Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2013, 19:54   #31
BHPian

Re: My cool blue Honda Amaze - 1.2L Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
That automatically implies that they will not honour any claim in case something goes wrong. using it as excuse especially if something happens to suspension.

Obviously, you will not claim warranty if everything works right

Cheers
MKP
True, theoretically, I would claim warranty only if something goes wrong, but then, won't they need to show that it went wrong because I increased the tyre width by just 1 cm? To me, it seemed a little far fetched that the car may have suspension or other mechanical problems because of having 1 cm wider tyres. Of course, I am assuming here that Honda will act honourably and not use a flimsy and far fetched excuse to wriggle out of the warranty.
Old 7th June 2013, 17:19   #32
BHPian

Congratulations Top-Gear on your Amaze. I saw an Amaze in this blue a couple of days ago and I must it looks really cool.

Mechanically this should be pretty similar to the Brio. I had driven it once and it was a nifty handler in bumper to bumper traffic. Even though a few of us have been complaining about the scooped out front seats, I think these are the kind of ideas which appeal to a section of the Indian customers. Remember Vento when launched, had everyone talking about the option where the sethji sitting on the back seat could push the passenger seat forward using a lever for a few inches of extra legroom.

Another good thing that they have done with the Amaze is the 10k service interval. Also do us give us an idea about your in-city "kitna deti hai ?" figures.

Wishing you thousands of miles if happy and safe motoring.

Cheers
Old 7th June 2013, 18:08   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Congratulations Top-Gear on your Amaze. I saw an Amaze in this blue a couple of days ago and I must it looks really cool.

Mechanically this should be pretty similar to the Brio. I had driven it once and it was a nifty handler in bumper to bumper traffic. Even though a few of us have been complaining about the scooped out front seats, I think these are the kind of ideas which appeal to a section of the Indian customers. Remember Vento when launched, had everyone talking about the option where the sethji sitting on the back seat could push the passenger seat forward using a lever for a few inches of extra legroom.

Another good thing that they have done with the Amaze is the 10k service interval. Also do us give us an idea about your in-city "kitna deti hai ?" figures.

Cheers
Mechanically very similar to the Brio...except for the 1.5 iDtec
Just kidding I know you are talking about the other aspects.

Didn't know the Vento had that seat adjustment lever as well. I thought only Skoda had it in the Rapid (and other cars) with the name as "Ergo-lever.
Old 7th June 2013, 18:13   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Mechanically very similar to the Brio...except for the 1.5 iDtec
Just kidding I know you are talking about the other aspects.
Mentioned mechanically similar as M-power got the petrol version. I assume that the engine in the Amaze and Brio have the same state of tune. And all other mechanicals are more or less the same.

Quote:
Didn't know the Vento had that seat adjustment lever as well. I thought only Skoda had it in the Rapid (and other cars) with the name as "Ergo-lever.
Thanks. The "ergo-lever" term skipped my mind. I had checked it out on the Vento about a couple of years back on a TD. Obviously only the HL variant gets it.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 18:54   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post

Cheers
Thank you baddychat, for your compliments and good wishes! Very nice of you.

Yes, it is a nifty handler in traffic, especially since it is sooo easy to drive around (light steering and clutch, primarily). But truth be told, I do miss my hatch in those situations .

The scooped out front seat is a nifty little trick to increase space at the rear without affecting front seat comfort too much.

The average I get in the short daily runs I do in medium to heavy trafic with lots of signals and stop and go is about 10.5 kmpl (digital readings). Seems a lot less as compared to her diesel sibling! Haven't had the chance to take her out on highway runs yet.
Old 12th July 2013, 19:11   #36
BHPian

Since many of you wanted me to continue updating the thread with my experiences, here's an update after around 2.5 months:

1. One thing which is very notable about the car is that it's very easy to find your most comfy driving position. i was able to do that in maybe 5 minutes and then I 'felt at home'.

2. Visibility of road and surroundings is excellent. The large greenhouse adds to the visibility.

Other things I noticed:

1. The windshield wipers make a lot of noise. In fact, in the bountiful Mumbai rains, they contribute to the NVH more than the engine . When the car is idling, I cannot hear/feel the engine, but I can hear the wipers and can even feel a slight jerk every time they move .

2. As one enters the cabin, there is a kind of a threshold near the door, which is not covered by the floor mats. Being beige in colour, it is very prone to getting soiled.

Fuel efficiency:

The FE figures continue to hover around 11, but for the kind of daily runs I have (explained in earlier posts), it seems okay. haven't still had a chance to take her out on a long highway trip.
Old 26th July 2013, 08:08   #37
BHPian

How is the airconditioning??
Old 26th July 2013, 15:21   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
As one enters the cabin, there is a kind of a threshold near the door, which is not covered by the floor mats. Being beige in colour, it is very prone to getting soiled.
This I believe is similar in the Brio too. Suggest you get a set of 3D mats to cover those gaps or maybe even 3M Nomad mats.

My wife uses 3M nomad mats in her Brio and its a snug fit covering those small gaps. In fact the 3M guys had cut the nomad mats to perfection so that it even covers the small area under the boot and fuel release lever.

Congrats on your Amaze and drive safe
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 15:50   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwetanshu View Post
How is the airconditioning??
The air conditioning is very good. Fit for purpose and no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
This I believe is similar in the Brio too. Suggest you get a set of 3D mats to cover those gaps or maybe even 3M Nomad mats.

My wife uses 3M nomad mats in her Brio and its a snug fit covering those small gaps. In fact the 3M guys had cut the nomad mats to perfection so that it even covers the small area under the boot and fuel release lever.

Congrats on your Amaze and drive safe
Thanks Arup! I didn't know the 3D mats and 3M Nomad cover that area as well. I already plonked ~ Rs 3800 for the two layers of matting . It looks good (transparent and smoked), but leaves out those areas :-(.
Old 5th August 2013, 19:59   #40
BHPian

Went for the second service (3 months). Was mostly a check up. Really like the way they delivered my car - all spick and span. Little thoughtful touches like covering up the driver seat before using it; 'Thank you for visiting' paper mats; folding some plastic bags kept in the door pockets and putting them inside a ziplock bag made me SMILE.
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 17:26   #41
BHPian

Can you post some pics of your car's new tyres?
Old 18th September 2013, 14:25   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Can you post some pics of your car's new tyres?
Hello skyfire2892,
Here are couple of pics of my 185/65 R14 Michelin XM2
Attached Thumbnails
My cool blue Honda Amaze - 1.2L Petrol-img_20130918_112609.jpg  

My cool blue Honda Amaze - 1.2L Petrol-img_20130918_112614.jpg  

Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 12:42   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
Thank you, Shiv_1984!

3. As mentioned, the stock tyres were MRF ZTVT 175/65 R14, which I promptly got replaced with Michelin Energy XM2 185/65 R14 (after market).

Let me know if you have any other queries. Thanks!
Hi Top-Gear!
The review of GTO and your ownership review made me change my mind from going in for ETIOS Petrol to Amaze Petrol, and my luck SX variant was launched at that time! Without any booking, an Urban Titanium Color SX Petrol was in transit to the dealer and I booked it immediately. A week back I took delivery of my car and a couple of days back I got the after market alloys I had ordered. Mine had come with Good Year tyres and I plan to change them while fitting the alloys. I have a few queries to you
1) The best brand tyres for Amaze? Is it only Michelin Energy XM2 or any other?
2) The best size a) 185/60R14 as GTO had mentioned or 185/65R14 or 195/60R14?
Old 10th February 2014, 17:30   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
Hi Top-Gear!
The review of GTO and your ownership review made me change my mind from going in for ETIOS Petrol to Amaze Petrol, and my luck SX variant was launched at that time! Without any booking, an Urban Titanium Color SX Petrol was in transit to the dealer and I booked it immediately. A week back I took delivery of my car and a couple of days back I got the after market alloys I had ordered. Mine had come with Good Year tyres and I plan to change them while fitting the alloys. I have a few queries to you
Hi there!
I am happy you went for the Amaze . Congratulations and join the club! Back when I booked, I rued the lack of an S variant with the safety features. Given the option, I would have definitely gone for the SX! Am happy that you are going for it.

I am no expert on tyres, so a look through the tyre thread would help. I went for 185/65 R14 michelin XM2. I am very happy with the Michelins. Much better grip, more comfortable ride! Some experts on the forum suggested later that 185/60 R14 would have been better since 185/65 would mean overall ~2% increase in the circumference. From my limited knowledge, the other popular choices seem to be Yokohama A series (some suggest that the softer compound of the Yokos mean more comfortable ride but they also seem to be more prone to punctures. Bridgestone (Turanza maybe? not sure...) seem to be among the popular choice.
Old 10th February 2014, 17:44   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
Hi Top-Gear!
I would also recommend Michelin. They offer good ride and support. 185/60 and 195/60 would keep difference less than 2% and 185/65 would keep difference slightly above 2%. 195s would offer superior ride. Also don't forget larger tire size means speedo error will be more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks