such stickers, especially on a deserving car, my 2 cents below

1. Please have all the stickers in the same color - white will be bright (my taste) while grey / silver could be a bit subtle

2. Try to have stickers with similar dimensions - that would look better. Right now, it's all NOT aligned, different dimensions etc.
Hi SwiftnFurious, thanks for your views, I have aligned and sized the bottom three stickers - Sparco, Castrol & Yokohama to form an ascending order by length. And those three are also evenly spaced out with the exact same height too. The WRC logo is the one thing that is made to a different size and spaced out more to stand out from the rest.

Shall try out your suggestion using photoshop and then take a decision

Last edited by aravind.anand : 23rd November 2013 at 22:59.
Old 24th December 2013, 14:51   #105
Senior - BHPian

congrats arvind anand, I too hae a 1.6 SXI with OEM "S" kit in diamond white shade. your blog has again revoked my old love for fiesta which was now lost with my latest possession of blue ecosport. but nevertheless, Fiesta is a master piece and i still remember days when this color and drive fascinated me to go for a petrol one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks