Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2013, 21:58   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Silver Maruti Ritz (Petrol) : Ownership Experience

Satshan, Does it look sportier? what do you think guys?

My Silver Maruti Ritz (Petrol) : Ownership Experience-5car.jpg

My Silver Maruti Ritz (Petrol) : Ownership Experience-123.jpg

Last edited by silverado : 3rd July 2013 at 22:05.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 22:33   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Looks much much better now, in case your chrome mirror covers have worn off, get them removed and check out how it looks.

Check out the below pic, cover the painted sections by a black paper on both the wheel caps and then check out how it looks, if you like it, colour it.

Remove the PRIGAN logo , put a suzuki logo in black instead over there.

Dont mess too much with dash, rather than getting it painted why dont you buy a silver one from MASS. Also i feel a piano black finish as in international ritz will look much better rather than the silver one.

You can get the tacho fitted on the dash and add a clock inside it.

Also adding side strips on all 4 doors will enhance the side profile which otherwise looks bland
Thanks Silverado! Original mirror color is matt black. I suppose it should gel with the car since the B-pillar and rims are black now. Painting the wheel-caps as shown in your pic definitely gives a sportier look. Will surely try the same with Suzuki logo.

I think buying a new Dash from MASS will be a costly affair, rather I will leave it as it is.

Reg. side strips, do you mean the long bumper strips on both sides? I was thinking of attaching Door sill guards for side protection.
Satshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 23:09   #63
Senior - BHPian

I too have an LXi and you may be interested to see the cf treatment to various parts of my Ritz in this thread and probably get some ideas too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-stickers.html
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 09:55   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I too have an LXi and you may be interested to see the cf treatment to various parts of my Ritz in this thread and probably get some ideas too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-stickers.html
Thanks S2. I checked the link and saw your pics. Your car looks much better after that treatment.

I have two queries:
  • Where can I get them done in Bangalore? (Carbon Fibre treatment)
  • How costly will it be?
I can definitely enquire about the costing, but need some inputs from fellow bhpians in Bangalore about the shop location.
Old 5th July 2013, 14:28   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post

Thanks S2. I checked the link and saw your pics. Your car looks much better after that treatment.

I have two queries:
[*]Where can I get them done in Bangalore? (Carbon Fibre treatment)[*]How costly will it be?I can definitely enquire about the costing, but need some inputs from fellow bhpians in Bangalore about the shop location.
You might not get the same design as this was primarily done by a friend in the coating industry for experimental purpose on my car but you can get the matte carbon fibre vinyl which is in vogue these days and apply it to the desired parts of your car. You may contact fellow bhpian Kartikk who has stickered his Punto with the cf vinyl for the cost and location in Bangalore.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 17:20   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

You might not get the same design as this was primarily done by........fellow bhpian Kartikk who has stickered his Punto with the cf vinyl for the cost and location in Bangalore.
Cubic printing can be done in Bangalore. Costs about 750 bucks a part. I got wood finish done on my car.
suneet_ag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 21:30   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneet_ag View Post
Cubic printing can be done in Bangalore. Costs about 750 bucks a part. I got wood finish done on my car.
Thank you Suneet and S2.

Suneet: If you can post some pictures of your car so that it gives me a better idea. Also where exactly in Bangalore have you done this work? i.e. shop address and location.
Old 24th July 2013, 14:31   #68
BHPian

Sorry guys, was held up last few weeks. I have painted the wheelcaps with Aerosol spray as suggested by Silverado. Also vinyl work done on the front and rear. AC vents and center console painted in silver. Thanks to Loud and Silverado! Do shower your comments...
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Maruti Ritz (Petrol) : Ownership Experience-1.jpg  

My Silver Maruti Ritz (Petrol) : Ownership Experience-2.jpg  

My Silver Maruti Ritz (Petrol) : Ownership Experience-3.jpg  

My Silver Maruti Ritz (Petrol) : Ownership Experience-5.jpg  

My Silver Maruti Ritz (Petrol) : Ownership Experience-6.jpg  

My Silver Maruti Ritz (Petrol) : Ownership Experience-7.jpg  

Satshan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 19:41   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
Okay. I have tried to show you how the car will look after the paint-job, which I suggested. Sorry for the bad quality, but I am not having Photoshop in my PC, so gave a try in MS Paint.
Have made changes as per suggestions given. The number plates for front and rear had to be changed as well along with the Vinyl stickers. The default ones from Maruti looked odd since they were much big in size and didn't look good after the vinyl work. Interiors look a bit richer now after they are painted in silver. Let me know your thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
In case your chrome mirror covers have worn off, get them removed and check out how it looks. Check out the below pic, cover the painted sections by a black paper on both the wheel caps and then check out how it looks, if you like it, colour it.
I have replaced old ones with new Mirror covers. Painting wheel-caps as per your pic definitely gives it a far better look. Good one!
Satshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 13:11   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Painting wheel-caps as per your pic definitely gives it a far better look. Good one!
Thanks man, all i wanted was a unique looking set of wheel caps and you have done a good job
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 16:44   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry guys, was held up last few weeks. I have painted the wheelcaps with Aerosol spray as suggested by Silverado. Also vinyl work done on the front and rear. AC vents and center console painted in silver. Thanks to Loud and Silverado! Do shower your comments...
Great work done! The interiors look really rich and premium. Infact, it resembles the V/Z variants now. The wheel covers need to be changed IMO. I have added some points below from the pics posted:
- The interiors look very nice. No need to overdo them. They are perfectly fine.
- The wheel covers look really odd because of the design maybe. I think it would look better even without the wheel covers. Try that.
- The exterior work looks good, so does the number plate. The number plates could have been better also; embossed letters with green highlight. The only thing that spoil the look are the bumper protectors. I would suggest you to remove them and add the transparent ones. They are also available as full set (for bumper, mirrors, doors, fenders; all in one set) and look way better. Attaching a pic from T-BHP for reference:

My Silver Maruti Ritz (Petrol) : Ownership Experience-20130427_190148.jpg

Link to more images: Here

Sorry for the late reply. I wasn't able to login due to work.
Loud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 11:39   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Great work done! The interiors look really rich and premium. Infact, it resembles the V/Z variants now. The wheel covers need to be changed IMO. I have added some points below from the pics posted:
- The interiors look very nice. No need to overdo them. They are perfectly fine.
- The wheel covers look really odd because of the design maybe. I think it would look better even without the wheel covers. Try that.
- The exterior work looks good, so does the number plate. The number plates could have been better also; embossed letters with green highlight. The only thing that spoil the look are the bumper protectors. I would suggest you to remove them and add the transparent ones. They are also available as full set (for bumper, mirrors, doors, fenders; all in one set) and look way better. Attaching a pic from T-BHP for reference.
Thank you Loud. Yes, it looks good without the wheel caps as well, but I have put so much effort on them, hence don't want to remove those as of now.

I have already removed the old bumper protectors and added a chrome protector to the entire bumper.

The pic that you attached looks better on sedans like Dzire, Vento, etc. since the side profile continues to the rear end of the bumper. On the Ritz, that's not the case. There are rear wheel arches which do not continue with the rear bumper. Hence, we cannot add bumper protectors side-ways. Pic attached.
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Maruti Ritz (Petrol) : Ownership Experience-untitled.jpg  

Old 19th November 2013, 18:51   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Loud. Yes, it looks good without the wheel caps as well, but I have put so much effort on them, hence don't want to remove those as of now.

I have already removed the old bumper protectors and added a chrome protector to the entire bumper.

The pic that you attached looks better on sedans like Dzire, Vento, etc. since the side profile continues to the rear end of the bumper. On the Ritz, that's not the case. There are rear wheel arches which do not continue with the rear bumper. Hence, we cannot add bumper protectors side-ways. Pic attached.
Ok. As you wish. I just suggested to remove the wheel caps (as I saw a White Ritz without them and it looked certainly sportier) and you can continue with them.

Do post some snaps of the rear bumper protector you got. Sorry I didn't think from that aspect (that the Ritz's bumper is flared) but I think I saw a Ritz with these protectors, attached from the extreme edge of the bumper above the mud flaps.

What about painting door handles to body colour? Adding chrome covers is a nice option too.

Well, do post updates about your ownership. Mileage figures? Problems? Services?

EDIT: My 201th post!
Old 19th November 2013, 19:17   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Ok. As you wish. I just suggested to remove the wheel caps (as I saw a White Ritz without them and it looked certainly sportier) and you can continue with them.

Do post some snaps of the rear bumper protector you got. Sorry I didn't think from that aspect (that the Ritz's bumper is flared) but I think I saw a Ritz with these protectors, attached from the extreme edge of the bumper above the mud flaps.

What about painting door handles to body colour? Adding chrome covers is a nice option too.

Well, do post updates about your ownership. Mileage figures? Problems? Services?

EDIT: My 201th post!
I would prefer not to paint them, rather use chrome covers.

The mileage hovers between 14-15 kmpl in the city (with 50% AC). I will complete 2nd year of ownership in Jan 2014. The ODO has clocked above 18K kms now. I have done three services so far and the fourth one is due now. Maruti service has been spot-on. Zero niggles/problems so far.

Here is the rear bumper pic. IMO looks ok. (at least better than the last one)
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Maruti Ritz (Petrol) : Ownership Experience-20131119_134946.jpg  

Satshan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 18:20   #75
BHPian

Quote:
I would prefer not to paint them, rather use chrome covers.

The mileage hovers between 14-15 kmpl in the city (with 50% AC). I will complete 2nd year of ownership in Jan 2014. The ODO has clocked above 18K kms now. I have done three services so far and the fourth one is due now. Maruti service has been spot-on. Zero niggles/problems so far.

Here is the rear bumper pic. IMO looks ok. (at least better than the last one)
Uh Satshan. I think it is chrome overdose! (Really sorry but couldn't see your Ritz like that; the protector looks more like the ones used in modern buses)

It looks better than the previous one but one strip would be more than enough, both in form and function. I strongly recommend you to remove the lower piece, please.

That aside, nice to hear that you are satisfied with Maruti's service and the car. What were the amounts incurred in the services?

Last edited by Loud : 20th November 2013 at 18:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks