Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2013, 02:05   #16
BHPian

re: My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD - Going with the heart

Congrats Stryker on your new buy. That's a lovely color u have got there. and thats one neatly maintained Baleno u have got there. So u still have the Baleno with you or u sold it off ?

Mod Note : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Please Type 'You' instead of 'U'

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th June 2013 at 03:30. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 07:46   #17
BHPian

re: My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD - Going with the heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Congratulations Stryker.

Well written review and good pictures from your iPhone 5. Excellent choice of colour but be mindful that you need to maintain the body squeaky clean to bring the best out of that colour.

Congrats again and drive safe.
Thanks, bnzjon. Yeah keeping it clean will be quite a challenge, especially in the rains. I have a guy who comes in everyday to wash and wipe the car. I've told him to be extra careful with the new car! He says, "Leave it to me". He is maha impressed with the car and had a hundred questions. Hopefully, we'll do a good job together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Well, he is abroad right now, but when he is home, strange it may sound, everyday. Technically this February end.
But have to admit none of my friends do so and even my kid bro hesitates unless asked for. False sense of masculinity maybe.
Well you are right. 90% sons hesitate to kiss their dad after reaching a certain age, but some like me... never hesitates.
Cheers.
Good for you, DicKy. Your dad is a lucky person. I'm sure masculinity has nothing to do with this. It is a block 99% of the males seem to have when it comes to emotions. Be it crying or expressing love or any other strong emotion. We all love to show ourselves off as the "strong and silent" types, but that appears so false at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Congrats Stryker on your new buy. That's a lovely color u have got there. and thats one neatly maintained Baleno u have got there. So u still have the Baleno with you or u sold it off ?
Thanks, nik0502. As the Mods say, please pay attention to what you write here. "you" will take about one second more than "u". I sold my Baleno to the dealer's pre-owned division for a good exchange bonus on the new one, so that was an added advantage.
Stryker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 16:19   #18
BHPian

Re: My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD - Going with the heart

Congratulations!

I prefer Anant Auto as well. Perhaps we can meet when you come in for servicing at Anant or better at 3M HSR if your planning for Paint Sealant Treatment

I used the same logic as you did while going for Purple! Personally believe that purple does justice to the interiors!

Which month was your XUV manufactured?
Old 18th June 2013, 16:55   #19
BHPian

Congrats on your purple beauty Stryker.
Interested to know the 'designed-by-Mahindra' veering left phenomenon. Do you have it in the recent generation ones as well.
It's quite interesting when you say the plastic quality of the buttons in the central console are not up to the mark. I was under the impression that the plastic quality in the XUV is much better than it's peers.
Old 18th June 2013, 17:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
That reflective centre console. Spoils the view out of the front, especially at around noon time.
Check out this post from the XUV niggles thread for a probable solution to the quoted problem: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2926511

Congratulations & wish you a million miles of safe and happy driving!

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 18:36   #21
BHPian

Congratulations Stryker for owning am amazing vehicle in a pretty awesome colour. Nice review and yes do get well soon from the experience of losing your wisdom .

A quick question, does the updated XUV come with sliding middle row seats? This may help slide the seats front and liberate more space in the last row.

Congrats once again and wish you many safe miles with this beauty!
Old 20th June 2013, 09:42   #22
BHPian

Firstly, apologies for the late reply. I changed my e-mail ID (which was created back in 2005) to a newer one and the re-activation mail went into Junk without my notice. Redid it just now and all is well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Congratulations!

I prefer Anant Auto as well. Perhaps we can meet when you come in for servicing at Anant or better at 3M HSR if your planning for Paint Sealant Treatment

I used the same logic as you did while going for Purple! Personally believe that purple does justice to the interiors!

Which month was your XUV manufactured?
Thanks, aajohn. Maybe we can meet up at Anant as you say. My first service is still a long way away though! The VIN decode says my XUV is a May 2013 batch vehicle, so I guess that is as good as it gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Congrats on your purple beauty Stryker.
Interested to know the 'designed-by-Mahindra' veering left phenomenon. Do you have it in the recent generation ones as well.
It's quite interesting when you say the plastic quality of the buttons in the central console are not up to the mark. I was under the impression that the plastic quality in the XUV is much better than it's peers.
Thanks, Mudhalaipatti. Your ownership thread is also most avidly referred to here, by me and many other people going by its popularity! I haven't noticed any left veering phenomemon. I specifically tried it on the highway beyond the airport, just took my hands of the steering and pulled back my legs. Car goes straight enough to confirm that there is no problem. Maybe Mahindra has worked it out? Or maybe I am plain lucky? I am running on Apollo tyres, if that is of any help to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Check out this post from the XUV niggles thread for a probable solution to the quoted problem: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2926511

Congratulations & wish you a million miles of safe and happy driving!

Cheers,
Vikram
Ah thanks Vikram. That tip does come in handy. What was the tape used, do you know? Where would I find it? Looks a very snug fit from the photo, so maybe it was custom made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Congratulations Stryker for owning am amazing vehicle in a pretty awesome colour. Nice review and yes do get well soon from the experience of losing your wisdom .

A quick question, does the updated XUV come with sliding middle row seats? This may help slide the seats front and liberate more space in the last row.

Congrats once again and wish you many safe miles with this beauty!
Thanks miharbe. Recovering from losing your wisdom is indeed an enlightening experience! No, unfortunately, the second row still does not slide. I can't understand why Mahindra didn't think of this. It would have liberated so much more space for the third row.
Old 20th June 2013, 10:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Ah thanks Vikram. That tip does come in handy. What was the tape used, do you know? Where would I find it? Looks a very snug fit from the photo, so maybe it was custom made?
From a subsequent reply by the same poster, it appears that it's just a normal vinyl sticker which is used to blacken the B/C pillars of various hatches or for sticker jobs on the bonnet/boot. I guess you can find it in any decent car accessory shop, or those shops that make sticker number plates for 2/4 wheelers. Just ensure that the sticker you choose is of a matte finish and not a shiny/reflective one. You will also need to give a cut where the latch for opening that compartment is present.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 20th June 2013 at 11:21.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 15:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations Stryker for the Purple Cheetah.
Infact the XUV looks nice in the purple colour.
I hope all the initial niggles have been sorted out and wish you perfect niggle free performance.
Enjoy your ride and drive safe.
Old 21st June 2013, 08:00   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Many congratulations Stryker for the Purple Cheetah.
Infact the XUV looks nice in the purple colour.
I hope all the initial niggles have been sorted out and wish you perfect niggle free performance.
Enjoy your ride and drive safe.
Thanks, Sommos. The reason I waited until now to buy instead of when it was launched was to hope Mahindra irons out the niggles. Hopefully they have.
Old 22nd June 2013, 10:30   #26
BHPian

Planning a drive to Yelagiri Hills near Jolarpettai tomorrow. Any of you been there recently? Could you let me know where is the best place for lunch there?

We are planning to leave BLR by 6:30 AM and have breakfast at A2B near Krishnagiri and be in Yelagiri at around 11:00 AM at the latest. Possible, I think, even if I don't exceed 100 kmph on the highway. After all, the distance is around 175 kms only. There will be 7 of us (4 adults + 3 kids) so it should be a comfortable ride. I will post a travelogue here once we are back in the evening.
Old 22nd June 2013, 12:34   #27
BHPian

Brilliant color this Purple is! Wonder why many other car manufacturers don't offer it. The XUV was always a good looker but in this dress looks handsome.

Loved your comment about your daughters hug & Kiss. It was very touching.

Happy & safe driving!
Old 22nd June 2013, 13:50   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Brilliant color this Purple is! Wonder why many other car manufacturers don't offer it. The XUV was always a good looker but in this dress looks handsome.

Loved your comment about your daughters hug & Kiss. It was very touching.

Happy & safe driving!
Thanks, urajkumar. Yeah, the colour is good. I saw a Rexton RX7 in the showroom with the exact same colour and it too looked really cool.
Old 24th July 2013, 15:51   #29
BHPian

Hey Stryker sorry for the very late reply and many many congratulations on the new ride. Even I bought a opulent purple W8 FWD from Ananth Cars in Jan and have christened it the Velvet Revolver. I can more so relate to your post because I still own a 2005 Baleno Vxi in black colour and I sold by Punto to buy the XUV. Many happy miles to you and if possible we should meet.
Old 8th March 2014, 10:54   #30
BHPian

Fantastic review Stryker! . Loved reading it. We are planning to get one in the same purple colour shortly. How do you find the vehicle performing now? Is the colour easy to maintain? We have been always into light shades, but the ladies of the house have insisted upon the Purple. Your insights would be helpful.

Most Viewed