Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2013, 17:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report EDIT: Sold!

Congrats on your Red Rocket. Surely looks cool. However apart from the wiper thing that you mention, even the doors not having an individual lock feature is kinda irritating. So if the driverside lock is on, there is no way the passengers can open the door from inside? Wouldnt that be bad in case of any emergency.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 17:42   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
So if the driverside lock is on, there is no way the passengers can open the door from inside?
That's not the case. All 4 doors can be opened even when the car has central locking activated by pulling the door lever a little more further. The only way one can lock the doors from the inside completely is by activating child lock on the rear doors.
esma1981 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 23:42   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase chase_nt. Was waiting for this since you posted the pic of your red rocket in some other thread.

Please do keep this car for more time, unlike your previous possessions.

Regarding the racing stripes, even I would advise you to go for one of them in order to make your car stand out amongst thousands of polos present on the road.

I wish you many happy miles of motoring with the beast.
Drive Safe!
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 23:44   #34
BHPian

Congratulations on owning the fastest and hottest hatch . Polo looks too good in this color. Don't forget the idling rule. Wish you miles of happiness.
aviorp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 12:02   #35
BHPian

Are you sure, I ask this because I have a Vento H/L (that comes with the exact same steering and HU). And I have volume control working for all sources (ipod / BT Audio/BT Phone/ Radio. Not tested on CD USB and SD card, since I have not used them so far..).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt View Post

The steering wheel.
Attachment 1095623

There are no volume controls for the stereo on the steering wheel. The controls you see here are only for the phone that you connect via bluetooth.
Attachment 1095615

allajunaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 12:45   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Does the GT TSI have an option to disable the passenger airbag? The Polo sold here (in Singapore) has this option via one of the button at the centre.

Does the rear seat come with three 3-point seatbelts?
The GT TSI sold here does not have the option to disable the passenger airbags. Yes it does have 3 point seat belts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
Are these sills present on the rear doors also or only front ones?
Straight 17" wheels with 215+ section tyres!
The sills are only on the front doors. The tire combination that you just mentioned sounds really nice and would make the vehicle look pretty aggressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Have you found out about extended warranty? It might be useful to take it and will hopefully provide you a higher resale value when you sell this. The DSG is notorious now for all the failures and it may be a good idea to insure yourself against any failure. I like the sleeper looks that surprise the bigger cars on the road !

I opted against the extended warranty at the time of purchasing the vehicle as i am notorious when it comes to changing cars very often. I forgot to ask them if the extended warranty covers the DSG gearbox. I am not sure if extended warranty will help with the resale value of this car because not many practical people would be interested in a 9.5 lakh hatchback. If i end up selling this vehicle i will have to be prepared to lose at least half of its price if not more. There is a very strong possibility that i will keep this vehicle well beyond its standard warranty period of 2 years and i would definitely go in for extended warranty before that expires as the VW people told me that i could go for it even at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Many congratulations Nitin for the fastest hatch in a very hot colour.
Wish you loads on entertainment and absolute niggle free performance.
Enjoy your ride and drive safe.

I agree with you on the point that VW should have put in disc brakes on all four for this hatch.
Thanks Sommos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironager View Post
I read in one of your posts regarding poor braking performance.
The braking of the car will improve as u put on the miles and get used to the DSG Gearbox.
I have driven my car approx 2000km and now i feel that the braking is adequate for the car whereas when i first purchased the car i felt that the brakes were poor due to the sudden burst of power.

Congrats on picking up the GT in white to you too ironager. I read about the brakes having to be run in for the first 200-300 kms according to the owners manual. Good to hear that they get better and that you are finding them adequate now because i was worried with the braking power of the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Congrats on your Red Rocket. Surely looks cool. However apart from the wiper thing that you mention, even the doors not having an individual lock feature is kinda irritating. So if the driverside lock is on, there is no way the passengers can open the door from inside? Wouldnt that be bad in case of any emergency.
Thanks Desmosedici. I think esma1981 clarified this for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Congratulations on your purchase chase_nt. Was waiting for this since you posted the pic of your red rocket in some other thread.

Please do keep this car for more time, unlike your previous possessions
Thanks dZired. I certainly will keep this vehicle a lot longer than my previous cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
Congratulations on owning the fastest and hottest hatch . Polo looks too good in this color. Don't forget the idling rule. Wish you miles of happiness.
Thanks aviorp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allajunaki View Post
Are you sure, I ask this because I have a Vento H/L (that comes with the exact same steering and HU). And I have volume control working for all sources (ipod / BT Audio/BT Phone/ Radio. Not tested on CD USB and SD card, since I have not used them so far..).
I figured out that the controls on the steering wheel do not work unless the ignition is turned on (2nd step). This is a bit different from my Honda Brio because the controls on the steering do work even if the ignition is in the first step. I was so busy enjoying what the engine could do that i didnt even use the stereo or the steering mounted controls until i was back home in my parking bay and thats when i was trying to figure out why they were not working. Sorry about the incorrect information.
Old 14th June 2013, 12:50   #37
BHPian

The DSG shifter.
VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-2013061308000.jpg

The pedals.
VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-201306130801.jpg

Good to see cladding in the rear wheel arch.
VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report. EDIT: Sold!-201306130802.jpg
chase_nt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 13:09   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt View Post
The sills are only on the front doors. The tire combination that you just mentioned sounds really nice and would make the vehicle look pretty aggressive.
I was wondering that 225/40R17 () would be the best bet, if available here. Else, you would have to stick with 16" rims!
Old 14th June 2013, 13:56   #39
BHPian

Congrats Nitin, on the GT, aka red rocket. While TDing the GT I found the brakes to be quite good. What's your take on this given that it does not have all disc brakes.

Its a wonderful car, keep it clean and drive safe.
Old 14th June 2013, 14:40   #40
BHPian

Congrats on the car, please post the fuel efficiency figures after a spirited driving one you cross the running in period. I have seen one in Cochin, engine sounds great.
Old 14th June 2013, 14:56   #41
BHPian

Congratulations Nitin! Carbon Fibre vinyl for the roof and Lenso Project-D Black with Red Lip Alloys would make the Red Rocket look mean
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 16:59   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
I was wondering that 225/40R17 () would be the best bet, if available here. Else, you would have to stick with 16" rims!
I will have to go and check once the time comes. If 17's are not possible then its gonna be the 16's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Congrats Nitin, on the GT, aka red rocket. While TDing the GT I found the brakes to be quite good. What's your take on this given that it does not have all disc brakes.
Thanks deepfusion. I feel that the brakes are not adequate at the moment. However i read in the owners manual that the brakes need to be run in for at least 200-300 kms before they are up-to their potential. I've heard a couple of GT owners on the forum say the same thing too. So i guess i can only comment after the run in period. However VW should have provided the car with all wheel discs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baludharmarajan View Post
Congrats on the car, please post the fuel efficiency figures after a spirited driving one you cross the running in period. I have seen one in Cochin, engine sounds great.
Thanks baludharmarajan. I will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Congratulations Nitin! Carbon Fibre vinyl for the roof and Lenso Project-D Black with Red Lip Alloys would make the Red Rocket look mean
Thanks Prodigy07, sounds great man.
chase_nt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 12:26   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Chase on the Red Rocket.

Iam sure you have a plastered grin on your face when you step on that gas on the Vizag roads which I assume are deviod of much traffic

Red looks fantastic in the Polo and in this new trim with the alloys, even better.

Those are some lovely snaps you shared. Have fun and keep updating this thread
Old 16th June 2013, 01:56   #44
BHPian

Humble request to all potential buyers of polo gt tsi. Please wait till the company launches a full fledged extended warranty. Yesterday I checked through a VW employee who came to attend my complaint on a 1 year old VW jetta (which is under warranty) they may announce an extended warranty package on GT TSI after 2 months. The extended warranty when offered should cover critical parts like dsg gear box which is what gt tsi buyers are paying the extra money for.

VW doesn't offer extended warranty on their Jetta.
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 11:48   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congratulations Chase on the Red Rocket.

Iam sure you have a plastered grin on your face when you step on that gas on the Vizag roads which I assume are deviod of much traffic

Red looks fantastic in the Polo and in this new trim with the alloys, even better.

Those are some lovely snaps you shared. Have fun and keep updating this thread
Thanks mobike008. Some of the roads in Vizag are congested due to the fact that they are not wide enough but i cannot compare the traffic of Vizag with a place like Hyderabad. The GT does induce me to step on the gas at every available opportunity . I feel like taking it for a spin even when i don't have to.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks