Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2013, 18:46   #76
BHPian

Re: My Silver Maruti Ritz (Petrol) : Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
Uh Satshan. I think it is chrome overdose! (Really sorry but couldn't see your Ritz like that; the protector looks more like the ones used in modern buses)

It looks better than the previous one but one strip would be more than enough, both in form and function. I strongly recommend you to remove the lower piece, please.

That aside, nice to hear that you are satisfied with Maruti's service and the car. What were the amounts incurred in the services?
Yes, that looks overdone. I agree with you, but I realized it only after getting it done.

The first and second service was free of cost, while the third one had oil change with Wheel balancing and Alignment. Hence it total billing cost was approx. Rs 4000.
Old 20th November 2013, 22:52   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Wheel balancing and Alignment. Hence it total billing cost was approx. Rs 4000.
Advice you to get the Wheel alignment, Wheel balancing and rotation outside rather than MASS. They hardly do the job and charge a bomb for it.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 14:37   #78
BHPian

Quote:
The first and second service was free of cost, while the third one had oil change with Wheel balancing and Alignment. Hence it total billing cost was approx. Rs 4000.
How much did the balancing and alignment cost? In January 2013, when I gave my DZire for service, they were charging Rs. 600 (or Rs. ~650), which I refused to get done. I got it done at a slightly lower price from outside (hardly Rs. 50 difference).
Loud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 18:23   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Advice you to get the Wheel alignment, Wheel balancing and rotation outside rather than MASS. They hardly do the job and charge a bomb for it.

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag. The 3rd service was done in Thane, Maharashtra. When I did the Wheel alignment from MASS, I was standing besides my car to inspect their work. The whole job was completed within 15-20 minutes.

The next time I did it (last month) was from Madhus Enterprises, Bangalore. There work was much better compared to MASS.

Quote:
How much did the balancing and alignment cost? In January 2013, when I gave my DZire for service, they were charging Rs. 600 (or Rs. ~650), which I refused to get done. I got it done at a slightly lower price from outside (hardly Rs. 50 difference).
The balancing and alignment cost was close to Rs. 700 from MASS. This was done in Dec 2012. From Madhus, it was around Rs. 800/-.
Satshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 22:31   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
The next time I did it (last month) was from Madhus Enterprises, Bangalore. There work was much better compared to MASS.

The balancing and alignment cost was close to Rs. 700 from MASS. This was done in Dec 2012. From Madhus, it was around Rs. 800/-.
I have stopped getting the Wheel Alignment, Wheel balancing and wheel rotation from MASS an year back. I get it done at a Bridgestone's wheel alignment shop.

I do the Wheel alignment, balancing every 5000 kms and rotation 8-10K kms from the last one. I am charged Rs 450 for both and there is a difference post the work and it takes around 40-50 minutes for the work.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 05:04   #81
BHPian

Hi Bhpians, I reside in KR Puram, Bangalore. I have decided to do some more modifications in my Ritz LXi.

Things that I have planned are:

1. Art Leather seat covers (currently normal Fabric seat covers: black color)
I am thinking of going to Imperial Inc, Bilekahalli, B.G. Road. to get this done.

2. All 4 Power windows (Manual windows feel old-school and less convenient)
Preferring a Maruti Authorized center. Most probably Surakshaa Motors, Bommanahalli.

3. Driver Armrest (comfortable for long journeys)
Not sure about a good dealer.

4. Reverse Parking sensors
Planning to install them from Sachin Auto Shop in Koramangala.

5. Door Visors
From any local Auto dealer.

6. Rear Spoiler.
Not sure about a good dealer.

7. Floor Matting (Similar to how 3M Car care guys do)
Not sure about a good dealer. Don't want to approach 3M, they charge you a Bomb!

For all of the above, any better Auto accessories shops in Bangalore which provide good service and economic installations, please let me know. Looking forward to your suggestions/advices.
Old 10th October 2015, 12:18   #82
BHPian

Hello Satshan, that's some nice work on your Ritz, especially the DIYs. I am myself looking forward to painting my alloys black. But before that I have a lot of questions. I want to know what exactly we need for this DIY. Do we need a primer? If yes, a regular or aluminum one? Do we need some heat resistant paints or the normal aerosols? And are these things available at a local hardware store?
Arsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 12:27   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsi View Post
Hello Satshan, that's some nice work on your Ritz, especially the DIYs. I am myself looking forward to painting my alloys black. But before that I have a lot of questions. I want to know what exactly we need for this DIY. Do we need a primer? If yes, a regular or aluminum one? Do we need some heat resistant paints or the normal aerosols? And are these things available at a local hardware store?
Hi Arsi, sorry for replying late. Thanks for the DIY's compliment. I did it myself using Black Aerosol paints available with local hardware stores. Not sure how much effective it can be on Alloys, since I have done it on non-alloy ones. You have coat it 2-3 times to get a shiny look.
Old 20th February 2016, 21:27   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Arsi, sorry for replying late. Thanks for the DIY's compliment. I did it myself using Black Aerosol paints available with local hardware stores. Not sure how much effective it can be on Alloys, since I have done it on non-alloy ones. You have coat it 2-3 times to get a shiny look.
Hey satshan, yes you replied quite late because i already got it painted from a local store who charged 800 bucks per tyre.

And now I am regretting. He promised one year warranty with topmost finish. Just two days after, the paint started coming off. I have been visiting him since then and he has done almost 10 coats but in vain. Now even I am getting tired of going there again and again
Old 10th April 2016, 02:41   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsi View Post
Hey satshan, yes you replied quite late because i already got it painted from a local store who charged 800 bucks per tyre.

And now I am regretting. He promised one year warranty with topmost finish. Just two days after, the paint started coming off. I have been visiting him since then and he has done almost 10 coats but in vain. Now even I am getting tired of going there again and again
Sorry for the inconvenience. Busy nowadays due to office work. Ask him to return your money if its not working after so much efforts. Btw, which paint is he using? Is the Aerosol paint from F1 brand?

Most Viewed