Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2013, 21:25   #61
A.B

re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!

Hi puchoo. Congrats on your T-Jet.

Even we purchased a T-Jet recently and I got the tyres replaced with Yokohama AVS DBs at 44 kms. Got Rs. 6300 each for the Goodyear NCT5s and the AVS DBs were Rs. 8600 each so I paid Rs. 9200 total.

However, I am now regretting getting the stock tyres replaced as I had a side wall puncture the very next day. Well I am not sure if it was a puncture or if the tiny hole that caused the right front tyre to slowly deflate, was present at the time of installation. The tyres are June 2012 manufactured so were more than a year old at the time of installation. Although the dealer replaced the tyre free of cost (even though Yokohama had not approved replacement under warranty till then) I noticed yesterday that all of the tyres had lost significant amount of pressure (about 5 psi each). If all the tyres are defective then I will have to get them replaced all over again.

Besides I did not notice any significant difference in ride comfort after getting the tyres replaced. Only difference I felt was that the steering got a bit lighter. So, in my opinion it would probably be best not to get the stock tyres replaced any time soon.
A.B is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 08:20   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.B View Post
Besides I did not notice any significant difference in ride comfort after getting the tyres replaced. So, in my opinion it would probably be best not to get the stock tyres replaced any time soon.
I am no tire expert nor have I done comparisons. Though the Good Year NCT's receive only negative views, I find them to be really good. I have never struggled with grip, longevity or flats. My only complaint is tire noise as the T Jet is not the quietest of cars on the inside. A lot of tire noise filters in easily when driving at highway speeds. I am willing to sacrifice performance for better tire strength as this is what you need more on our war zone roads. My city roads at this moment are a total wreck and I can't afford to have side wall failures.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 12:55   #63
BHPian

Re: Tizze Lands Home- The Linea T-Jet 2013

Yeah, it is surprisingly mentioned as MAX 80 kmph on the sticker. Actually what surprised me more was 4 tyres are GOOD YEAR and 1 stepney APOLLO ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Puchoo, is the stepney tire of smaller size than the regular tire? Manufacturers often user a smaller tire as spare (for example 14 or 15 inches when the alloy might be 16 inches) to save space in the boot and as a cost-cutting measure. Mostly European cars in India, but so far I have not seen it with Fiat. A quick look at the stepney photo seems it is smaller than standard size; please confirm. The 2011 T-Jet, as you know, came with an alloy.

I think the picture shows 80 kmph written on the tire. That further affirms that it must be space saver.

From wikipedia

At least it would be shocking news that the Fiat T-Jet comes with a Space Saver tire.

Edit: I enlarged the picture of the spare and it does look like a space saver /donut tire - uploading your own picture.

Attachment 1108945
Old 19th July 2013, 15:32   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I am no tire expert nor have I done comparisons. Though the Good Year NCT's receive only negative views, I find them to be really good. I have never struggled with grip, longevity or flats. My only complaint is tire noise as the T Jet is not the quietest of cars on the inside. A lot of tire noise filters in easily when driving at highway speeds. .
Which is why i think i will wait for my highway trip to take place before deciding anything. It means not only 800 odd Km's but more importantly about 16 hours with the car hence will really understand how they are behaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
Yeah, it is surprisingly mentioned as MAX 80 kmph on the sticker. Actually what surprised me more was 4 tyres are GOOD YEAR and 1 stepney APOLLO ??
Yes , 80 KMPH is also mentioned as the limit inside the owners manual.
Old 19th July 2013, 15:41   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Definitely need to make the tyre shop visit happen then this weekend, What the frequency that you are using System G with - every tankful - every 2 tankfuls?
I use System-G continuously for 4-5 tankfuls, and then not use it for 2-3. So on average, I use it 2 out of 3 tankfuls.
Old 19th July 2013, 16:54   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
Yeah, it is surprisingly mentioned as MAX 80 kmph on the sticker.
Undersized spare wheels are not supposed to be used on a regular basis, hence the speed limit. The car's axles are not designed to run on differently sized tyres, so abusing the car / overspeeding with smaller spares can lead to mechanical damage. Undersized spares are just provided as a means to (safely) get to the nearest tyre shop and get the original tyre's puncture sorted out. They should be switched back to the spare wheel slot asap once the original tyre is back in action.
Quote:

Actually what surprised me more was 4 tyres are GOOD YEAR and 1 stepney APOLLO ??
Seems like a common practice with many OEMs nowadays, depending on what vendor they have for what size. It looks like Fiat uses JK Tornados for 165/80R14 (Punto Active and dynamic), Apollo Aceleres for 195/60R15 (Punto Emotion / Linea Active / Linea Dynamic) and Goodyear Eagle NCT5 for 205/55R16 (Linea Emotion T-Jet / MultiJet).

On the Punto sport, I got 4x 195/60R15 Apollos and 1 JK Tornado 165/80R14 as spare wheel.

Last edited by KarthikK : 19th July 2013 at 17:10.
Old 19th July 2013, 18:15   #67
BHPian

I've asked Vecto to give me a full sized alloy spare for my T-Jet Emotion. Will pay them the difference. The mini spare can be a real pain in the rear if you're a bit away from civilization; the loss of speed and stability can be a problem at night when family is in the car.
Old 19th July 2013, 23:58   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
I've asked Vecto to give me a full sized alloy spare for my T-Jet Emotion. Will pay them the difference. The mini spare can be a real pain in the rear if you're a bit away from civilization; the loss of speed and stability can be a problem at night when family is in the car.
To add to what you said, a 5th alloy with a same-sized tyre will also give you the additional option of including the spare in the tyre rotation routines.

P.S - you will be spending ~20k on the alloy + 205/55R16 tyre . Do note that the current spare with steel wheel will fetch you zilch in buyback price.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2013, 18:33   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've asked Vecto to give me a full sized alloy spare for my T-Jet Emotion.
Do update on the cost that Vecto is charging for the new alloy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

P.S - you will be spending ~20k on the alloy + 205/55R16 tyre .
Wow , thats quite a it but for some reason i remember hearing an amount which was far lesser than my SA , will check with him as well once.
Old 20th July 2013, 19:41   #70
BHPian

I will, Puchoo. My car should have arrived today or will tomorrow from Ranjangaon.

I had told the SA I needed to do a proper inspection before RTO paperwork can be done, and he had agreed immediately. A couple of days ago when I was following up on the status, he expressed surprise that I wanted to do an inspection!

These guys never keep one updated. I have had to call 3-4 times since he took the booking amount to find out what was happening.
Old 21st July 2013, 01:10   #71
Senior - BHPian

I cannot wait to see the ownership review and some pictures!!!

I could not agree more with you , do a proper PDI and satisfy yourself , going by what i saw there should not be any problems but a check is important. Remember to re-confirm the VIN number which will be located under the mat on the passenger side.

My guys were very keen on me doing the PDI personally , guess its a dealer to dealer orientation.

Quote:
I will, Puchoo. My car should have arrived today or will tomorrow from Ranjangaon.

I had told the SA I needed to do a proper inspection before RTO paperwork can be done, and he had agreed immediately. A couple of days ago when I was following up on the status, he expressed surprise that I wanted to do an inspection!

These guys never keep one updated. I have had to call 3-4 times since he took the booking amount to find out what was happening.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 00:42   #72

congrats on the brilliant purchase. no doubt the best car both to drive and look at in this range.

i have never used '97 or system G no problems so far. (8K in one year).

Does system G really help in the jet?

i always seem to get a comfy seating position however its not the same one every time. It can never beat the new fieata in driving seat comfort.
Old 22nd July 2013, 19:25   #73
BHPian

Congrats mate. Love the color. I assume this color is a recent addition by FIAT. I drive a Bosa nova white T-jet. I have done 10K till now. Absolutely thrilled. I can vouch for the car.Absolutely no problems till date (baring bottom scraping) but the new T-jet has already taken care of that. Let me know the change in dynamics with the increased GC.
Old 23rd July 2013, 18:47   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmech View Post

Does system G really help in the jet?

Giving it a skip for now and sticking to 91 Octane as well basis advise i have received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chohan View Post
Congrats mate. Love the color. I assume this color is a recent addition by FIAT. I drive a Bosa nova white T-jet.
Thanks!! Yes they introduced it with the 2012 Linea's and simply carried it the T-Jet as well.
Old 24th July 2013, 15:35   #75
BHPian

Wow. Congrats on the purchase. A blend of both build and power in the same plate !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks