Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2013, 10:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Ecosport Titanium (Ecoboost) - Diamond White

And the first one arrives........... Many congratulations and have a blast with the car!!
Old 16th July 2013, 10:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

A pleasant review from one of the first Ecoboost owners on the forum. Congratulations. The Ecosport indeed looks fantastic in white!

An interesting upgrade from an i10 to a quasi-SUV. How did you manage to leave out everything in between? I am sure there were many options worth considering, apart from what you already did, when your primary requirement was seat height adjustment, no?

Wishing you many trouble free miles with your new Ford!

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 16th July 2013 at 10:30.
Old 16th July 2013, 12:24   #33
BHPian

Congratulations on the Ecoboost Ecosport! First one on the forum I guess? It could be some time before we have many, because the waiting period officially is now 12 months!! Please keep the thread updated as you add Kms.

I have found the turbo to be a little more aggressive than - say a Fiat Linea T-Jet, i.e. to say it's possibly closer to a diesel turbo, which gives a power surge past 1800 and not completely linear. An that can get addictive. The leather and the interiors feel very very premium, though I was little bit concerned about the space inside.

Last edited by Tats07 : 16th July 2013 at 12:27.
Old 16th July 2013, 13:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on being the first one on tbhp to get an Ecosport and put up an ownership thread. I've booked mine (diesel) on the 26th and the car should be here in October/November.

Nice balanced review! Will keep a check on the thread to see how the car performs over the next few months
Old 16th July 2013, 13:17   #35
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride. And yes the white does look very nice. Saw one in Gurgaon yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised.

Despite all the hype around it, I found it extremely good looking and not small as a hatch as some others have felt.

Congrats to Ford for an excellent product.

Hope you enjoy trouble free enjoyable miles on your new ride.
Old 16th July 2013, 13:57   #36
BHPian

Congrats on your superb new ride. I am particularly interested in knowing how practical is the opening of the rear hatch in normal usage conditions since it cannot be opened from the platform side.
Old 16th July 2013, 14:01   #37
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride and wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles with your Ecoboost Ecosport.

Do keep updating the thread. BTW what are the service intervals specified for the Ecosport ?
Old 16th July 2013, 14:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations for the EcoSport and the car looks class in white.
Thanks for a nice and crispy review of the car.
Would request you to update the thread regularly.

Enjoy the car and drive safe.
Old 16th July 2013, 16:50   #39
BHPian

Congratulations on your Ecosport, buddy. Munch safe miles and happy motoring. I have been following your thread for a long time now. Even your posting on the test drive review thread.

A very valuable review from you. Enjoyed reading it !!!!
Old 16th July 2013, 21:31   #40
BHPian

Thanks all for the wishes!

I'm as eager as you are to know the real-world FE figures of this engine. But a reliable figure will only be determined with a full-tank to full-tank test. I've started my trip-meter during my last filling. I think I'll keep going until I need to re-fill and then calculate. The more I drive on this full-tank, the better. I'll also keep track of city and highway kilometers covered. Stay tuned.

I went for a longish drive (close to 180km) last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. This car is a dream on the highway. At 100kmph, this car felt planted, and the steering weighs up quite heavily (On the highways, it may be possible to turn the steering with your finger, if you had gorilla's fingers). The puny engine hovers around 2500 RPM at 100 kmph and is ready to rev up with a little nudge from your toe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfreak View Post
Do take her for a full photo-shoot some time soon. Please keep us posted about the FE figures and service updates.
Cheers!
I will try if I can squeeze in another photo-shoot this weekend. But don't you think GTO and Vidyut did a brilliant job already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
I would like to know if you tried the normal 1.5 petrol engine? How is it as compared to the Ecoboost?
I never got a chance to try the 1.5 Petrol engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
Can you elaborate more on the turbo lag at lower rpms? And how the vehicle pulls when fully loaded at lower rpm?
You had mentioned about the harsh ride for rear seat passengers. Is it always or only over broken roads? And the same question on fuel efficiency which many others are also eager to know.
There is a very visible lag, till about 1500-1800 RPM. Below that, the throttle response is dull for about 2-3 seconds till the turbo spools up. The car accelerates very slowly and if you're in a hurry, you'll need to down-shift. With 4 people in a car, if you go over a huge speed-bump, you might first have to slow down considerably (so passengers at the rear don't feel uncomfortable), and you'll have to come down to 1st gear to take off quickly - or stay in 2nd for 2-3 seconds. The same when going up ramps. With just you driving, it can climb up in 2nd gear, but if your car is full, first gear and a bit of clutch slip might be needed. Vidyut was spot on when he wrote about the ecoboost engine.

Of course, once you're above 1800 rpm, there's no looking back. It's response is like that of Duster 110bhp, but with lesser turbo-lag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Was the dealer Mody or Vibrant/Fortune?
Fortune Ford, Tolichowki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
An interesting upgrade from an i10 to a quasi-SUV. How did you manage to leave out everything in between? I am sure there were many options worth considering, apart from what you already did, when your primary requirement was seat height adjustment, no?
My budget of 10L - this car checks all my boxes and comes within my budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
Congrats on your superb new ride. I am particularly interested in knowing how practical is the opening of the rear hatch in normal usage conditions since it cannot be opened from the platform side.
I haven't used the tail-gate yet . Haven't gone shopping yet.

Last edited by saisrujan : 16th July 2013 at 21:40.
saisrujan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 22:26   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post

There is a very visible lag, till about 1500-1800 RPM. Below that, the throttle response is dull for about 2-3 seconds till the turbo spools up. The car accelerates very slowly and if you're in a hurry, you'll need to down-shift.
Thanks, that explains it in detail. So we need to retune our gear shifting abilities and learn to down shift early if we need to overcome the lag.

And request you to keep the thread updated with your ride and experiences.

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th July 2013 at 12:37. Reason: Please dont quote an entire post for a short reply
Old 16th July 2013, 22:44   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
Thanks, that explains it in detail. So we need to retune our gear shifting abilities and learn to down shift early if we need to overcome the lag.

And request you to keep the thread updated with your ride and experiences.
Yes, it's all about being in the right gear at the right speed. The advantage of the ecoboost is that you'll get linear and strong power delivery all the way from 1800-5500 RPM unlike turbo-diesels, which give a peak power delivery around 2200 RPM and then taper off, egging you to up-shift.

The turbo-lag on the ecoboost is quite livable - I'm already getting used to it, and don't feel bothered by it anymore. I'm downshifting early and delaying my up-shifts but FE is sure to take a hit!

I forgot to respond back about the ride. Speed-bumps are indeed harsh at all speeds. Road imperfections can be felt only at lower speeds and unpaved uneven roads can jolt the vehicle. At higher speeds, imperfect roads and small ditches don't bother you at all. We sail through - but if there's a big ditch / speed-breaker, you'll have to slow down to prevent a jarring thud.
Old 17th July 2013, 11:43   #43
BHPian

How about fuel efficiency? How much you are getting.
Old 17th July 2013, 12:24   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it's all about being in the right gear at the right speed. The advantage of the ecoboost is that you'll get linear and strong power delivery all the way from 1800-5500 RPM unlike turbo-diesels, which give a peak power delivery around 2200 RPM and then taper off, egging you to up-shift.

The turbo-lag on the ecoboost is quite livable - I'm already getting used to it, and don't feel bothered by it anymore. I'm downshifting early and delaying my up-shifts but FE is sure to take a hit!
Right . Power and Pickup versus FE is always inversely proportional.

Quote:
I forgot to respond back about the ride. Speed-bumps are indeed harsh at all speeds. Road imperfections can be felt only at lower speeds and unpaved uneven roads can jolt the vehicle. At higher speeds, imperfect roads and small ditches don't bother you at all. We sail through - but if there's a big ditch / speed-breaker, you'll have to slow down to prevent a jarring thud.
That clears the air. So it will be certainly better than my current ride, Swift Petrol.

I had prebooked ecoboost T(O) on 15th June. But looks I have to wait until Sept or Oct to lay my hand on it.
Old 17th July 2013, 16:43   #45
BHPian

Congratulations Saisrujan,
The EcoSport is a brilliant bit of kit. I too have booked one, a diesel T(O) in Sea Grey color. Sadly, I'll have to wait for a couple months at least, until I can get the delivery.

Keep updating this thread regularly and keep posting pictures whenever you can.
Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks