Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2013, 11:02   #61
BHPian

Re: It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yes it works like a charm on any car and not just Duster. The damping mats make a huge difference to audio quality and the added benefit is the solid feel in the doors instead of hollow.

You can actually take a look at Ampere's car in person once you're back, he stays nearby

I think he got it done in Sachin's auto shop but there are quite a few others as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I dont have any snaps. Its was all fixed about a year back. Material used was Dynamat. They typically use only around the speaker region. I asked them install the whole sheet all through the inner and outer lining. Costed about 14K. (The material I gather is expensive. But the guys did good work)
Guys, any idea what this Sound Deadening Pads are

http://customercare.tatamotors.com/service/antiRust.asp

For Duster, it should come about 3750. Not sure of the quality and size of Deadening pads, but its cheaper that Dynamat.
Old 26th October 2013, 18:35   #62
Team-BHP Support

Re: It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
Guys, any idea what this Sound Deadening Pads are
I have no idea. My primary reason for usage was to damp the door more to get a heavier feeling. It was not for a better audio requirement! I think noise isolation gain might just be marginal.
Old 28th October 2013, 19:56   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
Guys time for an update.
I was looking for a front armrest for Duster.
I have done quite a research on this.
I wanted armrest which doesn't become a pain to use & also keep all functions working like putting seat belt,engaging handbrake & rear cup holder.
My search ended with the armrest of Tata Safari.
I bought complete set which includes Armrest & lever on which armrest fits & moves.
Did you get this from Tata Motors or from after market ? I tried looking for it in Patparganj workshop, the guy there was clueless. He gave a vague idea of cost ~ 5500. How much did it cost you ?

Last edited by austere_sly : 28th October 2013 at 19:57.
Old 31st October 2013, 10:59   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
Did you get this from Tata Motors or from after market ? I tried looking for it in Patparganj workshop, the guy there was clueless. He gave a vague idea of cost ~ 5500. How much did it cost you ?
Try sourcing it from Mayapuri. It got a complete set with fitting from there.
Old 2nd January 2014, 09:31   #65
BHPian

Re: It’s SUV, It's Sedan, No its crossover The DUSTER: Ownership Review

Quote:
Interiors

Renault logo shadow ghost light
LED Scuff plates
LED tail lamp Bulb
Roots Megasonic horns
HSR, Please advise where you bought these items and how much did it cost. I have booked a Duster and would like to add these to my accessories list. If through a website, please send me a link for the same. Appreciate your feedback, you may as well PM me these details. Jk
Old 21st January 2014, 23:34   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
HSR, Please advise where you bought these items and how much did it cost. I have booked a Duster and would like to add these to my accessories list. If through a website, please send me a link for the same. Appreciate your feedback, you may as well PM me these details. Jk
Sorry for the late reply.
All these accessories can be found at good accessory shop.
BTW, When are you expecting delivery of the vehicle,Duster upgrade is due, not sure about the launch yet.Are you aware of that.
h.s.r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 08:12   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply.
All these accessories can be found at good accessory shop.
BTW, When are you expecting delivery of the vehicle,Duster upgrade is due, not sure about the launch yet.Are you aware of that.
I am in Iran now and should be home by 28th. Taking delivery on 29th or 30th itself. Yes, I am aware of the new facelift Duster, but it is not until 2015, my Sales Advr said. So I am not waiting till then.
Old 8th March 2014, 04:55   #68
BHPian

Guys I am looking at the Duster as my next car and wanted to know how is the noise insulation in the vehicle (how much of the road noise seeps in while driving)? The dealership here in Navi Mumbai is not ready to give a long test drive to test out such features
Thanks in advance
Old 8th March 2014, 07:42   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth View Post
Guys I am looking at the Duster as my next car and wanted to know how is the noise insulation in the vehicle (how much of the road noise seeps in while driving)? The dealership here in Navi Mumbai is not ready to give a long test drive to test out such features
Thanks in advance
Engine and tyre noise are very well insulated. NVH are quite good (I speak for the 85 version). But on the highway, what comes in, is the wind noise.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 12:41   #70
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 13th March 2014 at 16:12.
vibhavraghav is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th June 2014, 11:49   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Congrats on the ride. I'd suggest you getting your getting lower parts of the front and rear bumpers painted in body colour... Will add to the look... Just picked up a Duster as well. Here's a pic of mine with the painted bumpers and upgraded rims:

Attachment 1096135
Hi AdiSinghV12,

Could you please let me know the make and cost of the alloys you have installed on your duster, if you have upgraded the alloys and tyre size kindly let me know the same too.

Thanks !
Old 21st June 2014, 09:16   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillaian View Post
Hi AdiSinghV12,

Could you please let me know the make and cost of the alloys you have installed on your duster, if you have upgraded the alloys and tyre size kindly let me know the same too.

Thanks !
Hi, the tire size is same and I have just swapped the OEM alloys with Lenso ones... Costed about 40k from Autopsyche.
Old 29th June 2014, 17:12   #73
BHPian

Quote:
No issues till date. I got both inner and outer linings damped. I have seen through one monsoon and second is in progress. (And I am staring at 21K on the odo.)
Quote:
Damp both the inner and outer linings of the doors. I think the rattle can almost be removed. Plus you would get the "feel" of a heavier door.

How is the dampening holding on your doors? Could you post some pictures of the same as I too plan to do the same. Really getting annoyed by the clunk sound while closing the door.
Old 29th June 2014, 17:24   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
How is the dampening holding on your doors? Could you post some pictures of the same as I too plan to do the same. Really getting annoyed by the clunk sound while closing the door.
It is as is. Its nearing 2 years now since its been changed. So over all no complaints.
Old 29th June 2014, 17:26   #75
BHPian

Could you pl let me know the price of the arm rest?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks