Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2013, 12:35   #16
BHPian

re: Urban Discoveries - I WON a Ford EcoSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Congratulations quickdraw!

Just a word of advice: Go easy with the drifting. Besides the media-person who toppled the car in Goa, last week another EcoSport toppled during test-drive by a prospective customer. In general, drifting with a high GC car is a bad idea.
I hope these 2 are just random incidents caused by over enthusiastic drivers. but the news seems to be spreading in the market.Yesterday a friend (he is not a car person and doesn't follow the automobile scene)called me to take my opinion on which car he should buy and the first thing he asked me about the ecosport was about the toppling. I only knew about the goa incident and said it shouldn't bother him and he should book it (his other options were Honda city and Vento). I hope there is no inherent stability issues a.la the original A class
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 18:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
I hope these 2 are just random incidents caused by over enthusiastic drivers. but the news seems to be spreading in the market.Yesterday a friend (he is not a car person and doesn't follow the automobile scene)called me to take my opinion on which car he should buy and the first thing he asked me about the ecosport was about the toppling. I only knew about the goa incident and said it shouldn't bother him and he should book it (his other options were Honda city and Vento). I hope there is no inherent stability issues a.la the original A class
I had been over to the Renault showroom and heard the SE telling 3 different parties on how the Duster is more stable than Ecosport and how he has videos of 4 different Ecosports toppling over.
I guess Ford needs to educate a lot drivers on drifting and taking the curves with improper banking at lower speeds. At the end of the day, most of the Ecosport owners would be people upgrading from low slung cars or shorter cars
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 20:21   #18
BHPian

Congrats on the Ecosport. Good to see a BHPian winning the contest. Looking forward to hear some detailed views on the car especially on the FE front and if there were any maintenance issues faced during the contest. Also, kindly highlight any build quality issues as you would have taken it over all kinds of terrain.

Black Ecosport will look wicked. Keep us updated on the delivery experience.

Cheers
Old 3rd July 2013, 06:18   #19
BHPian

Congrats on winning the best looking suv in the price range.... Lucky Dad
Old 3rd July 2013, 09:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post

Fun fact which I mentioned earlier about Gift Tax - http://taxguru.in/income-tax/tds-und...m-lottery.html I'll have to pay 30% of the ex-showroom cost of the car to the Govt of India.

India Shining!
Many congratulations on your win and wishing you many happy kilometres in your car.

Looking at your post made me think of one thing:
"The best things in life are free"- Update: "The best things in life are free, but just make sure you pay Caesar his due"

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
I guess Ford needs to educate a lot drivers on drifting and taking the curves with improper banking at lower speeds. At the end of the day, most of the Ecosport owners would be people upgrading from low slung cars or shorter cars
With any new car purchase, owners need to take the time to acclimatize to that vehicle's on-road behavior, before they start speeding. I moved from driving a Swift VDi to a Scorpio. The Scorpio has loads of body roll, and I can never even hope to corner in it the way I used to in my Swift. I drove my Scorpio well within 100 for the first 1500 km, and not just for the run-in period consideration.

In any case, driver education at vehicle showrooms is pathetic in India, because the guys selling the cars mostly know less about them than you and I do. For instance, having owned two turbo-charged diesels to date, not once have I been told, at either showrooms or service stations, about the fact that the car needs to be idled for 1 minute at start-up, and never to hot-shutdown. How many people even care to read their vehicle's user manual?

So the only folks who can fill that gap are websites like Team-BHP, and one better hope that a major portion of the "janta" is reading these posts.

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd July 2013 at 16:39. Reason: back to back posts. Please refrain. Next time infraction
Old 3rd July 2013, 11:50   #21
BHPian

Congrats on the car mate!!! I surely agree with you that EcoSport, has POWERRRR... I remember crusing in Goa couple of weeks back on the NH17, and I was touching somewhere around 120-130 on the freeway, and an EcoSport rushed past me. And it was a Petrol Powered Car. It took me couple of kms and turns to keep pace with it, and the test driver was constantly driving at speeds above 140. Congrats on winning the car once again.
Old 3rd July 2013, 12:16   #22
BHPian

Winning one of the hottest cars right now must be some feeling mate.

Congrats on getting a fantastic car and also the effort you made in your journey is commendable.
Old 3rd July 2013, 12:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations & wish you all the very best with your new ecosports.
Was the Ecoboost titanium the only variant that was the prize or could you have gone in for a diesel as well?
Old 3rd July 2013, 15:26   #24
BHPian

CONGRATS! Winning an Ecosport! Holy cow! How cool is that!?!

Please do share more insight gained from 'living' with her for 3 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Hey congrats on winning the EcoSport !

Will you get immediate delivery or even you'll have to wait for 3-4 months?

Cheers
Now that is a wicked question
Old 3rd July 2013, 15:47   #25
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Did you get an opportunity to drive the DSG AT1.5P - if so how does the power differ from the 1L EcoBoost in the real world usage?
Old 3rd July 2013, 15:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Great Man!!! Congrats on the win!!

I think this is a first on the Forum ever, that a member has won a Car.
Old 3rd July 2013, 16:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

I was going to say you're one lucky guy; till i saw the video. Fantastic conceptualization and editing, you definitely deserved to win it .. Congratulations!

I still think you're lucky for getting that Mondeo though
Old 4th July 2013, 01:03   #28
BHPian

Re: Urban Discoveries - I WON a Ford EcoSport

Congratulations for your Ecosport, which I would say you deserved to win considering the effort and hard work put in by you and your team and it shows in your pictures and videos as well.

I think even if you are getting it at 30 % of the ex-showroom price, it is still quite a good deal for an all-new car that is certainly going to see long waiting periods I suppose.

Confratulations once again and waiting for the ownership report of your own all new black Ecosport.
Old 4th July 2013, 10:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations man! The video you've put up is hilarious. Doesn't come as a surprise how you got elected and selected as the winner. Great job.

Share a few pictures of your new ride with us whenever you can.
Old 5th July 2013, 18:39   #30
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
But I did work very hard for it, I self taught myself how to shoot/edit videos. And you can see my videos progressively got better (at-least thats what I think).

Big congratulations, absolutely more so because of the effort from the basic learning of shooting/editing and the concept that you had put in that video, brilliantly done.

Video techniques are somewhat quite different and may be even requires more effort than what photography is - some realization as trying to learn about video imaging in bits and pieces.

Last edited by adc : 5th July 2013 at 18:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks