Team-BHP - My White Polo GT TSI
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My White Polo GT TSI (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/138106-my-white-polo-gt-tsi-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by me_navin (Post 3438632)
Waking up an old thread. How is the armrest doing? i've been wanting one too. I wanted to know which vendor on Aliexpress you used for the arm rest. There seem to be many of them.

Hey Navin, the armrest has been as sturdy as a rock and a pleasure to use. I'm glad I invested in it and advice you to do so as well :). The vendor I had used is no longer listed on Aliexpress. I feel you can go by the previous reviews of any vendor and his price to select the one that suits you. Just make sure that you get it shipped by DHL or the likes, so the stuff is delivered safely and quickly.

In other news, The GT has been very smooth so far and without any issues. The first annual service is due in the next month, so I'm planning to get the gear oil replaced then. Also I'm getting a bit of that squeaky noise from the door rubber mouldings and will get them sprayed with silicon which should sort it.

On her first birthday, I'm planning to get art leather seat covers for her. I haven't started looking around for a dealer as yet (I'm lazy lol:) and would appreciate some help find one with the best fit and finish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esma1981 (Post 3438876)
On her first birthday, I'm planning to get art leather seat covers for her. I haven't started looking around for a dealer as yet (I'm lazy lol:) and would appreciate some help find one with the best fit and finish.

You can try Stanley leather. My friend's Polo GT has them,black with red stitches. Also the dealer is in Tardeo itself. Amazing fit and finish

Hi Esma, for your first service, do tell the service centre people that they shouldn't reset your DSG gearbox settings. If they do that, you are likely to find that the gearbox is jerky on downshifts. The gearbox computer will have to map your driving style all over again. I have a year old GT TSI that just came back from it's first service and now has 2 very peculiar problems:

1. Extremely jerky on downshifts especially when caused by sudden braking.

2. I "feel" that acceleration requires more throttle input. It's a strange feeling really. I saw someone else (on another thread) mention this as well. I'm pretty sure that the throttle response has been altered by VW service as the car was extremely responsive to the slightest of throttle input before being serviced.

Keep a watchful eye. Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreativeQ (Post 3439262)
Hi Esma, for your first service, do tell the service centre people that they shouldn't reset your DSG gearbox settings. If they do that, you are likely to find that the gearbox is jerky on downshifts. The gearbox computer will have to map your driving style all over again. I have a year old GT TSI that just came back from it's first service and now has 2 very peculiar problems:

1. Extremely jerky on downshifts especially when caused by sudden braking.

2. I "feel" that acceleration requires more throttle input. It's a strange feeling really. I saw someone else (on another thread) mention this as well. I'm pretty sure that the throttle response has been altered by VW service as the car was extremely responsive to the slightest of throttle input before being serviced.

Keep a watchful eye. Hope this helps.

hi creative,

any update on this ? has your dsg reverted back to original pattern after some use since your 1st service ? are the 2 problems you mentioned now solved ?

thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreativeQ (Post 3439262)
Hi Esma, for your first service, do tell the service centre people that they shouldn't reset your DSG gearbox settings. If they do that, you are likely to find that the gearbox is jerky on downshifts. The gearbox computer will have to map your driving style all over again. I have a year old GT TSI that just came back from it's first service and now has 2 very peculiar problems: 1. Extremely jerky on downshifts especially when caused by sudden braking. 2. I "feel" that acceleration requires more throttle input. It's a strange feeling really. I saw someone else (on another thread) mention this as well. I'm pretty sure that the throttle response has been altered by VW service as the car was extremely responsive to the slightest of throttle input before being serviced. Keep a watchful eye. Hope this helps.

Faced the same thing post my first service - thought the DSG learning tables would settle, but it still remains jerky. Secondly, the car has significantly slowed down, tyre pressure still at 32, no change in fuel pump. Whats the workaround ? Asking for ECU reset to previous setting is futile as they insist they didn't make any ECU map changes.

Guys your DSG would have become lethargic because of the high idle times in the workshop, where it adapts itself to low speeds. Now to solve this, either you go out and thrash the car for a few kms, or you take it on a long drive where you aren't driving like a granny, or you reset it with vag-com, orrr -

I remember there used to be a procedure to reset transmissions, I think it worked on DSGs too.
-Put the key in the ignition, turn to acc so everything besides the engine is on.
-Press down the accelerator all the way, past the kickdown button for about 20-30 seconds.
-Start the car and drive off (do not open doors or touch anything else while doing the reset)

Note - I also remember a reading that after pressing down the accelerator, the key should be turned off but left in the socket. And then you should wait 2 mins (again no opening doors or touching anything) and then start the car and drive off.

Do let me know if any of these work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 3487457)
Guys your DSG would have become lethargic because of the high idle times in the workshop, where it adapts itself to low speeds. Now to solve this, either you go out and thrash the car for a few kms, or you take it on a long drive where you aren't driving like a granny, or you reset it with vag-com, orrr -

I remember there used to be a procedure to reset transmissions, I think it worked on DSGs too.
-Put the key in the ignition, turn to acc so everything besides the engine is on.
-Press down the accelerator all the way, past the kickdown button for about 20-30 seconds.
-Start the car and drive off (do not open doors or touch anything else while doing the reset)

Note - I also remember a reading that after pressing down the accelerator, the key should be turned off but left in the socket. And then you should wait 2 mins (again no opening doors or touching anything) and then start the car and drive off.

Well, thrashing about at 5k for some stretches didn't work, except getting avg FE into the high 6's.

Then I tried the kickdown to reset ECU, not much difference here as well, but I'll give a definitive opinion after about 50 odd km.

After pt 2. Kickdown experiment and about 100 km, car seems much more eager to pick up. Earlier it was hitting a dead spot at 80kph and 1200 rpm - now the rpm levels are higher , but the turbo zone is more within reach. Thanks Akshay1234 !

You mentioned about a driver! The driver must be a lucky guy to be able to put his hands on a VW GT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 3487457)

Yes there is some content on this which I was able to find on some random forums. Worked for some, not for some. I guess it should make a difference if the car has got into a confused "Fuzzy Logic" mode, and the reset is done correctly.

More on this Fuzzy Logic here (under Transmission Controller): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswa...M_transmission

This is like cheat code to reset the sloppy transmission!

Good to know its worked for you JishD! Will get back for exact steps once mine gets sloppy!