Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 10:47   #16
BHPian

re: Tesla Model S: First Impressions

WOW. always wanted to know more about Tesla and the ownership report helps. Thanks a lot for sharing this review. After reading Samurai's Toyota hybrid review yesterday, I'm suddenly inclined towards these ultra-futuristic, ultra-amazing cars that Tesla has produced.
Old 19th June 2013, 11:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Now that's what a 'electric' should be!! Are you hearing Mahindra?

Awesome report. Glued!
Old 19th June 2013, 12:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Now thats a first!!

thanks so much for sharing.

That range is outstanding. ANy details on the battery life and its replacement cost please post.

PS: TBHPian living abroad if you get hands on two more of these new gen vehicle please post. -Fishkar Karma and Chevy Volt.
Old 19th June 2013, 12:54   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post

PS: TBHPian living abroad if you get hands on two more of these new gen vehicle please post. -Fishkar Karma and Chevy Volt.
I don't know about the Chevy Volt but the Fisker Karma is a doomed car. Not worth the money at all.
Rosso Corsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 13:45   #20
BHPian

Awesome Car theragingbull ! Correct me if i am wrong guys , isn't this the car Ashton Kutcher's character owns in ' two and a half men' ? Coz this baby looks glamorous ! I would love to read more about this one .
Old 19th June 2013, 14:00   #21
BHPian

Great review. this has to be one of the best looking cars in the world right now. The range you are getting is great and 0-60mph in under 6 secs . This is a highly competent sports sedan. I have been a huge fan of Tesla ever since I read a review of their first car the roadster.
Old 19th June 2013, 14:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
I don't know about the Chevy Volt but the Fisker Karma is a doomed car. Not worth the money at all.
It has become a cult with Hollywood. BUt the technology is the one that has been used in our locomotives for decades.
Old 19th June 2013, 14:11   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amogh Barakol View Post
, isn't this the car Ashton Kutcher's character owns in ' two and a half men' ? Coz this baby looks glamorous ! I would love to read more about this one .
I beleive that is the fisker karma
Old 19th June 2013, 14:19   #24
BHPian

Amazing car that is. The ultimate car of the future (move over Toyota Prius). Would have been nice if they have a soundtrack to make you think you are having a V10 under that hood! And the rear is designed after the Jag XF (with that chrome slash across the rear)? The interior space is huge and I love the 17" screen (looks like 2 iPads joined together). Wish it was sold in India (and it would cost a bomb for sure). The regenerative braking works in all cases, even in normal day to day traffic?

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 19th June 2013 at 14:38.
Old 19th June 2013, 14:24   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post

It has become a cult with Hollywood. BUt the technology is the one that has been used in our locomotives for decades.
Aha, same as what happened when the Prius was launched more than a decade back. Burn a few hundred liters of jet fuel to reach a particular city in your private jet and then drive to the premiere in a Prius and show your concern (sic) for the environment.
Rosso Corsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 14:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Tesla are already so far ahead of the game with their electric car that its going to take a lot from the other auto mobile big wigs to get anywhere near them. The S is a work of art. The Ceo of my company happens to own one too. Even he had to wait to get his S. There is no such thing as customer preference. You have to stand in line like the rest to get your Tesla. I have to say there is some new generation Jaguar design flair in it. The car is simply stunning for a first attempt at the electric car. The Tesla way of direct sales and service is another big positive and is also the way forward. The Super Charger system is just awesome and Tesla don't charge to use it. Its like getting free gas for your road trip.

We've had the Reva for over 10 years? Even after this long a period, we still have a dinky e2o that in no way does the job of what a primary car should. With no support and a useless subsidy from our government that still makes the e2o so expensive, I don't know why Mahindra are even pursuing it.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 14:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

I had watched Elon Musk explain his motivation for building an electric car. Here it is,
http://www.ted.com/talks/elon_musk_t...solarcity.html

He mentioned that $30,000 mass market car is expected in 3 years
msdivy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 17:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

Awesome looking car and very crisp review. Thanks for sharing.

This is how an electric car should look like. Interiors are just too good with that plush feeling and un-cluttered look. Exterior is a treat to the eyes with that swooping roof and clean lines!

Congrats to your uncle (& you) for owning a beauty!!

Last edited by abhinav.s : 19th June 2013 at 17:38.
Old 19th June 2013, 17:50   #29
BHPian

very interesting! I have heard about this car but never took time to read about it. It is stunning, fast, futuristic and yet green! Thanks for sharing your experience. Now i am going to be glued to this thread.
Old 19th June 2013, 18:11   #30
BHPian

Amazing car. Have been a huge fan and after seeing the number of Teslas on road I'm sure they are increasing the Charging networks.

Neverthless, I have hardly seen any Teslas in the East compared to the West(esp in Bay Area), Any one seen it in NYC?

Most Viewed