Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2013, 16:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

A very good review of what's India fastest hatch. Considering so much praise for the car from someone like you means this car is really very good. Love the choice of colour as well. The black looks slightly aggressive with all that smoked headlamps in the new Polo.

Wish you a enjoyable ownership period with your car. Will stay hooked to see the modifications
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 16:44   #17
BHPian

re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
I have already ordered the OEM Polo armrest and should get it fitted soon.
Could you please post some details about the armrest. I'm in the market for the same and would like to get it installed ASAP.
esma1981 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 17:38   #18
BHPian

Congratulations! Truly a hot hatch...but too expensive OTR in Bangalore :(
Old 12th June 2013, 17:50   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on the buy Robi! Looks very good in the side profile with the smoked head lamps. Wishing you many happy miles with it.

Would you mind putting up the on-road price in Bangalore and the waiting period (if any).
Thanks a lot. I guess if you call up the VW showrooms directly, you will get an accurate quote with the waiting period (approx 2-3 months now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Great one Robi. While just about starting to r

You also made a comment on GC requirements on your need. So how does Polo stand against Laura? I thought both were equally low.

Congrats again.
Thanks Ampere. I really count on you to give me route updates down South whenever I travel.
Well the stock GC of both the Polo and Laura is the same at around 165-170mm but my Laura is lowered with stiffer springs, hence its around 125-130mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Congrats Robi - this is a fantastic buy

This will be your second car - the Laura continues to be your primary daily driver?
Thanks a lot. Well the Polo has now taken over the role of a daily city driver while I will use the Laura for the highway runs and maybe for some fun on weekends/late nights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Of course a great car!

Interesting to see how much you will finally mod it......I read somewhere that because of the DSG, a car's engine can't be modded because it messes up the combination's efficacy, so would you have to mod the Gearbox as well?
Well, DSG tuning is being done quite extensively in Europe and its nothing new. Even Pete's with the help of Custom Code UK has been doing it for quite some time now. (http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/category/285/dsg-tuning)
As for me, I already have a fast/lowered car in form of the Laura. So I am not too keen on making performance mods (especially lowering the car) on the Polo at least till the warranty is over. Pete's by the way have already remapped a Polo 1.2 Tsi to 125hp/210Nm with sports suspension and the works.

Image Source: Pete's FB page
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-petespolo.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Congratulations Robi Could you please share few more pictures? Do update us on the mileage too!
Thanks. I ll post pictures soon. As with all TSi's, the mileage depends on the way you drive. I have seen average mileage in the MFD fluctuating from 7.5Km/l to 13.5Km/l

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
A very good review of what's India fastest hatch. Considering so much praise for the car from someone like you means this car is really very good. Love the choice of colour as well. The black looks slightly aggressive with all that smoked headlamps in the new Polo.
Thanks. I feel the car if compared to the other available options is a pretty decent package. It actually depends on what you expect from the car. It is definitely not an ideal family car for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
Could you please post some details about the armrest. I'm in the market for the same and would like to get it installed ASAP.
Well a friend of mine is actually getting it for me. I ll let you know all the details once I get it fitted. What I am getting is the OEM VW Shanghai armrest for the Polo 6R.

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-poloarmrest.jpg

Last edited by robimahanta : 12th June 2013 at 17:56.
robimahanta is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 19:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
What I am getting is the OEM VW Shanghai armrest for the Polo 6R.
Seems you are quite the resourceful BHPian. I did call VW downtown today for the same but haven't got a reply from them yet. The armrest they provide in the Vento is beige in colour so I doubt they will have a grey/black one in stock.
Old 12th June 2013, 20:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations robimahanta on the fine buy. That's a fine looking armrest.

Keep updating and safe driving...
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 20:35   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on your GT TSI! Show her lots of tarmac in the coming years!
The leather seats gel nicely with the interiors, I would have preferred some beige also, though. The armrest looks nice. Hope that it does not make squeaky noises on the go.

Do you plan to get the VW Body kit for your Polo?
Old 12th June 2013, 21:12   #23
BHPian

Is there any upper limit on how much TSI fun can a singer driver have? LOL. Have been a follower of your Laura thread. Many congrats on this new purchase. Enjoy many fast miles ahead of you.
samyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 23:51   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
Congratulations on your GT TSI! Show her lots of tarmac in the coming years!
The leather seats gel nicely with the interiors, I would have preferred some beige also, though. The armrest looks nice. Hope that it does not make squeaky noises on the go.

Do you plan to get the VW Body kit for your Polo?
Thanks a lot. The car will definitely see a lot of horrible potholed tarmac in Bangalore for sure.
Well as for me I hate beige so much that I wish the whole interior of the car was black instead of the beige bits and pieces . So I cannot imagine putting beige leather in the car.
Regarding the body kit, as I have mentioned the OE Polo SR kit looks a bit over the top and aftermarket. Moreover, its way too expensive.

I may eventually go in for the Euro Polo GTi body kit which is subtle and actually cheaper.

Images for reference (source: internet):

GTi Body kit:

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-gtikit1.jpg

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-gtikit2.jpg

SR body kit:

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-polosr.jpg

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-polosrfront.jpg

One more thing I would like to add is that all my tyres were over inflated to 42psi when I got delivery of the car . Got it corrected while driving out of the showroom itself. I know its pretty common for new cars to be delivered with high tyre pressures but often we tend to forget that in the excitement of picking up the car and end up complaining that the suspension is stiff etc.
robimahanta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 00:59   #25
Senior - BHPian

Superb review. Add some more pics of your beastie.

Regarding the body kit, I agree with each and every word of yours. The SR kit looks a bit overdone. The GTi kit looks good to me too.

Hooked up to this thread now.
dZired is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 03:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Are your front tweeters installed in the slot where the mirror is attached or are they externally mounted?
Old 13th June 2013, 03:23   #27
BHPian

Hi robimahanta,
Congrats on your New GT and thanks for your crisp review rated the thread as well. Yes, I plead guilty as accused, one of the many new owners who have not come up with Initial ownership review. I won't be near my car or a PC for the next 10days so my review thread won't be coming up anytime soon, apologies to the forum.

I am a keen follower of your Laura thread and will be glued to this one as well. Leather seats finally make it look like a premium hatch,mind sharing the cost of it as well as your ICE setup? Please add more pics of your car and mods.
Happy mile munching!!!
Cheers!
delta5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 08:39   #28
BHPian

Congratulations Robi. Nice crisp review. I like the mods that you have planned for your GT. Great that you compiled a list of GT owners here on team bhp so that we can share our experiences. As you mentioned it would have been great if VW made this car available as a coupe . I also agree with people looking at us as though we are crazy to have spent so much on a hatchback however not everyone understands us enthusiasts. Wishing you all the very best with your GT.
chase_nt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 09:12   #29
BHPian

Congratulations on the quickest hatch in the Indian market. Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on this car.
What were the OEM tyres that came along with your car ? Are they good ?

Cheers
Old 13th June 2013, 10:20   #30
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations for having the hottest hatch.
Wish you many happy mile munching with the GT TSi and niggle free performance.
Enjoy your ride and drive safe.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks