Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2013, 18:18   #16
BHPian

Re: It's Turbo Time! My pre-worshipped Hyundai Getz CRDi

Wasnt there a possiblity for you to go for a better aftermarket clutch setup from either Exedy or the stock is suited better. What is the average life of the clutches in diesel cars.
Old 6th October 2013, 15:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Wasnt there a possiblity for you to go for a better aftermarket clutch setup from either Exedy or the stock is suited better. What is the average life of the clutches in diesel cars.

Aftermarket clutch for the Getz would have been good, but availabilty is a problem and i couldn't have the car lying the garage for long since its a daily drive. Clutch life varies strongly on usage and driving conditions. I read another forum member on 90k plus on the odo and still on the stock clutch. But i guess 58k odd is an ok number. What baffles me is the price.
Old 7th October 2013, 14:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post

Aftermarket clutch for the Getz would have been good, but availabilty is a problem and i couldn't have the car lying the garage for long since its a daily drive. Clutch life varies strongly on usage and driving conditions. I read another forum member on 90k plus on the odo and still on the stock clutch. But i guess 58k odd is an ok number. What baffles me is the price.
I've been driving my Getz Crdi for about 68,000 kms now and am still on stock clutch. No problems yet, but I don't expect the clutch to last much longer.

I have upgraded to a Cruze since Aug 2011 but keep the Getz as a home car used for kids' school drop duty. I am planning to buy a new car for home duty next year but was not planning to sell the Getz because I love the car too much. However your information about high cost of spares is disconcerting and is making me reconsider my decision.

Enjoy your car, very few cars can come close to the diesel rocket.
Old 1st April 2015, 11:40   #19

Hey balenopower.
I'm in the market for a Getz CRDI and I was hoping to ask you a few questions.
Since I'm a Junior member, I can't send you a PM.
I live in Pune and was hoping I could get some pointers since you are based out of here too.

I hope you read this eventually, thanks in advance!

Most Viewed