Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2015, 12:45   #31
BHPian

Re: The Black Knight: Toyota Etios Liva G

Sorry Rakesh, I did not keep track of this thread as nothing was there to report. The Black Knight went for its 30,000km servicing yesterday (clocked in 22 months). Apart from the regular paraphernalia like oil filter change, they also changed the intake air filter and wiper blade. As I have subscribed to the 'Smiles' programme, total cost incurred was Rs. 548 inclusive of parts and labor.

During these winter months, we got a steady mileage of 13.5-14kmpl strictly with city driving. In highways, with 100% AC and a speed of 90-110 kmph with five adults on board and luggage, we got 15kmpl. In city conditions in summer with 50% AC, we never got below 12.5-13kmpl. The catch I think to get the best mileage in this car, is to keep a steady check on your tyre pressure. I fill nitrogen at 34psi for front wheels and 32psi for rear wheels. Lower tyre pressures will give a lower mileage.

A really hassle free car. Strongly recommended for people who like a car with minimum niggles with a pleasant driving experience and not care a hoot about feeling like a 'Saabji' when seated inside.
Old 29th August 2015, 14:13   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
A really hassle free car. Strongly recommended for people who like a car with minimum niggles with a pleasant driving experience and not care a hoot about feeling like a 'Saabji' when seated inside.
I whole heartedly agree with Inquisitive's observation and I have a exactly similar Balck Beauty in my stable to confirm the same.

However I would like the following to be taken into notice by Toyota in next iterations (well they already got one out):
Engine noise in Petrol version
Overall quality of Instrument cluster and information displayed on the fly
Rear wiper/defogger at least in G
Improve on sound insulation in the cabin
Company fitted parcel tray to accommodate rear speakers like Hyundai or provide option for rear door mounting.

Here is my Dark Knight in all it's glory.
Attached Thumbnails
The Black Knight: Toyota Etios Liva G-tbs-nokia-lumia-625_20141225_001.jpeg  

The Black Knight: Toyota Etios Liva G-tbs-nokia-lumia-625_20141225_008.jpeg  

The Black Knight: Toyota Etios Liva G-tbs-nokia-lumia-625_20141227_002.jpg  

The Black Knight: Toyota Etios Liva G-tbs-nokia-lumia-625_20141227_007.jpg  

tathagata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 16:02   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tathagata View Post

However I would like the following to be taken into notice by Toyota in next iterations (well they already got one out):
Engine noise in Petrol version
Overall quality of Instrument cluster and information displayed on the fly
Rear wiper/defogger at least in G
Improve on sound insulation in the cabin
Company fitted parcel tray to accommodate rear speakers like Hyundai or provide option for rear door mounting.
Try filling 34 psi in all four tyres as opposed to Toyota recommended 32/29 (f/r). In case you are filling it early in the morning, then you can stick to the recommended pressure. In my experience, overall handling and ride comfort improved and tyre noise decreased dramatically at this setup.

One more thing that you will also realize especially in Kolkata is that how the body absorbs minor impacts with motorcycles or from smaller hatchbacks. The other day an Alto 800 impacted my boot door while my car was stationary. While my car's rear hatch was dented without any loss of paint, the bonnet of the other car was raised by 3-4 inches and could not be closed .

Wishing you many many happy miles
Attached Thumbnails
The Black Knight: Toyota Etios Liva G-img20150827wa0000.jpg  

Old 29th August 2015, 16:18   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
One more thing that you will also realize especially in Kolkata is that how the body absorbs minor impacts with motorcycles or from smaller hatchbacks. The other day an Alto 800 impacted my boot door while my car was stationary. While my car's rear hatch was dented without any loss of paint, the bonnet of the other car was raised by 3-4 inches and could not be closed .
Could not agree more I too have couple of very small dents mostly caused by Bikewallas in their haste to squeeze in and another issue for me are cycles as I move around Behala & Howrah Shibpur. Black gives a headache to maintain but once kept in ship shape it is too lustrous to look at even in form of Liva Thanks for your wishes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks