Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2013, 15:40   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Thanks, I will PM you for the top speed :-)

10-11kmpl in the combined cycle is a little less for the 1.2L capacity? I get 10-12kmpl on the Laura - with normal driving (neither FE conscious nor aggressive).

In any case, I am getting more and more inclined to buy one :-)
Well the car is new and has barely done 2.5K kms. Besides I am using the paddles a lot these days, just cannot get over the quick downshifts and the turbo rush. If driven sedately which is difficult, 13kmpl should be possible quite easily.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 18:00   #107
sdh
BHPian

re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!

Do you have any plans to add rain sensing for wipers+closing windows automatically and auto headlamps. Is it feasible and what is the work involved.
Old 22nd July 2013, 20:22   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh View Post
Do you have any plans to add rain sensing for wipers+closing windows automatically and auto headlamps. Is it feasible and what is the work involved.
Auto headlamps is a 10min job. I just need to add a light sensor and change the light switch. It costs around 8k for the entire job. You can also activate coming home and leaving home lights then. I may do so soon.
But fitting the rain sensor is tricky. If one is not careful the windshield can crack and it will become an expensive affair.
In my laura, the rain/light sensor was factory fitted so I just needed to change the light switch and the necessary vcds coding to activate auto lights.

Last edited by robimahanta : 22nd July 2013 at 20:23.
robimahanta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 04:44   #109
sdh
BHPian

Is that auto light installation OEM. I thought in OEM installation it is part of the rear view mirror.

Another question, are these ECU bit changes to change the number of flashes for lane change, enabling of hazard lights etc doable at the VW workshop or they wont do it.
Old 23rd July 2013, 06:43   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh View Post
Is that auto light installation OEM. I thought in OEM installation it is part of the rear view mirror.

Another question, are these ECU bit changes to change the number of flashes for lane change, enabling of hazard lights etc doable at the VW workshop or they wont do it.
Auto light switch is OEM but the sensor is after market. If you want the OEM sensor then its the rain&light sensor behind the IRVM, installing that is a bit tricky.
The VCDS/VAS coding is doable in the workshop but most of the technicians are either ignorant or do not have the time. Its better to find someone with a VCDS cable and do it yourself.
Old 24th July 2013, 23:42   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

For all the "kitna deti hain" aficionados, I did a mileage run in the city today for around 30Kms in all sorts of traffic and road conditions with 100%AC usage. I managed to eek out over 14kmpl as per the onboard trip counter. Now, my car is remapped and I am running 205 section tyres, in a stock car I guess even 15kmpl is possible.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-photo14.jpg  

robimahanta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 09:55   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Very good . Even if I consider Laura to achieve 11 kmpl in those conditions, this is a 27% saving. May be even 36%, if we keep the Polo GT absolutely stock!!! Looks like I am finding a decent excuse to buy the GT .

And all those stone age ATs (i10, A-star, Verna, Grand Vitara, etc) should leave the country immediately.

Way to go VW, now only if you develop a taste for ethical business...

Last edited by anandpadhye : 25th July 2013 at 09:56.
Old 25th July 2013, 18:00   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Very good. Even if I consider Laura to achieve 11 kmpl in those conditions, this is a 27% saving. May be even 36%, if we keep the Polo GT absolutely stock!!! Looks like I am finding a decent excuse to buy the GT.

And all those stone age ATs (i10, A-star, Verna, Grand Vitara, etc) should leave the country immediately.

Way to go VW, now only if you develop a taste for ethical business...
Let me tempt you differently.
Buy a Polo GT, get a stage 1 map (makes it so much more drivable), Bilstein B6 Suspension (makes it so much more fun), get the steering wheel - An absolute must have accessory to enjoy the brilliant gear box.

- And -

Get Miltek exhaust with SS downpipe on your Laura 1.8 Tsi along with a stage 2 map - A snapshot of results below, Savings and fun - Priceless
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-18kmpl.jpg  

azeemhafiz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 18:39   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

18.1 kmpl? How did you achieve it?
Then I can only imagine what you will achieve with the Polo TSi...
Old 26th July 2013, 19:14   #115
BHPian

Congrats Robi. The car looks fantastic. Enjoy the most advanced TSI feel of it.
Old 28th July 2013, 17:38   #116
BHPian

Hey man.. looks like I'm following ur footsteps, first with the VRS, and now with the Polo. Have a Red GT on order. Sparco Alloys and tires are in already.

Need some part numbers so I can get them from VW UK. First the Black Armrest, second the Polo GTI rear bumper spoiler and side skirts..

Also any news on a downpipe or catback exhaust. Only downpipe i found was the supersprint one, and as per Peter the milltek catback would fit ok.

Another crazy Idea i have is to try a turbo swap eventually, nothing big, but just the one from the 1.4TSi. should be pretty easy but may be a hell of a pain to tune.
prithwi-81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 18:25   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Hey man.. looks like I'm following ur footsteps, first with the VRS, and now with the Polo. Have a Red GT on order. Sparco Alloys and tires are in already.

Need some part numbers so I can get them from VW UK. First the Black Armrest, second the Polo GTI rear bumper spoiler and side skirts..

Also any news on a downpipe or catback exhaust. Only downpipe i found was the supersprint one, and as per Peter the milltek catback would fit ok.

Another crazy Idea i have is to try a turbo swap eventually, nothing big, but just the one from the 1.4TSi. should be pretty easy but may be a hell of a pain to tune.
Congrats Prithwi. Which tyres are you planning on? The GTi skirt kit is around 60-65k i believe.

Supersprint, Longlife, ABT sportsline makes downpipe for the 1.2 Tsi. The milltek catback is for the 1.4Tsi so it wont be a bolt on I guess. I am in touch with Peter for the exhaust system. Shall keep you posted.

Turbo swap seems like a too expensive and cumbersome job for the polo. Dont know how reliable it will be, in case you decide to go for it..maybe i will follow you.
Old 28th July 2013, 18:38   #118
Team-BHP Support

Robi any plans for the Forge diverter valve, or the intake which Petes seems to have just come out with?
Old 28th July 2013, 19:35   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
18.1 kmpl? How did you achieve it?
Then I can only imagine what you will achieve with the Polo TSi...
Sorry for being OT but I have achieved 18.5 kmpl on the 1.8TSI of the Superb.

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-24-superb-mileage-18_5.jpg

That's how good these TSI engines are from the VAG group. Gems...
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 20:27   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Robi any plans for the Forge diverter valve, or the intake which Petes seems to have just come out with?
The intake didnt make much of an performance difference in the polo. It was just for the sound. I prefer the exhaust notes to intake noises. Hence, i am more keen on an exhaust than intake

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks