Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2013, 23:46   #121
BHPian

re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Hey man.. looks like I'm following ur footsteps, first with the VRS, and now with the Polo. Have a Red GT on order.

Need some part numbers so I can get them from VW UK. First the Black Armrest, second the Polo GTI rear bumper spoiler and side skirts..
Hey Prithvi, congrats on the order. I've been informed by different SAs that there's a 4-5 month wait for the GT TSI and the initial 400 units have been snapped up within 6 weeks. What were the delivery times they have quoted you?

I'd also be interested in these part numbers to get from the UK, I'm doing a bit of research regarding the Euro ORVMs as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Congrats Prithwi. The GTi skirt kit is around 60-65k i believe.
Is this including the front bumper?

I like the R-line front bumper over the GTi bumper though.

Attached are pix to detail the differences
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-2011_vw_polo_gti_rline.jpg  

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-volkswagenpologti5doorchina2012photo02.jpg  

Old 29th July 2013, 00:54   #122
BHPian

Intake would be a No No.. absolutely pathetic placement of filter.. NO fresh air at all.. it will DEFINATELY HURT performance.

Dont know if the OEM bypass valve is electric or not. If its electric, it makes no sense to swap it out.
Old 29th July 2013, 11:30   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The intake didnt make much of an performance difference in the polo.
I think it is quite point less to do an intake job on the GT. The design is already as good as a cold air intake with the intake nozzle sitting right in front of the grill. The plumbing is also well done so that from the time the air is sucked in to engine intake point, there is minimal change in air temperature. Going by the design of the system, there seems to be a liquid cooling system in place even for the air intake.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 01:48   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Fitted the Philips Silver Vision indicator bulbs . The headlamp cluster looks clean now without the orange indicator bulbs. I bought the bulbs from powerbulbs.com, they had a 20% discount and free shipping offer. It took exactly 6 days for delivery.

Some images:

The silver vision bulb compared to the stock bulb
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-_dsm7550.jpg

Also got a pair of OSRAM Diadem indicator bulbs
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-_dsm7554.jpg

The stock bulb in the headlamp cluster
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-_dsm7563.jpg

The silver vision bulb
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-_dsm7572.jpg

The silver vision glows brighter too
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-_dsm7581.jpg

The stock bulb when lit
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-_dsm7590.jpg
robimahanta is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 11:57   #125
BHPian

My cars eta is two weeks. Cars already been alotted to dealership. But then again, you know how lying scum the dealers are.

Try changin the XDS to strong in VCDS. What a difference it makes in cornering. Also you can weigh up the steering too using VCDS. PM me if you need the coding.

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd August 2013 at 12:39. Reason: Back to back posts. Please refrain, next time infraction
Old 3rd August 2013, 12:32   #126
BHPian

Hey,

Just a few quick questions. My friend wants the rcd-510 for his vento. Was it a straight swap for you. Did existing adapter connect to the rcd-510 straight away? If you made anyother changes could you elaborate on that?

Also did you immediately get graphical display of the rear parking sensors or did you have to change the park assist module? Or were there any coding changes involved?

Thanks

Last edited by vinj14 : 3rd August 2013 at 12:36.
Old 3rd August 2013, 12:38   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Try changin the XDS to strong in VCDS. What a difference it makes in cornering. Also you can weigh up the steering too using VCDS. PM me if you need the coding.
Prithvi is this possible in the vRS too? Or on second thoughts, I don't think the vRS has the electronic differential does it?
Old 3rd August 2013, 22:50   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

Prithvi is this possible in the vRS too? Or on second thoughts, I don't think the vRS has the electronic differential does it?
XDS is a function of the abs controller, and esp module. VRS has both. So technically, depending on which version of the controller you have, it should be possible. I will check and confirm tomorrow.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 01:13   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Hey,

Just a few quick questions. My friend wants the rcd-510 for his vento. Was it a straight swap for you. Did existing adapter connect to the rcd-510 straight away? If you made anyother changes could you elaborate on that?

Also did you immediately get graphical display of the rear parking sensors or did you have to change the park assist module? Or were there any coding changes involved?

Thanks
It was almost a straight swap. But needed some sort of a cable/connector because the port behind the rcd510 is slightly different. I will get you the exact details soon.

The graphical display of rear parking sensors was spontaneous, no coding or extra module was involved.

Quote:
My cars eta is two weeks. Cars already been alotted to dealership. But then again, you know how lying scum the dealers are.

Hope you get the car soon. Its hard to believe VW dealers though.
The cornering has improved quite a bit after the Bilsteins. I will try out the XDS thing, but I hardly drive the polo out of town.

As for the steering, it has weighed down after the tyre upsize and I kind of prefer the feel now for city traffic.

Are you sure the VRS has an electronic differential or an ESP module?

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th August 2013 at 19:47. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
robimahanta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 11:04   #130
BHPian

Confirmed. All tsi's biult post 2011 dec have them. Mine does. Interestingly it was set to strong by default.
Old 4th August 2013, 13:00   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
XDS is a function of the abs controller, and esp module. VRS has both. So technically, depending on which version of the controller you have, it should be possible. I will check and confirm tomorrow.
Does the vRS have an ESP module? It doesn't have ESP though, just ASR.

Also where in vag com are these settings exactly?
Old 5th August 2013, 16:02   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

Does the vRS have an ESP module? It doesn't have ESP though, just ASR.

Also where in vag com are these settings exactly?

In the ABS Module - Adaptation - XDS
0 default. 1 weak. 2 strong.

Warning, strong will improve handling significantly, but increase brake pad wear.

In VCDS Select Control Module, go to 03 ABS Brakes, then 10 Adaptation, go to Channel:

Channel 09 Brake Assist
There are 3 settings for this
0-center (stock setting)
1-small
2-hard

Channel 36 XDS
There are 3 settings
0-center (stock setting)
1-weak
2-strong

Channel 54 DSR
There are 3 settings
0-strong (stock setting)
1-center
2-weak

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th August 2013 at 06:50.
prithwi-81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2013, 16:20   #133
BHPian

http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...Feature&page=1

Pete's tuned 1.6 polo v gt tsi. Apparently the 1.6 is quicker!! Could this actually be true? Thought the tsi would kill the 1.6. Strange, no?
Old 17th August 2013, 18:52   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...Feature&page=1

Pete's tuned 1.6 polo v gt tsi. Apparently the 1.6 is quicker!! Could this actually be true? Thought the tsi would kill the 1.6. Strange, no?
I have seen that article. The top end power is very good in the 1.6 and with a remap/intake/exhaust it becomes even better. The Tsi is all about midrange and though the top end is better with a remap, its no comparison to the 1.6. Besides launching the Tsi is much trickier than the 1.6 especially the stock car without paddles. Maybe the age old adage, there is no replacement for displacement still holds true in this case.
Having said that, its all about drivability and convenience combined with decent mileage than outright straight line speed when it comes to the Tsi.
Pete's had done another comparo between a remapped and a stock Tsi. That test was totally flawed and I have heard this straight from the horses mouth.
robimahanta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2013, 19:30   #135
BHPian

Quote:

I have seen that article. The top end power is very good in the 1.6 and with a remap/intake/exhaust it becomes even better. The Tsi is all about midrange and though the top end is better with a remap, its no comparison to the 1.6. Besides launching the Tsi is much trickier than the 1.6 especially the stock car without paddles. Maybe the age old adage, there is no replacement for displacement still holds true in this case.
Having said that, its all about drivability and convenience combined with decent mileage than outright straight line speed when it comes to the Tsi.
Pete's had done another comparo between a remapped and a stock Tsi. That test was totally flawed and I have heard this straight from the horses mouth.
Look at in gear acceleration times... they will t ell you the story.. the test is skewed somehow..
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks