Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2013, 23:19   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Honda Amaze i-DTEC Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Thanks for the warm wishes Amazer2013. Many congratulations to you too for choosing the Amaze. Regarding your questions,

1. No, haven't faced any such issues from the dealership. In fact have been to two dealerships in NCR and none of them have complained. I think it will become an issue only if the ECU malfunction light comes up, which should not happen as long as proper couplers are used and no wiring is cut.

2. You could refer to the posts by Loud .
I too had given adding alloys a thought once, but haven't been able to get it done. Do post some pictures in case you add them in the near future.

3. I think it was Hamam (pardon me for the spelling). It has a decent night vision, but not the infrared LED's.

Looking forward towards your ownership report
Hi Sid,

Congrats and nice post, i had few question on the head unit, even i have bought this but facing few issues can you please help me out:

I have bought AVH X2590BT, i have a major issue with the Unit, when i am hearing to music in USB mode and if i just turn off the engine during the signals or any scenario but the music player is still on and music continues to play,now when i start the engine the music that i am playing gets reset and the music starts from the first song in the USB, this is really very annoying Are you facing the same issue?

hen checked with pioneer team they say the system was designed in such a way that the song starts from the first song every time you crank the engine while hearing to music.

Also when i am using the player if i need to hear to the previous song in shuffle mode or in MIXTRAX mode it does not go, infact it starts from the same song starting. Can anyone help me with this situation.

Can you let me know your feedback.
Old 5th October 2013, 23:21   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hi Sid,

Congrats and nice post, i had few question on the head unit, even i have bought this but facing few issues can you please help me out:

I have bought AVH X2590BT, i have a major issue with the Unit, when i am hearing to music in USB mode and if i just turn off the engine during the signals or any scenario but the music player is still on and music continues to play,now when i start the engine the music that i am playing gets reset and the music starts from the first song in the USB, this is really very annoying Are you facing the same issue?

hen checked with pioneer team they say the system was designed in such a way that the song starts from the first song every time you crank the engine while hearing to music.

Also when i am using the player if i need to hear to the previous song in shuffle mode or in MIXTRAX mode it does not go, infact it starts from the same song starting. Can anyone help me with this situation.

Can you let me know your feedback.
Hi Fusionbang,

Totally agree with you on this and wonder why Pioneer coded it this way. I have been able to find a "desi" fix for it though: whenever you turn off the engine and are about to crank it again, just move the key to the initial position (i.e. the position where the power to the stereo is cut and the key is free to be removed) and then move all the way from ignition I to ignition II and crank the engine. Doing this way, the system saves your current song and you will continue hearing it from the same point. Let me know if this helps.

I don't use shuffle or MIXTRAX much and don't have an idea about this.

Cheers,

Sid
Old 6th October 2013, 00:59   #63
BHPian

Hey guys,

Check my first travelogue in my Amaze. Rajapalayam-Bangalore-Goa-Bangalore 1500kms of fun, excitement and entertainment. Truly Amazing...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post3257921

Regards,

Guru...
Old 21st November 2013, 09:54   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
As per the dealer, the engine oil and filter cost Rs. 1200 and 300 respectively. Also the lubricants don't require replacement at every 20,000 kms like the Swift. For instance, the coolant is good till 1,00,000 kms!!
Hi Sid,

The engine oil cost you mentioned I suppose is per litre cost. How much oil is used in Amaze(Around 3-3.5 ltr)? Have you got the oil changed as of now?
And what are the oil change intervals in Amaze?
Old 21st November 2013, 19:18   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Congratulations bro.

The Amaze is the most value for money sedan out there. I am glad that Honda has not scrimped on ABS and Tachometer even in the base version. Other manufacturers make you buy the top end version just to get basic safety feature like ABS.

My father in law bought the E(base) petrol variant and I have been quite happy with the performance. For 6 lakhs on the road the base petrol variant is a good value for a family looking for spacious sedan that is cheap to buy and maintain.

Kudos to Honda for putting central locking, power windows, Tacho & ABS(In Deisel only) even in the base E variant.
Old 19th June 2014, 21:17   #66
BHPian

Have you installed auto lock + buzzer /auto ?
Any idea how much a set of full wheel trim costs?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks