Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2013, 17:19   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My White Polo GT TSI

Congrats Esma1981 for the GT TSI

Iam sure your enjoying your drive in it as much as I test drove it albeit briefly.

I never felt after driving any car that it should be in my garage but, felt this car would be my ideal second car ( primary has to be a bigger highway cruiser which i already own )

Nice to see that your extracting good FE as well. But, when i drove it was mostly flooring it and MID was showing an FE of 7.5kmpl overall

Have fun and drive safe !!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 11:42   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats Esma1981 for the GT TSI

Iam sure your enjoying your drive in it as much as I test drove it albeit briefly.
Thanks mobike008 for your comments and excellent review. The TBHP review was a crucial factor in my purchase decision. What I felt is the positives easily outweigh the negatives (i.e. VW A.S.S., DQ200 issues)

Quote:
I never felt after driving any car that it should be in my garage but, felt this car would be my ideal second car ( primary has to be a bigger highway cruiser which i already own )
Actually I think this car can also suffice for many with a budget as a primary car due to the following reasons :-
  • Enough space for a family of 2 + a bit (small kid/s)
  • Simply the best Engine + Gearbox combo at it's price
  • Compact dimensions compared to a C segment sedan which helps with city driveability and parking. Easy to chuck around the car into small gaps which open up with the help of the TSI
  • Also does quite well on the highway compared to C segment sedans. I found the GT to have equal if not better manners on the highway than our ANHC.

Quote:
Nice to see that your extracting good FE as well. But, when i drove it was mostly flooring it and MID was showing an FE of 7.5kmpl overall

Have fun and drive safe !!!
As you know it's very difficult to drive this car for average but I'm trying my best.
esma1981 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 20:25   #33
BHPian

Congrats, Esma, although a bit late, on your fantastic GT. It looks stunning in the photos in the opening post.

Your review was absolutely well detailed. Keep it up, buddy.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 14:36   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Congrats, Esma, although a bit late, on your fantastic GT. It looks stunning in the photos in the opening post.

Your review was absolutely well detailed. Keep it up, buddy.
Thanks deepfusion . I'll try and keep the thread up-to-date.

In other news

Finally received the driver armrest from China which I had ordered from here. Took the car to Colaba Auto Care where Kedar was very helpful and got it fitted for me on the spot.

It's a perfect fit and matches the interior of the GT pretty well.
My White Polo GT TSI-photo.jpg

I've also ordered atlas black 3D star mats from here as I'm finding the OEM Polo floor mats a bit flimsy.
esma1981 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 15:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post

In other news

Finally received the driver armrest from China which I had ordered from here. Took the car to Colaba Auto Care where Kedar was very helpful and got it fitted for me on the spot.

Attachment 1112702

I've also ordered atlas black 3D star mats from here as I'm finding the OEM Polo floor mats a bit flimsy.
Good going. It looks stock. Whats the process you followed for importing, and any hassles at the customs, and the damage to teh pocket.
Old 19th July 2013, 11:19   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post

Good going. It looks stock. Whats the process you followed for importing, and any hassles at the customs, and the damage to teh pocket.
There is no additional effort at our end. It's as simple as ordering from an Indian eBay store.

The cost came upto 8.7k but that's because I wanted it sent by DHL. It would be about 2k cheaper if you use EMS. They are smart with the value declaration so there is no duty issues here.
Old 19th July 2013, 12:15   #37
BHPian

Nice addition to the car, Esma. The modding season is in full swing for the T-Bhp TSi's. What else is on the modding list for your car? I think the steering wheel upgrade is a worthwhile investment.
4nd3r50n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2013, 12:59   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n View Post
Nice addition to the car, Esma.
Thanks 4nd3r50n . I feel it's a must have for an A/T

Quote:
The modding season is in full swing for the T-Bhp TSi's. What else is on the modding list for your car? I think the steering wheel upgrade is a worthwhile investment.
I'm also hooked to Robi's thread and also in touch with him, but the investment also comes with the additional cost of warranty which I don't feel comfortable giving up so soon.

Star 3D Mats

Have a nice fit on the car and the metal foot pad matches with the sport pedals (a bit more chrome than I like actually).
My White Polo GT TSI-photo-1.jpg
esma1981 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2013, 21:35   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Have a nice fit on the car and the metal foot pad matches with the sport pedals (a bit more chrome than I like actually).
Fantastic mats- matches the pedals to a 'T'. From the pic, the bottom of the metal plate looks a little raised. Any risk of the metal jutting out from the mats after some use?
4nd3r50n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 23:32   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n View Post
Any risk of the metal jutting out from the mats after some use?
It seems unlikely as the metal plate is pretty thick to bend without significant effort. I have also been using these on my ANHC for about the month. They are about 2/2.5k cheaper than the 3D Kagu Mats but quality seems satisfactory to me. Here's a link to my the post regarding the same.
Old 28th July 2013, 21:15   #41
BHPian

Any warranty issues that you are aware of if one installs the arm rest ?

Thanks..

Quote:

In other news

Attachment 1112702

Old 29th July 2013, 11:40   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader5000 View Post
Any warranty issues that you are aware of if one installs the arm rest ?
There is no drilling or mods required for the same. It's a perfect retrofit. I don't think it should be a problem. In any case, it's a 5 min DIY to remove the full armrest and fit the original plastic plate if one senses a problem.
Old 29th July 2013, 14:22   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Finally received the driver armrest from China
Regarding the shipping, did you ship it via regular mail, without tracking id? and did you have to pay customs duty?

I had ordered Chrome instrument knobs from eBay.com (Hong Kong) six weeks ago, and I never received them. They were supposed to ship via ordinary post from HK.

Last edited by bharatbs : 29th July 2013 at 14:25.
Old 29th July 2013, 14:37   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post

Regarding the shipping, did you ship it via regular mail, without tracking id? and did you have to pay customs duty?

I had ordered Chrome instrument knobs from eBay.com (Hong Kong) six weeks ago, and I never received them. They were supposed to ship via ordinary post from HK.
The dealer I bought it from had a very attractive price on DHL shipping. So although I paid about 1.5/2k more than EMS, I got the armrest in one week from ordering.

I would suggest atleast use EMS for shipping, as normal post is quoted with very long delivery times of upto 2 months! Also I personally would fear of 'lost in transition', although I do not have any negative experience.

I did not pay any custom duty as the dealers are very smart with their value declaration *wink*
Old 21st May 2014, 23:57   #45
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer I bought it from had a very attractive price on DHL shipping. So although I paid about 1.5/2k more than EMS, I got the armrest in one week from ordering.

I would suggest atleast use EMS for shipping, as normal post is quoted with very long delivery times of upto 2 months! Also I personally would fear of 'lost in transition', although I do not have any negative experience.

I did not pay any custom duty as the dealers are very smart with their value declaration *wink*
Waking up an old thread. How is the armrest doing? i've been wanting one too. I wanted to know which vendor on Aliexpress you used for the arm rest. There seem to be many of them.
me_navin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks