Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2013, 16:53   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!

Great thread.
It is quite astonishing that a Fabia owner is happy with interior quality in a Fiat (which has always been a reason for discussion so far).

I hope Fiat did not make your Linea with extra attention and the same QC processes are applied for other cars too.

Good to hear this.

While I have no clue about the cost of the alloy, I find it hard to believe that the tyre and alloy will add up to 20K. The alloy should be around Rs. 7K (typical price) and the tyre around 8-9K, I believe.
So, I expect a price of about 16K for the set. You might get peanuts for the factory supplied spare.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 18:15   #77
BHPian

Original Fiat 16" Alloy is Rs. 11k with tax; this is the price that has been quoted by the dealer to me because I want a full size spare. It may be overpriced, but if I want a matching spare, I have to shell out. It is my intention to rotate all 5 tyres evenly.

Add about Rs. 9k for the tyre; there's your Rs. 20k.
Old 25th July 2013, 00:08   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
Wow. Congrats on the purchase. A blend of both build and power in the same plate !
Thanks! That it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Great thread.
It is quite astonishing that a Fabia owner is happy with interior quality in a Fiat (which has always been a reason for discussion so far).

I hope Fiat did not make your Linea with extra attention and the same QC processes are applied for other cars too.

Good to hear this. .
I am satisfied with the interior quality , sure if we start allocating points it might not score as much as the Fabia in certain aspects but i will not be far behind either. I loved the soft touch panel i had across the dashboard on the Fabia - but if one compares stuff like the doors , music system , steering , , power window buttons , seats both cars are fairly close to each other - maybe the pre 2013 models were not as well done as the 2013 one's - i cannot really comment because to some degree a certain amount of time ( more than a test drive) needs to be spent with the car to gauge interior construction.

There are some bits with the - T-jet i am not happy about , for example the plastic quality of the cup holders in the rear arm-rest , but the Fabia never had a rear arm rest to begin with so no comparison there , or the driver arm rest for that matter. The one thing which the Fabia definitely wins on is the quality of the levers to adjust seat height/reach - the ones of the T-Jet feel a bit flimsy and thin and they are not smooth , fortunately not a feature one would use very extensively post finding ones best driving spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Original Fiat 16" Alloy is Rs. 11k with tax; this is the price that has been quoted by the dealer to me because I want a full size spare. It may be overpriced, but if I want a matching spare, I have to shell out. It is my intention to rotate all 5 tyres evenly.

Has your car arrived ??
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 00:45   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Sorry about Hijacking Puchoo's thread. You can source the Tjet 16 inch alloys for 6500 a piece from Kava automobiles. I bought 2 alloys from in the past fortnight. Do let me know if you need any details on this.

OT: By the the Dynamic version which comes with the 15 inch alloys has 14 inch steel wheels with 165/80 R14 spec tyres.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 09:23   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Has your car arrived ??
It has. I will probably take delivery Friday or Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Sorry about Hijacking Puchoo's thread. You can source the Tjet 16 inch alloys for 6500 a piece from Kava automobiles. I bought 2 alloys from in the past fortnight. Do let me know if you need any details on this.
Details on Kava please! Do they sell the original Fiat alloy wheel? They don't seem to have a website. I've already ordered from Vecto, don't know if I can back out now
Old 25th July 2013, 11:01   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It has. I will probably take delivery Friday or Saturday.

Good Stuff!! Only a day away maybe then for you to get her home!
Old 25th July 2013, 14:31   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I can tell you that an alloy shouldn't cost that much, but companies do tend to rip-off in general.
We live in a greedy world.
But pricing from nkrishnap is what I would expect from outside market for a 16".

Also tyre price is a bit on the higher side for a normal 16" tyre.
Old 25th July 2013, 14:44   #83
BHPian

Congratulations on your new buy

Linea carries an impeccable Elegance which just steals my heart every time i see one spinning on the road

Wishing you a million miles ahead.
Old 25th July 2013, 16:49   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Details on Kava please! Do they sell the original Fiat alloy wheel? They don't seem to have a website. I've already ordered from Vecto, don't know if I can back out now
Since you've already placed the order, they might have already invoiced and sourced that alloy for you. Ethically, I would say it is better to stick to the dealer's alloy for now.

All is not lost though. You can negotiate with them to try and cram that alloy into the discounts / freebies somehow. If not the total cost, at least that difference amount of 4-5k over what you lost at Kava.

Quote:
Also tyre price is a bit on the higher side for a normal 16" tyre.
Unfortunately this is the case. Most 16" tyres from the reputed houses (Michelin / Yoko / Bridgestone / Continental) retail at around 9k and upwards. The difference between 15" and 16" tyres is quite steep, ~5k v/s ~9k. From what I've heard, this is because 16" (and bigger) tyres are being imported directly due to the relatively lower demand for that size range.

Last edited by KarthikK : 25th July 2013 at 16:51.
Old 25th July 2013, 17:11   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Since you've already placed the order, they might have already invoiced and sourced that alloy for you. Ethically, I would say it is better to stick to the dealer's alloy for now.

All is not lost though. You can negotiate with them to try and cram that alloy into the discounts / freebies somehow. If not the total cost, at least that difference amount of 4-5k over what you lost at Kava.
I would agree that it would be unethical to back out now. I asked the SA at Vecto, and he was fine with it; he said he could put a hold on the order, or that it would sell out fast anyway because a lot of people are inquiring about upgrading the spare (his words, not mine).

I've put in an inquiry at Kava. I'll go with them only if it's the real Fiat alloy, not a look-alike copy. According to the SA at Vecto, the Linea alloys come from Brazil.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 17:17   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I would agree that it would be unethical to back out now. I asked the SA at Vecto, and he was fine with it; he said he could put a hold on the order, or that it would sell out fast anyway because a lot of people are inquiring about upgrading the spare (his words, not mine).

I've put in an inquiry at Kava. I'll go with them only if it's the real Fiat alloy, not a look-alike copy. According to the SA at Vecto, the Linea alloys come from Brazil.
No-brainer in that case. Ditch the dealer and buy it directly. From what I heard, it is the real thing and Kava sources these alloys directly from the parts supplier abroad, same guy who supplies to Fiat's factory here, so you shouldn't have any authenticity issues I think.

To be frank, even if it was not the real thing, I'd still take it. The spare wheel will hardly be used, but the full-sized 16" option will always be there if you ever need it .
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 11:42   #87
Senior - BHPian

400 KM Update

Car continues to do well. My Road trip is finalized and i look forward to the 800 Km drive which i am going to be doing in about 2 weeks.

Have not reduced the Tyre pressure yet hence rise overall same but will be doing that over the weekend.

The driver-arm rest is making a little irritating "chu chu" noise when raised up , small thing which i am sure will get taken care of with lubrication/tightening but a bit early for such a noise to come.

Don't know if this is common since this is the first car i have had with USB input. But the car automatically turns on and turns off my media drive - not talking about a flash drive here but a proper mp3 player which has its own power on and power off button. really convenient.

Managed to find some T- Jet branded mats which should arrive in a few days , yes i know they are not the most durable but had to have them for some time atleast!!

FE more or less averaging out to about 10 KMPL , the running is still limited to home-office-home so she has not really been able to stretch her legs at all. On the heavy foot aspect , have not taken her beyond 3500 RPM which too has only been touched on acceleration once in a while not a sustained drive.

I am going to plan a few very small DYI jobs

The first would be the dead pedal. Between it being white and the same material as the rest of the dash it just looks dirty all the time. Planning to cut out a piece of thin foam , layer it with some material and double tape it to that. At least it keeps the plastic clean - maybe i wont do the foam at all and simply have some cover on it.

Cup holders - i loved the felt lining which the Fabia had , more so because whatever i put did not rattle inside the car since it was not hitting something hard , will do this for all the cup holders in Tizzie and if i do a really nice job of it maybe i will try and replicate in the glove-box as well

I need parking sensors , its moved upto the top of the list. For the most part parking is not a problem and i have been able to park in some really tight spots as well but every once in a while i tend to get a bit disoriented so they are going to be in pretty soon.
Old 26th July 2013, 11:53   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
400 KM Update

The driver-arm rest is making a little irritating "chu chu" noise when raised up , small thing which i am sure will get taken care of with lubrication/tightening but a bit early for such a noise to come.
Perhaps moisture causing this. Spray WD-40 at the joints and leave for few minutes.

Quote:
Managed to find some T- Jet branded mats which should arrive in a few days , yes i know they are not the most durable but had to have them for some time atleast!!
Mats? There is a thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ct-review.html
Old 26th July 2013, 12:17   #89
BHPian

Quote:
400 KM Update

I am going to plan a few very small DYI jobs
Please do post pics of the work in progress and the completed stuff.

And my apologies for hijacking your thread.

Quote:
Kava never got back to my inquiry put into their website, and I spent all morning calling them, no answer. Finally got through to some very gruff chap who had no interest in talking to me. It appears they ship through transport companies (Sharma Transport in this case) and I have to go to Sharma's office opposite Police Grounds on Mysore Road to pick it up. Kava want the money first through bank transfer. My experience with this type of bus transport has not been good; they just toss the things as they wish, and the items are usually not packaged to take the abuse. It's also a lot of time and effort on my part to go get it, and I am dubious of the whole thing. I'm skipping Kava for now and going with Vecto. I don't want a safety / reliability problem with a critical item like a wheel.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 12:25   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Perhaps moisture causing this. Spray WD-40 at the joints and leave for few minutes.

Mats? There is a thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ct-review.html
Difficult to find WD-40 around my place but thanks , great idea! Yes i know about that thread and i will i am sure end up buying different mats for the car at some point - but for now looking forward to getting the T-Jet Branded ones.

Quote:
Please do post pics of the work in progress and the completed stuff.

And my apologies for hijacking your thread.
I will , planning to start this weekend but the wife has other instructions laid out for me for now so maybe next weekend... and absolutely no problem , look forward to hijacking your thread soon!!

Most Viewed