Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2013, 12:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tizze Lands Home- The Linea T-Jet 2013

Many congratulations PUCHOO for the jet.
It is undoubtedly the best driver's car, and I hope it gives you an absolutely niggle free performance.
Enjoy (flying) the jet and drive safe.

A few things from your comments in the above posts :
a. There is no official run-in period, but do not red line the engine in the first thousand KM. Drive normally and do not lug the engine in the process of driving sedately.
b. This is one of the best enthusiast's car and you do not need to remap the beast.

Last edited by Sommos : 11th July 2013 at 12:38.
Old 11th July 2013, 12:49   #32
BHPian

Congrats puchoo! So at last you have got your beauty. If one waits for close to an year to get this car (that too when there are superior forces (read wife) behind you, forcing you to close on a deal ASAP - ), I can only imagine what impression this would have left in you since the first time you test drove one.

Well done Fiat, for making such a great car. At the same time, pity on Fiat for not being able to convert this into good sales.

My Punto would be three next month - although I had initially planned to keep this car for a decade or so, this TJet is giving me a tough time...

Expecting prompt updates from you, Puchoo...
Old 11th July 2013, 12:59   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the car ;a machine I'd love to own but I dread the Fiat support here.

This is an awesome shade that you've chosen ; I had a Corolla of the same shade but it was very painstaking maintaining it.

Am available for tips anytime you want.
Old 11th July 2013, 13:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Puchoo, is the stepney tire of smaller size than the regular tire?

At least it would be shocking news that the Fiat T-Jet comes with a Space Saver tire.

Edit: I enlarged the picture of the spare and it does look like a space saver /donut tire - uploading your own picture.

Attachment 1108945

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
I think this was already discussed on the main Tjet thread.

The new Emotion variants do indeed come with a "space saver" spare. But this space saver is still a 195/60 R15, is actually larger than the standard stock tyres of most of Linea's competitors!!!

For FIAT more than a space save, this is a cost saver. This spare is basically the stock wheel-tyre combo for the Linea active and is the same as the spare in a Punto emotion. The tyre size is also shared with the Punto Emotion and Linea Active/Dynamic.

But with the Linea Emotion variants, this truly becomes a "space saver". As the difference in size between the stock 205/55R16 and spare 195/60R15 is considerable, thus you see the max 80kmph sticker.
Ah ok , sorry got confused , yes it is smaller and you are bang on with the 80-KMPH observation , even the manual states that as the maximum speed for this tyre. I really dont understand why they had to do this , its not a deal breaker but would have been good to keep the alloy.
Old 11th July 2013, 13:28   #35
BHPian

Congratulations for your new Jet and it looks like a million bucks!!

Have a great time and wishing you many happy motoring miles!
Old 11th July 2013, 13:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
I really dont understand why they had to do this , its not a deal breaker but would have been good to keep the alloy.
Its a big cost saving.

A steel wheel in a marginally smaller size is quite a good bit cheaper, and a 195/60R15 tyre is also cheaper than a 205/55R16 one.

Add to that because a steel wheel+195/60R15 tyre combo is shared among a variety of model-variant combos, procuring it allows for higher economy of scale.
Old 11th July 2013, 13:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on getting the Tjet home. The Oceanic Blue looks great with those 16 inchers.
Thank you , those alloys look good with any color in my opinion. fantastic design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
nice picture story you have made. congratulations.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Congrats, Puchoo on the T-Jet. It looks beautiful in this shade of blue, though it would be a pain to keep it dust free so the colour looks as intended. Wish you many a wonderful miles in the Jet.

OT. A co-incidence. I also have parted with the Fabia, given it to my younger sister.
Will be difficult but will need to be done. Quite a co-incidence indeed!! But as in my case - they are both in the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Heartiest congratulations PUCHOO !

Wishing a lots of happy miles with the beast! Take care and drive safe.

Cheers!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post

The spare wheel moving to steel rims is a huge downer.

The dash board plastics were never soft to touch but has good finish. They have always been hard. The last time I experienced soft touch plastics were on the Ford Fiesta S. The Ford Classic does not get this any more.

The cavity for the rear seat arm rest is well finished even on the earlier cars. It is not leather but what ever material they have used looks well finished.
It is and its not about cost. At this range paying a little bit more would not have mattered , having the spare as an alloy would have been more important.

Yes never intended to imply they were , fiat famously used to call them soft touch earlier - but agreed they are very well finished and i would not call them "hard hard" either

Have to disagree on the cavity , it was not touched up properly at all. Refer to attached photo from KartikK's review - the black color is not a problem , the problem is that it is clearly some element of the backseat , even the screws are visible. This was hard metal like. The treatment now is far superior.
Attached Thumbnails
Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0301-karthikk.jpg  

puchoo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 14:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
A few things from your comments in the above posts :
a. There is no official run-in period, but do not red line the engine in the first thousand KM. Drive normally and do not lug the engine in the process of driving sedately.
b. This is one of the best enthusiast's car and you do not need to remap the beast.
Thank you and for the tip on the run in and i shall do that. No red lining has happened yet and only gone beyond 60 KMPH once , majorly owing to traffic conditions not me but will definitely keep the RPM's in check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
Congrats puchoo! So at last you have got your beauty. If one waits for close to an year to get this car (that too when there are superior forces (read wife) behind you, forcing you to close on a deal ASAP - ), I can only imagine what impression this would have left in you since the first time you test drove one.

Well done Fiat, for making such a great car. At the same time, pity on Fiat for not being able to convert this into good sales.

My Punto would be three next month - although I had initially planned to keep this car for a decade or so, this TJet is giving me a tough time...

Expecting prompt updates from you, Puchoo...
Updates guaranteed! , nothing in the segment came close to Tizzie for me and i am lucky that fiat got it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Congrats on the car ;a machine I'd love to own but I dread the Fiat support here.

This is an awesome shade that you've chosen ; I had a Corolla of the same shade but it was very painstaking maintaining it.

Am available for tips anytime you want.
Thank you and will definitely reach out , my experience with the Skoda guys has made me a little more confident in this regard and ofcourse the great ownership reviews here also provide peace of mind to a large degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Congratulations for your new Jet and it looks like a million bucks!!

Have a great time and wishing you many happy motoring miles!
Thank you!

Quote:
Its a big cost saving.
Agreed , but i think they lost out on perception points here , offering a 5th wheel as an alloy has always been looked upon positively and they should have stuck to it.
Old 11th July 2013, 14:39   #39
BHPian

Congratulations on finally getting her home ! The colour is smashing.
Old 11th July 2013, 14:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its a big cost saving.
A steel wheel in a marginally smaller size is quite a good bit cheaper, and a 195/60R15 tyre is also cheaper than a 205/55R16 one.

Add to that because a steel wheel+195/60R15 tyre combo is shared among a variety of model-variant combos, procuring it allows for higher economy of scale.
But they still continue to provide the fifth alloy in the Emotion Diesel.
Could not understand why the same is not provided in the Emotion Tjet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Few more pictures.

Head unit - appears to be identical to the one which used to be present earlier but not qualified well to identify too many changes
But the manufacturer has changed from Blaupunkt to Delphi, thus considerable improvement in sound quality also.
Old 11th July 2013, 14:57   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But they still continue to provide the fifth alloy in the Emotion Diesel.
Has anybody checked this after the mild 2013 updates??
Old 11th July 2013, 15:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBlue View Post
Congratulations on finally getting her home ! The colour is smashing.
Thank you!

Quote:

But the manufacturer has changed from Blaupunkt to Delphi, thus considerable improvement in sound quality also.
Ah ok , was not aware it had already happened , thought that was something being considered for the 2014 version. Thanks!
Old 11th July 2013, 15:35   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Has anybody checked this after the mild 2013 updates??
Last weekend I happened to see a Dynamic MJD Linea here at Coimbatore. It had ACC as well as 15" alloys. So naturally I think the Emotion MJD Linea now would have 16" alloys and leather seats - but not sure about this. Now Dynamic is more like previous Emotion. Dynamic becomes the best deal all of a sudden...
Old 11th July 2013, 15:41   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride Puchoo. Hats off to your patience. I've never really looked into how good FIAT's are here in India, but your dedicated wait to own this beauty says a lot!

Only in terms of pure refinement of the engine, on a scale of 1 to 10, where would you place the Tjet when compared to the City, Verna, Vento or even the Fabia 1.6 that you still own?
Old 11th July 2013, 15:59   #45
BHPian

Congratulations mate!!! Its a stellar car... I am sure you will enjoy the ride for years to come. Drive Safe mate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks